Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

dual spec would make TBC so much better

i dunno if this has been talked about, dual spec was introduced in wotlk, it allows ppl to switch between 2 specs(or more correctly between 2 different talent builds) without spending gold, without traveling to their class trainer, it is a huge QOL change but it doesnt have any impact on performance it doesnt change the game in a radical way it just makes life so much better for everyone, ppl who want to pvp and pve, healers and tanks that wanna have a dps spec for farming/questing/dungeons, etc.

the game becomes so much better and fun, i am a no change person but dual spec is just so good, it would increase player participation, there will be ppl who will not have gold to respec to go into pvp even if they want to, imagine a prot warrior he wants to pvp as arms aswell but he doesnt have the gold to respec everytime he wants to pvp so he just gives up, thats a loss for the community ,for the game, and there wil be a ton of ppl in this situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    You will just have to wait until WotLK Classic for that one my friend.
    -K

A lot of things would make TBC ”So much better”

But most people want #Nochanges or #Somechanges (Like paladin seals) but nothing too crazy

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

I think Dual Spec is one of the things that i'd love to see in TBC (as paladin main)... but it is better for the game if it won't be here.

Just fyi. Everyone believes [inster change] to the game is making it so much better.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I think Dual Spec is one of the things that i'd love to see in TBC (as paladin main)... but it is better for the game if it won't be here.
    Do tell, how is it better for game. I vividly remember spending every raid break after Felmyst huffing to shaman class trainer to respec resto and then fixing my action bars for that role (and then back to enha after we killed twins or raid was over). 11/10 gaming experience. Would do again.

Cant change things that would make the game better for the 99% of players.

You'll upset the 3 loud people who screech #NoChanges.

Yes they should add it but only from NPC inside city or rested zone aka not in the middle of the raid. This way it would help people have more Tanks/Healers for groups not to mention more people involved in PVP.

Leveling/farming and gearing a holy priest would be a nightmare... I would not be amazed to see all Tanks reserving primal nethers/scryer tomes or fel armaments or straight up charging gold for their services.

But waaaah it wasn't in TBC, "You will just have to wait until WotLK Classic for that one my friend." Waaaahhh #nochanges. Just think about why they added that change in the first place? Got it? Good.

I think dualspec is too intrusive of a change.

The seals won't change much.

The boost won't change aynthing.

Dual Spec will change a good deal. From gearing (as you need more than one set), to being expected to know at least 2 specs (which fpr most won't be a problem but for some it will be).
    Would feel good, but i think the change would change BC too much. What was the word again.... meaningful choice^^

No, not a dual spec as liberal as the Wotlk one.

First off, the number of tankpallies will skyrocket, while a lot of people might cheer at that, when suddenly everybody and their mother wants to AoE down heroics and won't invite other specs / classes that can't properly AoE, i'm not so sure if people still want that.
    After all, Prot pally is a massive enabler of that strat.

Second, it will turn Prot Pally into the a pure trashpack spec, hardly any raid would ever use a "main" prot pally, just have a Holy / Ret grab some Prot gear, spec Prot for trash / some Bosses with adds and then swap back to their mainspec for bosses, barely any prot pally would ever tank a boss.

Thirdly, it's going to make raids even easier.
    In Classic, you built your raid so that you can kill any boss, if a boss requires lots of healers, you need to invite lots of healers, regardless whether Boss X or Y requires less.
    With dual spec, you can just swap around, Boss not very heal intensive? Let's just swap some healers to dps and zerg it.
    Healers are slacking on a boss? Have one more guy going heal, no issue!

Disregarding that some classes will then just easily swap between specs on a boss to boss basis, Warlocks will surely consider to go Affliction on some council bosses such as Illidari council, mages will just have an Arcane offspec in case they get SP support, etc..

It will also put a lot of pressure onto hybrids to have an offspec suited for the raiding enviroment at the ready, Enhance / Elemental will be inclined to have the other one as their 2nd specs (including proper gear) in case the other doesn't show up for raid, Pallies will be heavily inclined to have Prot as their to go 2nd spec, and so forth.

With that in mind, you wouldn't even solve the issue you intent to solve, to make it easier for people to swap specs for Arena.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-29 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I think dualspec is too intrusive of a change.

The seals won't change much.

The boost won't change aynthing.

Dual Spec will change a good deal. From gearing (as you need more than one set), to being expected to know at least 2 specs (which fpr most won't be a problem but for some it will be).
    Would feel good, but i think the change would change BC too much. What was the word again.... meaningful choice^^
    Sounds just like the shite that Ion spews out in his interviews.

Some QOL changes would be just fine, but meh I'm waiting for Wrath Classic, TBC was ok but honestly it was just polished Vanilla and I had enough of Vanilla back in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    A lot of things would make TBC ”So much better”

But most people want #Nochanges or #Somechanges (Like paladin seals) but nothing too crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Just fyi. Everyone believes [inster change] to the game is making it so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Do tell, how is it better for game. I vividly remember spending every raid break after Felmyst huffing to shaman class trainer to respec resto and then fixing my action bars for that role (and then back to enha after we killed twins or raid was over). 11/10 gaming experience. Would do again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Cant change things that would make the game better for the 99% of players.

You'll upset the 3 loud people who screech #NoChanges.
    Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Yes they should add it but only from NPC inside city or rested zone aka not in the middle of the raid. This way it would help people have more Tanks/Healers for groups not to mention more people involved in PVP.

Leveling/farming and gearing a holy priest would be a nightmare... I would not be amazed to see all Tanks reserving primal nethers/scryer tomes or fel armaments or straight up charging gold for their services.

But waaaah it wasn't in TBC, "You will just have to wait until WotLK Classic for that one my friend." Waaaahhh #nochanges. Just think about why they added that change in the first place? Got it? Good.
    Exactly, we're gonna have more tanks/healers, more ppl doing pvp.

