Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

WoWpinion: Whats the opinion/argument that pisses you off the most?

For me:
    When there is a generalization to defend every kind of Timegating instead of critically thinking on a case by case situation.
    The exact quote that triggers me immensely is:

"If it wasn't for timegating you would clear the game very fast, be bored, complain and unsubscribe"

<------- me

Current Thread Warnings:

This thread is about opinions/arguments that annoy people, not specifically about boosting. It's fine for that to be someone choice of annoying opinion, but let's drop the rolling and derailing argument about whether boosting constitutes Pay-to-Win in WoW.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-03-30 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Added Thread Warnings

"You don't have to play it/buy it"

Always someone drops that turd on the conversation in the mistaken belief they are offering some unique and profound wisdom.

That people actually think others care what other your opinions are.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    That people actually think others care what other your opinions are.
    You cared enough to post, even if it was a silly one-liner, but you do you.

More on topic, probably "are you 10/10M, 3k rio and 3k arena rating?" when you point (correctly or not, that's another matter) at the lack of content. The funniest part is that those offering such pearls of wisdom must think they are being incredibly witty or something
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

There's 2 for me:

1. Tauren's can't be rogues because they're too big and have hooves. As if the "realism" line should be drawn is before taurens being rogues but after elephants that can jump, anyone even gnomes can carry literally over a hundred pieces of armor and weapons, flying cities, etc. Its mind crushingly stupid.

2. A member of a given race would never want to join the other faction or be X class. Fantasy and SciFi were more or less created to show how stupid race based rules are. My god, even the granddaddy of all sword and board and dragon stories was about a member of a non adventurous race being different and going on an adventure. All it does is flatten the created world by forcing it to be inhabited by 2D characters.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

15+ Year Old Account
    That the developers are "lazy." This isn't just a thing with WoW, but layperson games criticism in general.

Unless you're talking about an asset flip or a shoddy port, it doesn't matter if the game is good or bad; people worked their asses off to make it, often in less than stellar conditions for less money than they deserve to make.

You can criticize design decisions, or point out that they might be cutting corners, or executive interference. That's fine.

Just understand that developing a game is about getting as much shit done in as short a time as possible and trying to polish it the best you can. Most of the people working on the game are passionate about it, and are sincerely trying to make it as good as they can.

From top to bottom, they want the game to be good, and they want it to be out fast, and they want it to be as polished as possible. If a game is getting delayed, or if a patch isn't coming out as soon as you would like, it's not for lack of trying. It's not like developers are sitting around with their thumbs up their asses. It's not like anyone wants a game to launch in an incomplete state, or that they want delays. They obviously want the highest quality product they can put out in a reasonable time.

It's just that there are bottlenecks and unexpected issues, bugs, things that sound good on paper but need to be redesigned after implementation, etc.

Same with bugs. WoW has an infinite stack of bugs at this point, it's a 15 year old game with new patches every 4-6 months on average. I doubt it would even be humanly possible for them to fix everything. They just have to do triage and try to prioritize the worst bugs. If you see a bug and report it and then a month later it's still there and hasn't been fixed, it's not because the developers are too lazy to fix it. It's because they probably get hundreds or thousands of bug reports every day and there's only so much they can do.

There are also lots of issues that throwing more money or hiring more people won't fix. There are bottlenecks in game development, and there are some jobs that simply take time.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2021-03-28 at 12:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    anything suggesting that the Blizzard store is Pay to Win.

I mean, we all know a matching Tmog boosts DPS by 10%, and a badass pet boosts it another 10%.

Kappa
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

that wanting quality of life changes and accessibility makes you 'lazy' and that you have to work for trivial yet time consuming bs

Any variation of "If the game sucks so much why are you posting about it"

Or when people complain that there's nothing left to do (as I have a few times lately) and people respond saying something to effect of "Well, you dont have all the achievements/alts/petbattles/whatever"
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2021-03-28 at 12:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Wow is dying."

So happy we close these when we see them.

The implication that casual is somehow bad is another. Come to think of it after 10+ years here there are a bunch of things like this. The game has good and bad. It's not a sin to say you like X and don't like Y.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

"There's nothing to do!" while the person only cleared the most recent raid and did a couple dungeons for weekly vault.

"How do you know we are the vocal minority?? No one else is speaking up so we must be the actual majority!"...like, that's the point man. Only the vocal minority is heard, the rest just plays the game in peace and doesn't partake in drama.

