Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My 5 cents about aff lock...
    -Shadow Embrace - need to go in the dumpster and bump all dots dmg with 12% to compensate missing SE.
    -Dark Soul - need to be baseline for destro and aff.
    -Summon Darkglare/Infernal - cooldown need to be with 2min CD not 3.
    -Affliction mastery need to affect Drain Soul/Shadow Bolt/Drain Life?
    -bumping dot duration with 2 sec?
    -Baseline haunt and maybe our old GoSup talent.
    -Creeping Death baseline but with 10% instead of 15%.
    For destro dont know because didnt played last 2 expansion.
    Or maybe this is to much
    Last edited by Danifilthy; 2020-12-28 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danifilthy View Post
    -Shadow Embrace - need to go in the dumpster and bump all dots dmg with 12% to compensate missing SE.
    Or maybe this is to much
    Why dark soul baseline? Like ye it would be a buff, but why?

And whats the point of bumping dot duration if you also make creeping death baseline? Maybe just simply harder hitting dots?

I agree that mastery needs to affect filler though. My thoughts was simply the mop filler. A drain which makes dot tick harder. The drain is periodic so affected by mastery, and it boosts your dots so mastery affects that too.

If they insist on Shadowbolt, it could be "shadowbolt hits causes your dots to flare on the target, ticking for a portion of their damage". Basically a nuke that triggers dots.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Who tf designs this class"

Someone that knows more about game design than you do.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

i seriously doubt every class has its own specific designer these days considering they all feel like garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    Why dark soul baseline? Like ye it would be a buff, but why?

And whats the point of bumping dot duration if you also make creeping death baseline? Maybe just simply harder hitting dots?

I agree that mastery needs to affect filler though. My thoughts was simply the mop filler. A drain which makes dot tick harder. The drain is periodic so affected by mastery, and it boosts your dots so mastery affects that too.

If they insist on Shadowbolt, it could be "shadowbolt hits causes your dots to flare on the target, ticking for a portion of their damage". Basically a nuke that triggers dots.
    For easy multidoting and even with bumped dmg with this ramp up time dots still be garbage.

Or maybe this is to much
    Old Soul Harvest baseline with misery/ instability as upgrades via talents.

SE replaced with contagion.

Demonic synergy should be the talent in place of sac.

And screw the current iteration of demo. But it'll never be fun again so /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    i seriously doubt every class has its own specific designer these days considering they all feel like garbage
    They don't. It's a "teameffort" now, meaning every designer knows enough to make decisions but not enough to make great decisions.

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe this is to much
    Just give me soul swap back, including the funcionality to apply all DoTs at the expense of a soulshard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

Yeah, of course, riiight, the more you are good at something you get to go get better jobs, right..?
    Or maaaybe excel spreadsheets and clueless managers are making the decisions?

7+ Year Old Account
    Man remember when
    They nerfed demonology to the ground.
    Then told us "we don't want you playing demonology"
    Then they removed it's signature ability and playstyle to give it to another.
    So it's obvious they nerfed it to the ground to get as many players out of the spec, so less hate would come when they removed it's signature ability.
    Then just to fucking rub it in our face, they added a whole questline in the second major patch about us recruiting a warlock who can still metamorphosis. Nevermind the fact we just have a generic follower who cAn do that normally.
    Which is funny as shit cause if it was at the start of the expansion ok sure maybe they made the quest when they didn't know meta would be gone from warlock. But broken shore? By then they had to fucking know.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always been destruct but recently gone back to pvp BG's with the weekly quests
    is affliction a better spec for PVP? Soul fire has been giving some good damage back anywhere between 14-21k crits
    but its the time certain spells take to cast i found an issue in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Demo and Destro suck. And Affli is so horrible to play now.

I said this exp would be the Doom of the Warlock. I was right.
    It's really sad though. I mained warlock (mostly Demonology) from 2006 to Legion (removal of Meta). Not seeing any warlocks in Oribos etc is really sad. I do blame M+ meta as well though as it pushes people to only play in the most optimal way. So as long as warlocks aren't top dogs or average but with solid fluid gameplay / utility (not the case atm), i can't see it changing anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Then just to fucking rub it in our face, they added a whole questline in the second major patch about us recruiting a warlock who can still metamorphosis. Nevermind the fact we just have a generic follower who cAn do that normally.
    Which is funny as shit cause if it was at the start of the expansion ok sure maybe they made the quest when they didn't know meta would be gone from warlock. But broken shore? By then they had to fucking know.
    Oh no, the biggest FU DEMOS in all of this miserable questline was that the follower we then gained was actually classified as an AFFLICTION warlock.
    Yeah, this still pisses me off, not as much as loosing meta though...

