Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Some reports coming out that Ole will be offered a new contract. All the rival fans are celebrating.
    Indeed.
    He hasn't done a terrible job. He's just about on par.

I would have been slightly more worried if they got a top manager in, so this is good news.

You can look at it in different ways. I would agree he's done an okay job but that's not very exciting. If we don't win EL this season we are standing still as a club considering we got 'top4' last season, and this season was the season to build on top of that. But with saying all of this, I think I'd be more positive if we played enjoyable football. The fact we play such uninspiring football (slightly better than under Mourinho and LVG but not by much) just makes the games boring to watch and when you neither have the results in terms of titles or playing well then it feels a bit frustrating.
    I can totally empathise with that. I suppose the balance is he's steadying the ship whilst playing boring ass football. The former is more important to me than the latter, if you're winning games regularly. Give it another 2-3 top players at the quality level of Fernandes, and everything looks dramatically different. Time will tell. Also have to factor in that Chelsea and Liverpool are likely to be better next year. So it'll be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I can totally empathise with that. I suppose the balance is he's steadying the ship whilst playing boring ass football. The former is more important to me than the latter, if you're winning games regularly. Give it another 2-3 top players at the quality level of Fernandes, and everything looks dramatically different. Time will tell. Also have to factor in that Chelsea and Liverpool are likely to be better next year. So it'll be interesting.
    Sure, but it's like you see on Reddit people saying "If he had Hååland, Sancho, Rice and Kounde we would challenge". Like sure, with those signings I'd expect us to challenge with the Old Trafford janitor as our manager.

Sure, but it's like you see on Reddit people saying "If he had Hååland, Sancho, Rice and Kounde we would challenge". Like sure, with those signings I'd expect us to challenge with the Old Trafford janitor as our manager.
    See, that's where I disagree. Not on the point of getting in Willy Wonka to defend, but about a janitor doing good job. Managers like Solskjaer are good in situations where you just need the team's egos to be managed and for them get out there and just play. Now, will that be sustainable long term? Who knows. It's rare to get in a manager in to do a job for life. If anything, he's helpful by way of not just sorting the team's egos out but insulating them from Woodward and Co. As with all things, time will tell. I would be inclined to let him get on with it for now. He's a Steady Eddie.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Bookies have england as favorites for euros why?

Their centerback pairing is gonna be maguire/stones because they come from the biggest clubs and theres not much competition there.

Stones has looked good with the help of Dias's leadership this season. If Stones is looking for that kind of leadership in maguire good fucking luck. Maguire isnt a good captain/leader and was instantly upstaged by Bruno when he arrived. Hes better left focusing on his own role and getting his head on aerial clearances than marshaling a back line.

Then you add on media expectations and you are just asking england to bottle it.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

You can look at it in different ways. I would agree he's done an okay job but that's not very exciting. If we don't win EL this season we are standing still as a club considering we got 'top4' last season, and this season was the season to build on top of that. But with saying all of this, I think I'd be more positive if we played enjoyable football. The fact we play such uninspiring football (slightly better than under Mourinho and LVG but not by much) just makes the games boring to watch and when you neither have the results in terms of titles or playing well then it feels a bit frustrating.
    OGS has still yet to sign a player for alot of money thats been utter shiteballs. In the previous years MUFC and theyre managers have signed useless "high quality" players that has performed terrible for whatever reason. OGS and his team started off with a huge job in clearing out most of the current squad when he took over. Just go back and see what the team was on the day he took over and now.

Know that he isnt done clearing out the deadweight and those who aint good enough to stay. BEsides Rashford, De Gea, Shaw & Pogba and MAYBE Lindeløf(might get a replace this summer) we are talking about a total revamp. You just dont do this without being hurt along the way. Performance will go up and down. This summer should hopefully mean new investment and soon OGS has a full squad of players with the right attitude and skills.

when OGS took over it was a team of old Fergusons, Moyes, LvG & Mourinho. A total shitshow with no direction or plan.

