View Poll Results: When did you level the most alts and how many?

Voters
331. This poll is closed
  • Vanilla (3 or less)

1 0.30%
  • Vanilla (4 or more)

2 0.60%
  • TBC (3 or less)

1 0.30%
  • TBC (4 or more)

4 1.21%
  • Wrath (3 or less)

4 1.21%
  • Wrath (4 or more)

32 9.67%
  • Cata (3 or less)

4 1.21%
  • Cata (4 or more)

17 5.14%
  • MoP (3 or less)

3 0.91%
  • MoP (4 or more)

27 8.16%
  • WoD (3 or less)

2 0.60%
  • WoD (4 or more)

64 19.34%
  • Legion (3 or less)

8 2.42%
  • Legion (4 or more)

119 35.95%
  • BfA (3 or less)

1 0.30%
  • BfA (4 or more)

26 7.85%
  • Shadowlands (3 or less)

5 1.51%
  • Shadowlands (4 or more)

11 3.32%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Shadowlands easy #1. First content and I already got more alts leveled than in any other expansion. Mainly because there is not much to grind for and because leveling is fast af and I like having the path of fate option. Also I made TONS of gold this way having the proper toons for 2x4 farms, boe farms etc. ^^

MoP. Played every class and nearly every spec and all of them were fun.
    I also played every spec in Legion just to do the mage tower.

Cata and Wrath were alright, too.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    Shadowlands easy #1. First content and I already got more alts leveled than in any other expansion. Mainly because there is not much to grind for and because leveling is fast af and I like having the path of fate option. Also I made TONS of gold this way having the proper toons for 2x4 farms, boe farms etc. ^^
    First commenter to favor SL. Honestly surprised with the leveling revamp and all. Didn't expect it to be in the top 3, but definitely not this far down. Welcome aboard, glad to have you here.

vanilla-wrath.
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

MoP, except mage and shaman i had 1 of each class at max level.
    Only 2 had legendary cloak (DK and Paladin).
    Don't argue with an idiot.
    He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Hmmm I created a DK during wrath to solo farm ZG for mounts along my rogue main. I ended playing quite a bit with it even off tanking some naxx pugs. THen during Cata I created a goblin hunter because I wanted to see the new world and quest and was really enjoyable. I used it for professions mostly.

Those where all my alts until Legion where I created a DH because everybody has to have a DH alt and needed another leather class to farm transmogs but then I realized that I should be using a warrior to farm weapon transmogs since those can equip any weapon so I created a Garrosh like maghar warrior to try and get those Garrosh shoulders frorm SoO.

At some point by the end of BfA when I leveled a Lock and a mage because I wanted to give another try to caster classes but they are just not for me. but between how slow and boring they feel and all the grindy stuff in each expansion I just cant bother to equip and or play alts other than small sessions of old content

Legion cause of the damn class mounts, so leveled all to max level...And did the same in BFA mainly due to buying freehold lvling boosts...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Legion. Wanted those sweet artifacts.
    tell me about it, i subbed 6 months in WoD when i saw druid artifact, and i don't even play druid
    well in legion i played every class (only exp i ever did that) to see every class hall, legion i played the 2nd or 3rd most in my wow life after wrath/tbc, but still i don't even know why i subbed 6months of wod -.-, i think i didn't even log last 1.5 month
    but legion, those artifacts were so sweet, i wanted to play every single spec of every single class, that's how much amazing they were

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    Hmmm I created a DK during wrath to solo farm ZG for mounts along my rogue main. I ended playing quite a bit with it even off tanking some naxx pugs. THen during Cata I created a goblin hunter because I wanted to see the new world and quest and was really enjoyable. I used it for professions mostly.

Those where all my alts until Legion where I created a DH because everybody has to have a DH alt and needed another leather class to farm transmogs but then I realized that I should be using a warrior to farm weapon transmogs since those can equip any weapon so I created a Garrosh like maghar warrior to try and get those Garrosh shoulders frorm SoO.

