Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post

1) Flying is cheating, that trivializes game
    Well, objectively speaking it does trivialise the game, however I doubt anyone ever called it cheating.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    “Just quit if you don’t like it” is the most small brained argument of all when discussing fair criticism

If someone is being obtuse and childish, by all means dismiss them, but if they are just bashing the state of the game and what’s wrong with it “just quit” is absolutely the dumbest argument of all, especially if when the game is openly struggling
    I dunno man, when there's something I don't like do you know what I do? I just quit doing it.

I didn't like BFA. So I just quit. Literally the most logical thing to do. People who obsessively complain whilst still paying the company, are weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyning View Post
    So you’re triggered by rational arguments? Because that quote is literally true. I also think you’re making it up that anyone is defending “all” timegating. I think someone disagreed with you more than once and you made a stupid hyperbole. No one has defended all timegating as inherently good. You don’t have an example of someone doing that anywhere.

**and no, making a generalization that timegating is good is not the same as defending all of it, since I know that needs to be spelled out. “Food is good” does not mean that “all food is good, including dog shit tacos”
    I found the thread i made about Timegating...not every post is like my example, obviously.
    But there is some arguments like:

I think it would be wise to resign yourself to the fact that unless WoW somehow jumped back up to 10-12 million subs again, time gating is here to stay. It isn't nefarious, no mustache twirling behind the scenes, just financial responsibility. You can make a choice though; don't play.
    Why aren't raid and dungeon lockouts on this list? Is it because they're an example of how the game has worked nearly since its inception and go against the "BfA/Ion bad!!!" narrative?
    You're complaining that there's more to do in the game than ever before...because you can't blitz it all in a week and have literally nothing else to do for the rest of the patch?
    The whole reasoning for timegating is an answer to the problem of people going super hardcore and almost killing themselves IRL by completing everything in as short time as possible to be ahead in a what they see as a competition, to then complain to Blizzard that there is nothing left to do in the game while normal people have their hands full.

So the answer to your question depends if you think this is a good solution to this problem, or not.

I think it is.

Oh and by the way. I don't see Blizzard as keeping us subbed as long as possible as a "Scheme" per se. That's what every gaming company should and will do. If they want to survive as a business is a rough market.
    Pay no attention to my old self...is very cringe to read my old self on MMO-C.
    I was just a lost soul on this site all day

Old Thread:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-at-this-point

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well, objectively speaking it does trivialise the game, however I doubt anyone ever called it cheating.
    LOL this thread about saying the opinion that rly triggers you and don't like to hear it and you literally doubted someone on theirs. ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    LOL this thread about saying the opinion that rly triggers you
    Why do you think I'm being triggered, I'm merely correcting some errors that some people have. That's a non emotional response.

TO help you with your error:

1. FACT -> Flying trivialises content
    2. OPINION -> I don't like the content so I want to fly over it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

You have to play spec X because Warcraftlogs Top 100 says it is best.

Everything was better „back in the days“.

Don’t invite anything that is not played on +25 keys.

„Corruption is the worst thing that every happened in the history of everything“. Yeah right, the game is faster and everyone does more dmg, how terrible! -.-

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    None piss me off more than most, almost all suggestions made on MMO champ are made by young people without extensive gaming experience, without any gamedev experience, without any business experience thinking they know better than a multi-billion company.
    Listen folks, just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's wrong. It just not works for you. Which is fine. As you grow up you will encounter this many times more, and in more important aspects of life than gaming. So don't treat this like the be all and end all.
    Looks like someone just shot him/herself in the foot with this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I didn't like BFA. So I just quit. Literally the most logical thing to do. People who obsessively complain whilst still paying the company, are weird.
    Sounds reasonable. But THOSE guys in these boards jump at you with "if you aren't playing, why are you posting?", seasoned with some weird af comparisons to mourning widows or stalking ex's.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Why do you think I'm being triggered
    You misunderstood my sentence. I meant that this thread is to mention any opinions that you read a lot and it triggers you. The comment you quoted said smth, and you answered "but thats true" basically, so you triggered her/him on the opinion she/he is most triggered by.

That Activision/ blizzard /kotick /anyone is just pure cartoon villain. They do what they do because they're evil and hate us.

Lot of posters will post something of that belief and if you respond with anything that disagrees with that philosophy, you're a "bootlicker" or something of the sort. Real room temp IQ individuals that can't see the forest for the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Sounds reasonable. But THOSE guys in these boards jump at you with "if you aren't playing, why are you posting?", seasoned with some weird af comparisons to mourning widows or stalking ex's.
    Because it's normal to spend hours a day on a forum for a game that you no longer participate in?

"iT's JuSt CoSmEtIcS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I dunno man, when there's something I don't like do you know what I do? I just quit doing it.

There is a line tho, and if someone is being obtuse and paying for something and complaining every day then that applies

But it’s the “go to” argument by any and all WoW defenders, even when the criticism is fair and not at all on the daily crybaby side

There’s a time and place to tell someone “maybe you should take a break or quit” but the line is overused for everything.

“I wish we had flying to start”

“So quit until it’s out”

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Because it's normal to spend hours a day on a forum for a game that you no longer participate in?
    Define "normal".
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Define "normal".
    Last time I talked about it I got infracted lol. I think there's about 3 or so individuals on this forum who are here everyday, hours at a time, complaining about the game but haven't played in a few months. I think its really sad and honestly some sort of addiction that they think this is the best use of their time. I hope they find a more fulfilling passion.

3+ Year Old Account
    Offhandedly,

"Paying to skip content (e.g. character boosts) or for in-game currency (WoW tokens) isn't P2W."

"*insert non-top tier spec here* is nonviable in high tier content" - Note that there are occasional outliers for this one, but they're not super common. Also note that bleeding edge and high tier aren't the same thing.

50% of this thread is people stating their least favorite argument.

The other 50% is people calling them idiots.

Expected nothing less.

3+ Year Old Account
    Thinking that you have the right to tell someone off because they're from a RP realm, and they joined your group. Not everyone on MoonGuard is weird, come on now
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

That there is some hidden massive majority of the player base that somehow exists and enjoys being terrible at the game except you can never ever prove they exist but they must be there and catered to.

Even when you show they can't possible exist via the armory they somehow must exist in some people's minds.

10+ Year Old Account
    "nothing in wow is worthy of being preserved"
    I find this opinion quite stupid, but it's the consensus in retail wow alas. people want to change the game. I'm very happy that they're not in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    "nothing in wow is worthy of being preserved"
    I find this opinion quite stupid, but it's the consensus in retail wow alas. people want to change the game. I'm very happy that they're not in charge.
    Curious where you hear that argument... Can't say I ever heard it before tbh O.o
    Error 404 - Signature not found