Klopp once said he needed 3 full seasons before anyone judged him. In the first years LFC was wobbling about, going from pure amazing to utter shite. Then third year came along, and something happend. What was it? Klopp had gotten the time to build the team he wanted and his players knew what Klopp wanted from them.

Sitting here thinking "oh if only a better manager was here we would win" is a dangerous road. That was the thinking for years after Ferguson. "just get a new one".

With all that said - yes, they have played lesser football at times. Yes, they should have won certain games and picked up a title or two. But you cant always get your way, thats sports. WHats more important is progression and this MUFC team still have that. Next season they should be ready to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Bookies have england as favorites for euros why?

Their centerback pairing is gonna be maguire/stones because they come from the biggest clubs and theres not much competition there.

Stones has looked good with the help of Dias's leadership this season. If Stones is looking for that kind of leadership in maguire good fucking luck. Maguire isnt a good captain/leader and was instantly upstaged by Bruno when he arrived. Hes better left focusing on his own role and getting his head on aerial clearances than marshaling a back line.

Then you add on media expectations and you are just asking england to bottle it.
    Alot of people are very excited about the young english players coming up. Theres also always a hype around England to win every time, no matter how bad they are.

I've seen England play with the greatest players they probably ever had - at the same time on the pitch - and still do bad.

The clear favourites this year should be France & Germany. England probably after that. italy and spain is in a transisiton now.

- - - Updated - - -

See, that's where I disagree. Not on the point of getting in Willy Wonka to defend, but about a janitor doing good job. Managers like Solskjaer are good in situations where you just need the team's egos to be managed and for them get out there and just play. Now, will that be sustainable long term? Who knows. It's rare to get in a manager in to do a job for life. If anything, he's helpful by way of not just sorting the team's egos out but insulating them from Woodward and Co. As with all things, time will tell. I would be inclined to let him get on with it for now. He's a Steady Eddie.
    Pretty much. MUFC needs stability, someone who knows the club. He is doing a great job so far. Not his fault that Klopp has done amazing at LFC and StateCity does so well too.

Things change so quickly in football. Who could have thought one year ago that MUFC would be second in PL with LFC out of top four?

The biggest issue with MUFC & OGS right now is winning those cup matches and swing close ties in theyre favour.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ole has done a good job and has broke some impressive records. But he needs to win something. Otherwise its just a meaningless Poch at spurs "At least they play good football" situation.

Man utd on their day can beat anyone, its consistency that is the problem. Proven this season again with record breaking away form and shit form at home.

Ole has done a good job and has broke some impressive records. But he needs to win something. Otherwise its just a meaningless Poch at spurs "At least they play good football" situation.

Man utd on their day can beat anyone, its consistency that is the problem. Proven this season again with record breaking away form and shit form at home.
    Man United play terrible football dude. They are a Bruno injury away from spiralling out of the top four.
    Consistency is a problem for every side apart from Man City.

The biggest compliment I can give Ole is he's done well in upturning periods of bad form. Nowadays, that's a death sentence.
    He's also done really well against City. Seems to have Pep's number.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    Man United play terrible football dude. They are a Bruno injury away from spiralling out of the top four.
    Consistency is a problem for every side apart from Man City.

The biggest compliment I can give Ole is he's done well in upturning periods of bad form. Nowadays, that's a death sentence.
    He's also done really well against City. Seems to have Pep's number.
    Well no one comments on the injury problems utd have. Cavani on loan who doesnt seem to play because of constant issues, martial whos less consistent than a wet fart.

Not a surprise rashford plays every game running himself into the ground and bruno runs himself ragged.

Ole was the one who wanted haaland before he blew up at dortmund. If he actually got backed who knows where they could be.

Well no one comments on the injury problems utd have. Cavani on loan who doesnt seem to play because of constant issues, martial whos less consistent than a wet fart.