At some point by the end of BfA when I leveled a Lock and a mage because I wanted to give another try to caster classes but they are just not for me. but between how slow and boring they feel and all the grindy stuff in each expansion I just cant bother to equip and or play alts other than small sessions of old content
    the question isn't which exp u had most alts, but which exp encouraged u to play alts the most
    for me it is easily legion, also in my case too legion is most exp i played with alts alongside my main (i had over 5 classes raid geared at least, only 2 were crap geared and rest were raid-ready geared)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    again seems ppl mixing which exp u have most alts
    the question is which made u want to have alts the most, most ppl if they had max alts from wrath will still lvl them
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Shadowlands pre-patch I leveled every class to 50 prior to shadowlands launch and I play 4 characters in shadowlands (1 for each covenant) so for me Shadowlands is the most alts I am actively playing and end of BFA/start of shadowlands is the most alts I've levelled. I played 2/3 characters in all other expansions.

7+ Year Old Account
    WoD because the garrison was such a FUCKING HUGE money maker.

Legion for mission table gold farming.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD because of garrison freebies.

Legion made me level them all because of artifact weapons.

now i don't even want to touch anything but my hunter.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

BfA due to all the new Allied Races.

Legion because you could literally print gold with an army of alts in greater quantity than any other expansion. Motivated me to level an alt of every class to max level for the order hall gold missions. Made an easy 50k a day for spending 30 secs per alt on them twice a day. Got a ton of WoW tokens and Bnet balance that I'm still using to pay for my sub and expansions today... since I didn't fall for Blizzard's gold sink mount.

Also, they made leveling easier in Legion if you weren't in any rush. You could just wait until a zone was invaded and do all the WQs then hop to your other alt and repeat. Each invasion was like an entire level or two for very minimal work. Made getting my gold alts that much easier.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2021-03-28 at 10:29 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Hello every everyone. Between all the doom and gloom I figured we should do something constructive. Admittedly it is still related to the delay somewhat, but only indirectly.

I'm talking about alts. Alts are important when it comes to the longevity of content. The more characters you level to the cap, the longer you are occupied. Simple. And one way or another each expansion encouraged you to have more than one characters. Multiple classes, races, leveling paths, order hall campaigns, war campaigns, covenants...etc. And catch up mechanics if there were any.

So what I want to know is which expansion (vanilla included) encouraged you the most to level a fresh alt to the cap, and how many alts did you level?

I voted WotLk, since it was the first time I tanked with anything that wasn't a paladin I also had my mage, priest, pally and DK geared enough so that I could hop on any of them without fearing of missing out something. So WotLK comes first, without a doubt, but Legion was a close second after 7.2 (iirc), when they made AP practically a non-issue. Legion was weird in that regard, because the first half was decidedly anti-alt, moreso than anything that came before, and that includes freaking Vanilla imo. But the second half was great when it came to alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

BFA. With all the new Allied Races and Heritage Armors I leveled the most alts to max level. Also encouraged me to go back and get all the Legion Class mounts.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    the question isn't which exp u had most alts, but which exp encouraged u to play alts the most
    It's awkwardly worded I know, but you know, once you've made alts, you have them so in theory your number of alts increased all the time and caps at Shadowlands. What I'm trying to research is how much fresh characters people rolled in each expansion and took them to max level. After comes the hard part: finding some kind of data on how long leveling from 1 to the cap took. With that I can rank expansions based on how long leveling content lasted approximately.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Legion had me so interested in the weapons and the lore attached, that I made sure to have 1 of every class and I played every spec for the first time in 16 years. Because of that, I still have 1 of every class and I try each spec during an expansion. Legion really made me curious about specs and classes that I never played. Now in SL, I have 2 of every class maxxed with them split on 2 servers. The Artifact weapon was the best thing they did for my gameplay in the history of the game.

I'm sure vanilla and tbc are where i made at least half of them.
    I know legion incentivized me to make one of every class and BfA incentivized me to race change and level new ones for the transmog and allied races. Also made another obe on the opposite faction.

The Mage Tower in Legion made me care more about my alts than any other expansion ever has, or probably ever will.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.