How to find: AIO with pump not in the cpu block

My google-foo is failing me.

Its hard to tell what AIOs have the standard Asetek pump-in-block config and which have the pump elsewhere (mostly, its hard to tell which ones have the pump elsewhere).

Given my case, i could really use to swap for one with the pump not in the block since the block has to be above the radiator placement.

BeQuiet makes one (the Pure Loop), but im not a fan of what the block looks like (no RGB on the block - white only. No RGB is fine, but the always-on white only is a no-go). I cant really find any others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the NZXT Kraken lineup have the pump in the radiator. Kraken M, maybe?
    I also think MSI makes some? MSI MAG Coreliquid
    EKWB also makes some AIOs with a pump attached to the rad

I don't know exactly which uses pumps but I can reduce your search field a bit. Almost ALL AIO are actually not designed and parted by who is selling them. They mostly just slap on branding, style, fans, and RBG to an already existing design. Here is a list of people you buy things from and who actually supplies the parts/design.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2...d-coolers-oems

So it mostly boils down to Asetek, CoollT, Apaltek, and a couple other smaller ones. Probably if you narrow your search to those you probably will find your answers easier. Because something like Corsair is really worried about talking about bling and fans rather than the actual workings of the cooler they really just use from someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Given my case, i could really use to swap for one with the pump not in the block since the block has to be above the radiator placement.
    What exactly are you replacing?

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    What exactly are you replacing?
    I currently have a Cooler Master AIO - https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog...id-ml120r-rgb/

It works fine/great - CPU temps are well within reason considering the case its in. Its just annoying to have to reach in and tap on the block to dislodge the air bubbles once a day, and eventually, itll kill the pump. Id rather just head that off, and throw the Cooler Master in my sons rig where it can be mounted above the block.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So you’re looking for the pump to be in the radiator,
    Doesn't have to be in the rad - the BeQuiet i noted above actually has it in-line in the lines. Seems to be the only one like that i can find though. Just needs to not be in the block because of where the case forces the rad to be mounted (below the CPU).

but you’ll still end up with all the bubbles in the block(not ideal for cooling). Get an air cooler.
    Air in the block will just reduce the cooling potential some. It would have to be catastrophic degredation (like a loss of 20c) for it to be a problem, and nothing i can find suggests that that is a thing. Air in the pump, which is what i currently get because the pump is in the block, will eventually kill the pump. Thats what im looking to avoid.

And there is no reasonable air cooler that will fit in my case, not and keep my 8600K cool when its running 4.8-5.0ghz. Theres no space for one to breathe, even a low profile cooler.

its not a catastrophic issue - ive had this Cooler Master unit for 2 1/2 years already and it still works, and i tap the bubbles out once a day when im using it - but if i can head it off for a ~80-100$, might as well, and i can give my son the existing unit.

Oh, and this one has the pump in rad design you’re looking for.

https://www.newegg.com/msi-liquid-co...&source=region
    Link doesn't work for me. i can tell its an MSI unit from the url, which one specifically?

Edit - nvm now it works. It went to a 404 when i tried it earlier but now it seems to work fine.

Further edit: That one actually looks nice, but they dont make a 120mm/140mm, unfortunately. Too bad, i like the lighting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I don't know exactly which uses pumps but I can reduce your search field a bit. Almost ALL AIO are actually not designed and parted by who is selling them. They mostly just slap on branding, style, fans, and RBG to an already existing design. Here is a list of people you buy things from and who actually supplies the parts/design.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2...d-coolers-oems

So it mostly boils down to Asetek, CoollT, Apaltek, and a couple other smaller ones. Probably if you narrow your search to those you probably will find your answers easier. Because something like Corsair is really worried about talking about bling and fans rather than the actual workings of the cooler they really just use from someone else.
    Yeah, im well aware of the Asetek issue.

Im just not sure there is a good way to filter when searching google.

Though several models have been pointed out by the posters above. I can probably make one work. If nothing else, Rosewill has one that appears to just be a re-badge of one NZXT also uses (only reason i cant just grab that NZXT model is that CAM suuuucccckkksssss and doesn't place nice with AURA) so its probably fine.

I actually like the BeQuiet! Pure Loop -except- for that always-on, white-only LED. And on that one the pump is actually in-line on the tubes. But that LED kills it for me. I could do fine without any lighting - it doesnt NEED to be RGB - but white only is a dealbreaker as that would just shine out of the middle of my rig all the time.

Thanks to everyone for the help so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Some of the NZXT Kraken lineup have the pump in the radiator. Kraken M, maybe?
    Yeah, only reason i didnt jump on the 120mm one they make is.. CAM. CAM is a dumpster fire (and it fights with AURA and causes tons of problems). If there were a way to make the lighting work without CAM, id consider it. I found a Rosewill that i think uses the exact same pump/rad as the NZXT model, so i might try that out.

EKWB also makes some AIOs with a pump attached to the rad
    Need to find those...
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2021-03-27 at 03:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need to find those...
    Basically any of the ones they make should be with pump elsewhere, though I'll admit to not really reading up on it. Otherwise you can look up their Phoenix lineup, that specifically has the pump on the side of the rad, though it's not the prettiest thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Basically any of the ones they make should be with pump elsewhere, though I'll admit to not really reading up on it. Otherwise you can look up their Phoenix lineup, that specifically has the pump on the side of the rad, though it's not the prettiest thing.
    Yeah unfortunately it looks like the pump is in the water block on those:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ekwb-aio_240_d-rgb

Which is too bad, i like the look and i already use Vardars on my existing rad.

Thankfully this isn't a "muh pump is dying right nao!" issue and i can sort through my options.

I was just thinking about fixing it before it became an issue, since the government gave us that stimulus money and i can afford to spend out a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah unfortunately it looks like the pump is in the water block on those:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ekwb-aio_240_d-rgb

Which is too bad, i like the look and i already use Vardars on my existing rad.

Thankfully this isn't a "muh pump is dying right nao!" issue and i can sort through my options.

I was just thinking about fixing it before it became an issue, since the government gave us that stimulus money and i can afford to spend out a little.
    Then try to see if you can get the Phoenix AiO that EK made. I'm 99% sure that has the pump on the rad. They still sell the individual pieces on their website on a clearance sale, but not sure if they're available elsewhere

It should be much cheaper and easier to switch your case to a propper one, where you are able to mount the radiator ON-TOP, as it should be and that would work flawlessly with every AIO.

You try to solve a self introduced difficulty. A case that does not let you positition the radiator above the mainboard is simply not really AIO compatible. The front mounting with tubes UP or DOWN is just a timebomb and in the very least will allways introduce more noise.

TLDR. get a real AIO case or use AIR for cooling, a custom water loop is not worth it
    -