Not a surprise rashford plays every game running himself into the ground and bruno runs himself ragged.

Ole was the one who wanted haaland before he blew up at dortmund. If he actually got backed who knows where they could be.
    United’s spine has stayed fit throughout the season, which is the most important thing. Peripheral players getting injured is never as damaging as if an entire team’s makeup has to change due to injuries. That’s why. Them not having a good striker is due to the fact that there’s a shortage of top class strikers anyway worldwide. So the good ones cost loads.

As crazy as it sounds I would probably trade being 2-3 positions lower in the table for playing good football. At least the games would be fun to watch and you could get behind the team easier. Yeah we're second which is the best out of the rest, but we're dreadful to watch and we're not challenging for anything so you don't get the excitement of winning anything either.

I don't consider myself a strong Ole-out guy either but I do think questions should be raised if we finish this season trophy-less. He came into a bit of a shitshow and turned things around, last season we finished third and got that 'top4 is like a trophy' feeling but this season is when he needed to build on top of that. We're still nowhere near the title (or other trophies), we're basically not closer to anything than we were last season and as others have said, us signing Bruno who has been arguably the best (or top3 at least) players in the league since his arrival in terms of importance has papered over a lot of cracks. You can call it "steadying the ship" to get a positive sound of it, I prefer 'treading waters' because we're basically in the same spot, but either way we wasted a year not getting any closer to where we should be.

I'm not saying Ole should be fired but giving him a new contract after a season like this one is crazy to me. He still has a year left and why not make him work for it? If things go as good as they can next season and we win something then you just extend. Rewarding mediocrity just feels weird.

Your injury problems haven't been much worse than anyone else.
    Also, nearly every team needs a striker at the moment.

If my nan had wheels, she would be a bike.

bucs resigned all 22 starts so brady will get 8

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    bucs resigned all 22 starts so brady will get 8
    This confused me so much I had to double check what thread I was in.

This confused me so much I had to double check what thread I was in.
    yeah i started reading other posts and then i realized lmao...

7+ Year Old Account
    Arsenal fan TV member Claude (the older bald one that would scream "its time to go") passed away, most likely from suicide but unconfirmed.

Thoughts and prayers

Arsenal fan TV member Claude (the older bald one that would scream "its time to go") passed away, most likely from suicide but unconfirmed.

Thoughts and prayers
    Sad to hear, I think someone (perhaps here) pointed out that he suffered from mental problems. Sad that he felt like suicide was his only option, if that was the case.

Lewa out for 4 weeks, which means he will miss both the crucial Leipzig away game (4 points separating the teams) and the PSG games. This happens at perhaps the worst possible time, but hopefully the team gets fired up by the possibility to show that they can do it without Lewa. Gnabry as the striker is my guess, a lot of pace upfront with that option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    He wasnt world class in his first years, once he went to the BVB he got better each year and now he is world class for 5 years.
    You mean when he was around 15-19? Few players peak that early.

He joined BVB at what, 21? 2 years later he was putting 4 past Madrid in the UCL semi final.

Lewandowski has been world class for close to a decade. Yes it's effort over natural gifted talent, but to suggest he was ever average and got to where he is through hard work alone is a disservice. Peter Crouch is an average guy that worked hard, Lewa was already decent and became world class.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

What are your predicitions for the quarter finals? These games feel a lot more tasty than the round of 16. I'll go for this week's games and put scorelines:
    City 4-2 Dortmund
    Real 2-2 Liverpool
    Bayern 3-1 PSG
    FC Porto 1-1 Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    What are your predicitions for the quarter finals? These games feel a lot more tasty than the round of 16. I'll go for this week's games and put scorelines:
    City 4-2 Dortmund
    Real 2-2 Liverpool
    Bayern 3-1 PSG
    FC Porto 1-1 Chelsea
    Going to agree with this. Solid predictions.