In pvp warlocks are probably as strong as never before.
    Affli has like 7 dots. Can make them undispellable on 3 targets. Has a passive slow that is super annoying for anyone fighting them.
    And destro? Destro just spams cc and kills you in two globals.
    I think it's fair that wls sometimes get killed in 2 sec by rogues.
    Not that any class survives rogue burst.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    You can't make this stuff up....

I am slowly leveling multiple ranged specs as this exp is going to be with us for a long time.

The facts: destro and affli can do good damage in M+. I couldn't bite good mages/hunters/balance, but... NO THERE IS NO BUT.
    As a pure dps class Warlocks have 3 specs, and NONE of them are good in M+.

The damage CAN be there if you can coordinate with your tank, but the meta will destroy you easily on meters.
    Utility? I always joke about summstones, but there were many times when someone forgets a talent or equipped another lego. We can summ them inside, WHOA.
    Where are our trees/elementals? Knockback? Oh wait we have aoe stun! yeah with a nice cast time. Brez! CAST TIME WHAT THE HELL?
    No group damage utility (like 5% int, 5% magic/phys damage, anything), no "shenanigans" like grip or life grip.

I believe they gave Demonic Gateway a huuge score, and this "utility" just fucks us on the long run.

TLDR;
    the other 3 pure dps classes have a meta M+ spec
    all other classes can at least respec to tank/heal

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Affli has like 7 dots. Can make them undispellable on 3 targets. Has a passive slow that is super annoying for anyone fighting them.
    And destro? Destro just spams cc and kills you in two globals.
    I think it's fair that wls sometimes get killed in 2 sec by rogues.
    Not that any class survives rogue burst.
    i play warlock since vanilla and for me the current iteration is the worst in terms of playability, design, concept.

A class that only has to try to continually run from its enemy to avoid dying in two seconds (and in the end it often dies), which is just the opposite of the main design of the class.

The warlock is meant, I think affliction, to be a "tanky caster" specialized in drains and powerful dots and who maintains himself by devouring the life essence of his enemies and draintank them.

I would like to understand how to say that actually the warlock is "strong in pvp" when we have had the destruction of MOP or the affliction of Legion for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

Sure they are more prepared than anyone in here, but I would like to understand then if they troll us when for example they do "unpruning" to destro and demo corruption with two seconds of cast that has no synergy with other spells, nor regenerates resources , nor does it harm. This is to give an example.
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2021-03-28 at 06:50 PM.

more than likely a blizzard employee

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    You can't make this stuff up....
    I am very, very amazed by some comments. The warlock is currently in its worst form since the game has existed. By far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SynDethroc View Post
    I don't know what you're on my dude, but Affliction Warlock is genuinely one of the most fun classes in the game.
    in what context?

for example, I had to switch demo out of desperation because affliction in the arena caused me ulcers and there were not few times that I cursed the sky.

Fun is certainly subjective, but "this" affliction is not... affliction. Forced to ally with the forest's fairies to become a bluish fox and try to escape the fury of melees.
    Next step will be the return of Metamorphosis. In Hello Kitty. And shadowbolts become rainbows to trow at your enemies.

perhaps many have forgotten what the warlock is.

I came to the conclusion that I'd rather lose an arena as demo than win one after 15 minutes of affliction by running away like a rat
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2021-03-28 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    I am very, very amazed by some comments. The warlock is currently in its worst form since the game has existed. By far.

- - - Updated - - -

in what context?

for example, I had to switch demo out of desperation because affliction in the arena caused me ulcers and there were not few times that I cursed the sky.

Fun is certainly subjective, but "this" affliction is not... affliction. Forced to ally with the forest's fairies to become a bluish fox and try to escape the fury of melees.
    Next step will be the return of Metamorphosis. In Hello Kitty. And shadowbolts become rainbows to trow at your enemies.

perhaps many have forgotten what the warlock is.

I came to the conclusion that I'd rather lose an arena as demo than win one after 15 minutes of affliction by running away like a rat
    We're all very proud of your edgelord status.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    We're all very proud of your edgelord status.

wouldn't it be easier to argue in a normal way than to answer like that?

I pay since vanilla blizzard and I would like not to have in my hands a class, which I love, reduced in this state. Am I asking too much? Can we discuss the contents?