Adding an npc in shattrath that acts like a spec changer is a great idea, maybe add a 1 hr cd aswell to it to not make it abuseable idk, but dual spec would definately make the game more fun, pretty sure 99% of the ppl who played original TBC agree.

Also dual spec is not a game changer like LFR/LFG, transmog, personal loot and all the bad stuff that changed retail, and they will probably add layers again which is a million times worse than dual spec.

yeah even though dual spec is nice, you would overall need less bench, but it would indeed alter the meta, because ofc then like mentioned ppl will want their offset gear which just creates strain on the gearing up (oh well i need that for my offspec) in a lot of cases you're going to end up creating scenarios where you don't get loot that you otherwise would have. imagine doing karazhan where everyone needs 2 t4 sets. it probably didn't matter so much in, at least the first half of wrath because you could get saved to 10 and 25, so you could main spec 25 mans and maybe off spec 10 mans. you probably aren't going to get enough t4 for everyone to have 2 specs. its just not going to make the pve progression any better simply because you just don't need multiple specs and you don't really need to grind 50 t4 sets to progress in t5. in pve your offspec is always going to be 1 tier behind your mainspec.

I get the point from a pvp perspective, having an arena build, and just having dual spec purely for that purpose, except it won't just affect pvp.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-03-29 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    With dual spec, you can just swap around, Boss not very heal intensive? Let's just swap some healers to dps and zerg it.
    Healers are slacking on a boss? Have one more guy going heal, no issue!
    It will also put a lot of pressure onto hybrids to have an offspec suited for the raiding enviroment at the ready, Enhance / Elemental will be inclined to have the other one as their 2nd specs (including proper gear) in case the other doesn't show up for raid, Pallies will be heavily inclined to have Prot as their to go 2nd spec, and so forth.
    This already was the case in (late) TBC. We actually went back to T6 raids after SWP released just so that every shaman would have resto T6 for Eredar Twins (it had mana back on chain heal set bonus, which meant lower ranks of chain heal were free). Sure, it wasn't as widespread as it is now, but it did happen.

I wouldn't even mind paying for each respec, with a similar UI than in WOTLK.

It is just annoying to go to the trainer, put your points in, relearn some spells, and put them on your bars. Especially, since there is much more PvE content.
    In Classic, you just didnt do dungeons for a few weeks if you were pvping and raids could be done every 13 days (Tue and Wed raid and be done for both ids). That wont be the case in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Sure, it wasn't as widespread as it is now, but it did happen.
    The issue is that you'd turn something that's "not widespread" into the Meta option from day one and frankly, not everybody will bother to respec for some T4 / T5 / T6 fights, but will absolutely do it when dual spec exists, because it's so easy then.

And the situation you describe is also a bit different, because people already know how strong Resto is in TBC, not exactly something one will "discover" in SWP.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    yeah even though dual spec is nice, you would overall need less bench, but it would indeed alter the meta, because ofc then like mentioned ppl will want their offset gear which just creates strain on the gearing up (oh well i need that for my offspec) in a lot of cases you're going to end up creating scenarios where you don't get loot that you otherwise would have. imagine doing karazhan where everyone needs 2 t4 sets. it probably didn't matter so much in, at least the first half of wrath because you could get saved to 10 and 25, so you could main spec 25 mans and maybe off spec 10 mans. you probably aren't going to get enough t4 for everyone to have 2 specs. its just not going to make the pve progression any better simply because you just don't need multiple specs and you don't really need to grind 50 t4 sets to progress in t5. in pve your offspec is always going to be 1 tier behind your mainspec.

I get the point from a pvp perspective, having an arena build, and just having dual spec purely for that purpose, except it won't just affect pvp.
    so we can't have nice things because ppl are greedy?

if you are a resto druid in raid you get only resto items, dont ask for agi for your feral spec.

but yea the community is just horrible at this point they will abuse everything, make the worst out of everything

the mentality of retail has taken over classic aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    Exactly, we're gonna have more tanks/healers, more ppl doing pvp.

Adding an npc in shattrath that acts like a spec changer is a great idea, maybe add a 1 hr cd aswell to it to not make it abuseable idk, but dual spec would definately make the game more fun, pretty sure 99% of the ppl who played original TBC agree.

Also dual spec is not a game changer like LFR/LFG, transmog, personal loot and all the bad stuff that changed retail, and they will probably add layers again which is a million times worse than dual spec.
    Dual spec is more of a gamechanger than transmog. Only one of them affects gameplay in someway, although small. And it's not transmog.
    Which highlights my point. Everyone believe their change is good for the game, but X change they don't want is bad... So you saying in your OP that you are a "no changes" person is just false, you want changes you approve of, while other changes you don't approve of shouldn't be in. Thing is, if you make exceptions for your cases, exceptions for other cases are also valid. By the time you accept your changes can make it into the game, you have to accept that other peoples changes might also make it into the game. Some changes you might not approve of.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I think its just the evolution of metas, they change over time and ppl find new ways of being competitive and finding advantages or even borderline exploits. its the nature of competitive games, dual spec although its a perfectly fine thing, can't be added to the game without it fundamentally changing things in some likely unknown way. its the kind of thing that would create problems that you can't even beta test for because they might not happen until a certain point in the progression. the beta isn't going to go on long enough to gauge the actual impact it would have.

the main consolation though it that it is extremely likely that they are already working on a wrath classic.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-03-29 at 10:01 AM.

Gold wipe didnt happen so there is hyper inflation and everyone got tens of thousands of golds and in TBC its quadrupled so 50g respec is meaningless, source: just look at threads where ppl wanted the gold wipe.