"You're not a good player if you didn't clear X at Y level" - no dude, there's various kinds of content in the game, someone not being 'goood' in the content you enjoy the most doesn't make them bad in general

"You haven't done X, therefore you can't have an opinion on it" - sorry, I'll have opinions about whatever I want
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-03-28 at 08:01 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    "There's nothing to do!" while the person only cleared the most recent raid on heroic and did a couple dungeons for weekly vault.
    and

"You're not a good player if you didn't clear X at Y level" - no dude, there's various kinds of content in the game, someone not being 'goood' in the content you enjoy the most doesn't make them bad in general
    Dont you contradict yourself here? Or my mistake?

5+ Year Old Account
    "There's nothing to do!" while the person only cleared the most recent raid on heroic and did a couple dungeons for weekly vault.

"How do you know we are the vocal minority?? No one else is speaking up so we must be the actual majority!"...like, that's the point man. Only the vocal minority is heard, the rest just plays the game in peace and doesn't partake in drama.

"You haven't done X, therefore you can't have an opinion on it" - sorry, I'll have opinions about whatever I want
    Hopefully you realise how contradictory are these two statements.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

That wow is better now than bfa.

When people lump basically any positive comments into "fanboy" and negative comments into "hater" without addressing the points the poster made at all.

Most of the above and
    "Wow alwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays had grinds". And then proceeding to compare netherwing with some long ass unrewarding something.

That people that play their class at 5% of its capabilities and are forever stuck in the endless loophole of low-end content and refuse to invest time to get better, somehow blame the "meta" for their misfortune and therefor they are entitled an opinion about class balance/issues in the top 0.01% content.

Because, DHs kiting meta in +25, is the reason they cant finish a +10 on their <insert any other tank spec>.

<Insert any class> whining about <Insert one of the Meta/Burst classes> about any sort of content.

Yes Little Billy, lets start finishing the M+ with something basic to improve, lets start with more than 3 interrupts and 5 <Insert other CC ability that would have saved your group from wiping> in your 50min run first, and then lets look about class balance opinions, yeah?

Yes, i am one of those guys, your opinion is not relevant to how the class performs in PvE content (PvP in WoW was and will always be an unbalanced joke/mess, either reroll to what class is broken this season, or be good enough to not care and outplay them as others do) when you cant even do the basics of your class, and i am not talking DPS wise only.
    Last edited by potis; 2021-03-28 at 01:35 AM.

The idea that you can't bring up balancing issues if you're not like 2.5k+ in arena, or regularly do mythic raiding / 20+ keys.

The weird, non-budging insistence that <x> expansion was harder than <whatever the current one is>. Completely disregarding the constantly increasing levels of player skill; it wasn't harder, you just got better. Rose-tinted glasses are serious.

The moment you express liking of something, you're immediately a white knight or a fanboy... On the opposite end, regarding #1, the idea you have to just get good and that something's only sticking out to you because you suck. Nice Ad Hominem breh.

The whole "this game has no content!!!" argument. The game has plenty, you just don't like it/want to do it. Quite a strong difference in the two.

Perhaps the most annoying, though, are the ones who can't admit the game just isn't for them anymore. You all know the types I'm talking about. The very epitome of sunk cost fallacy.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2021-03-28 at 01:33 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Don't blame Blizzard, blame Activision"
    As if Blizzard is magically devoid of any guilt on their weird design decisions.

''Blizzard is a company trying to make money'' - whenever they find a way to rob players of more money of an already expensive product while the games quality is going downhill. Then some people think its completely fine for them to act this way because apparently money is all that matters, not to keep up a good reputation or anything to avoid looking like EA. They used to make good games AND earn good money for it.

''Classic WoW is not going to happen / it will never be popular / it will be dead / it will die out in X amount of time / you only like it because of nostalgia''- Its not as much of a thing these days considering all the successes that Classic WoW had, but there are still a few left who are still this ignorant. The game had its natural decline with every gaming launch but it has never shown any sign of it being close to dead and it remains very profitable for Blizzard. Sorry for the retail fanboys but J Allen Brack was wrong with this one, we think we do and we indeed do.

''The game needs to be balanced'' - No... it does not actually. The game needs to be FUN. WoW was never meant to be a proper balanced game with a huge focus on speedrunning dungeons and organising PVP tournaments, yet they did it anyway and the game has only declined since then. If anything they need to go crazier and add more new classes and even specs more often just to keep the game a lot more fresh and enjoyable.