Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    can any1 tell me what ursine adept dose plz? im on my bear curemntly and i cant find that 1 anywhere
    It's a passive.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ursine_Adept

It's what allows you to use rebirth, moonfire, etc. in bear form.

Formerly known as Arafal

I wish they would add a catch up mechanic to soul ash like they did with valour. If you didn't cap your ash the week prior we should be able to run it again to gain ash we didn't get the week prior.

Is the Shattered Souls fix for Veng DH a buff?

Meanwhile, people are either going back to Classic to wait for BC or unsubbing because this expac is a bore

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I couldn't craft any extra legendaries prior to 9.0.5 due to not knowing which ones they will buff and how much. I didn't want to waste 50k-200k gold (for mail legendaries) + 5k Soul Ash for legendary that turns to be shit in 9.0.5 legendary tuning.
    You could've just craft lvl 1 of each.
    The stat difference between lvl1 and lvl4 does not make as much of a difference as the effects do.
    My Kyrian Ret gains more DPS from lvl1 FV compared to lvl4 MP.

Am I the only person who's not seeing these tank changes as being good for veng?

People were saying that DH took significantly higher physical damage, but the bug meant they took 15% less magical damage. They're getting their magic damage reduction fixed, and getting a 5% buff to all damage reduction. Meanwhile, all other tanks are getting a 10% damage reduction buff too. I'm glad they're fixing the bug, but I'm seeing a bit of an issue with how they've figured out that this is the fix.

I'm by no means an expert when it comes to WoW numbers these days (at least, nothing like I used to be), but doesn't this mean that Vengeance DH's will still be taking more physical damage because the other tanks are getting buffed? Does their 5% damage reduction change overcome the 'significantly higher' physical damage they were taking previously? Surely, to balance the numbers, Demonic Wards should instead reduce damage by 15%.

I'm open to being corrected on this, and whether the idea that they took significantly more damage was real or just rumour.

When will these be in effect? Over night or after next reset as in when I open my vault?

Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    Am I the only person who's not seeing these tank changes as being good for veng?
    what makes you think these hotfixes were meant to be good for veng?

its so-so for veng while everyone else gets buffed. which is obviously a pleasent way of nerfing DH instead of just hitting them with the bat.
    seeing how every top run is featuring a DH tank its the right move if you ask me. Altho that wont change much of the "running tank meta" that most people dislike.

People were saying that DH took significantly higher physical damage, but the bug meant they took 15% less magical damage. They're getting their magic damage reduction fixed, and getting a 5% buff to all damage reduction. Meanwhile, all other tanks are getting a 10% damage reduction buff too. I'm glad they're fixing the bug, but I'm seeing a bit of an issue with how they've figured out that this is the fix.

I'm by no means an expert when it comes to WoW numbers these days (at least, nothing like I used to be), but doesn't this mean that Vengeance DH's will still be taking more physical damage because the other tanks are getting buffed? Does their 5% damage reduction change overcome the 'significantly higher' physical damage they were taking previously? Surely, to balance the numbers, Demonic Wards should instead reduce damage by 15%.

I'm open to being corrected on this, and whether the idea that they took significantly more damage was real or just rumour.
    Um. So. We now consider a class nerfed because others are getting buffed? I mean sure. But DH will still be meta because it also provides buffs for meta dpses (mage, boomkin).

They were taking 15% less magic damage than everyone else and due to this bug they had their physical damage nerfed earlier, which meant they took more physical damage. Now they take the same magic reduction as everyone else and also 5% less overall damage. So its bug fixed and then giving them a 5% buff.
    And you can't compare yourself to others, you don't take more damage cuz another class takes less. Classes are not meant to be identical. You still have the best toolkit, be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Um. So. We now consider a class nerfed because others are getting buffed? I mean sure. But DH will still be meta because it also provides buffs for meta dpses (mage, boomkin).
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    And you can't compare yourself to others, you don't take more damage cuz another class takes less. Classes are not meant to be identical. You still have the best toolkit, be happy.
    I'm literally not even playing a VDH these days, and I haven't done Mythic's since BFA. I'm not asking about whether a class was considered OP or not, I'm asking whether the numbers now add up as they should.

If class A takes 100 damage, and class B takes 90 damage, both in the same situation, then there's no discrepancies to be made - class A is taking more damage, and class B is taking less.

Thanks to both of you for taking things completely out of context.
    Last edited by C20; 2021-03-27 at 07:15 PM.

I'm literally not even playing a VDH these days, and I haven't done Mythic's since BFA. I'm not asking about whether a class was considered OP or not, I'm asking whether the numbers now add up as they should.

Thanks to both of you for taking things completely out of context.
    Nothing will change... VDH will take 10% more magic damage than they did previously and they will take 5% less physical damage. Physical has been their problem, not magic, that's just icing on the cake... So even though its technically a nerf, its a net win for vengeance. And nothing regarding tank meta in either raiding or m+ will change.

Only way it would be bad for vengeance would be if they were the only tanks not getting a buff at all and only bug fix..
    Last edited by tomten; 2021-03-27 at 07:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebeast View Post
    Meanwhile, people are either going back to Classic to wait for BC or unsubbing because this expac is a bore
    Speak for yourself.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Speak for yourself.
    same I couldn't care less for classic vanilla or BC beta
    I'm waiting for 9.1 while trying to find others things to play until then but I'm bored fast
    mass effect legendary trilogy can't come soon enough ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I mean... I play a Druid and at 15s, I can face tank most of the dungeons with proper cooldown usage. There are only a few exceptions. Having a flat 10% DR buff is going to make my beastly druid feel even more beastly.

Woah a tank buff, how unexpected.

We need a catch-up mechanic for legendaries, not the soul ash cap removed...

Yep if you only play a single spec on a char it might not be so bad, but try playing a new hybrid char like a druid. It is a pain in the ass to get legendaries for 2 or more specs even if you just craft 190s.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarni View Post
    We need a catch-up mechanic for legendaries, not the soul ash cap removed...

Yep if you only play a single spec on a char it might not be so bad, but try playing a new hybrid char like a druid. It is a pain in the ass to get legendaries for 2 or more specs even if you just craft 190s.
    Weekly Torghast + Soulash from quests + Mission table and you can craft 2-3 legendaries in no time. After that you have to decide on what you spend your soul ash on, I agree.
    I would rather see just some additional quests for more Soul Ash or more from certain events.
    Last edited by Echorausch; 2021-03-29 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffmeister View Post
    When will these be in effect? Over night or after next reset as in when I open my vault?
    So what is the issue here ? VDH still can kite better and more than all others tanks combine. Avoiding damage > mitigating damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    So what is the issue here ? VDH still can kite better and more than all others tanks combine. Avoiding damage > mitigating damage.
    Interrupts will be more important. Spellcasters will now be hitting them harder and kiting won’t help much for that type of damage.