Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Anima was calculated to keep you playing for the whole of 9.0, maybe 9.1, and for the more casuals, the whole expansion.
    Say you only do your 1k anima a week, it will take you literally 14 years to collect everything in the Nightfae cov. Okay fine, you've got lots of free time, you do 2k anima a week! Great, that's still 7 years. Seven actual years.

Was 9.0-9.1 supposed to be a 7-14 year wait? Maybe 7-14 years until the next expac? I don't think so. Theres even no reason to believe the covenants, which are THE expac feature, are fully formed. Our Legion class halls had new still throughout the expac, the covs likely will too. What we have now is likely meant for a patch or two at most in lifespan, sadly the costs do not reflect that.
    You're also making it up that anima "was calculated" to keep you playing with those specific lengths of time in mind, that is not a matter of public record and has never been stated. Blizzard hasn't even said the prices are to make us "feel the anima drought". They have not given any official reason at all. Noting here that the costs of anima were greatly increased right before launch after the expac's launch date was pushed back.

It also exists as an investment of time and effort into a given Covenant, putting value in their choice and making each player less inclined to keep changing Covenants.
    This is almost the infamous "sense of pride and accomplishment" quote. Furthermore, it's just wrong. Blizz specifically said progress is saved on each covenant so you can complete one and move onto the next if you want to go the completionist route. This was stated before the anima cost increase.

It was all done to please the requests for more meaningful choices in the RPG, and it's working.
    Wait, are you still talking about anima costs? Cause again, no it wasn't. Meaningful choices in RPG were the covenant selections themselves and lack of ease to re-join a previous covenant, not the prohibitively expensive anima costs. I suppose it is a pretty meaningful choice to select which covenant reward you want to work for, seeing as going for all of them would take 14 years.

I think the fact of the matter is, Blizz didn't handle COVID very well and they simply didn't get enough done in time. The anima costs were a panic response to a potential content drought, and we will likely see greater anima yields in 9.1.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2021-03-28 at 03:45 PM.

The only thing that bothers me is the cap on redeemed souls. Currently at 91/100 and I feel the need to grind 5k anima before Wednesday before doing the quest.

The cap should be the maximum souls required, don’t know why it isn’t. I mean it’s my fault that I hit the cap I suppose, I just don’t know why it exists. Same with soul ash but thankfully they removed that.

There really isn’t an anima drought if ur actively farming it though, I have 1 friend that has completely maxed his covenant including most cosmetics already, though it is a brutal grind.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-03-28 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    It is a system designed to keep people enganged = subscribed for the whole expansion.
    i wouldn't use the word "engaged" with this system. i don't think i've spend anima on something in over a month even though i have enough to do so.

I strongly feel that if i were to engage with this system it would just be a lot of wasted effort for stuff that will no doubt become significantly easier to get in 9.1 or 9.2.

If i could get this stuff in 3 months orso i'd be willing to put in some effort, but since it'll take at least a patch duration even if you try, there's just no upside to doing it now. at least not without a more unique reward.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-03-28 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post

"Completely useless world quests" That you don't do because they are "completely useless" and then complain that you don't have anima for anything?

I think doing a 5 part world quest for 70 anima is kinda complaint worthy. Especially when you need thousands to get anything.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Where you in the bugged covenants that gave 1k anima daily quest for months before they fixed it? Cuz, not everyone had it that easy....
    No. I don't care about Anima.

Anima shortage doesn't have a point. Same as natural disaster doesn't have a point. It just happened. In this case one of the reasons was Denathrius.

So you can ask "what was Denathrius's point of hoarding all the anima".

15+ Year Old Account
    Point is to keep people playing for a long time. But most people get bored of it and give up.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    i wouldn't use the word "engaged" with this system. i don't think i've spend anima on something in over a month even though i have enough to do so.

I strongly feel that if i were to engage with this system it would just be a lot of wasted effort for stuff that will no doubt become significantly easier to get in 9.1 or 9.2.

If i could get this stuff in 3 months orso i'd be willing to put in some effort, but since it'll take at least a patch duration even if you try, there's just no upside to doing it now. at least not without a more unique reward.
    I agree that the ration between grind/reward is very off, but I have no idea if my point of view is shared in general by the player-base.
    On the other hand I haven't engaged in this mini-game at all, as raiding/M+ is what interests me in WoW. And that is very good in SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Same with soul ash but thankfully they removed that.
    Wait, there is no cap in Soul Ash? Are we supposed to keep farming it every week untill 9.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Wait, there is no cap in Soul Ash? Are we supposed to keep farming it every week untill 9.1?
    Yeah, I’d like to think they’ll reset soul ash with the patch though.

One thing I hate is that when you change covenants you need to re-grind. That is plain retarded. I mean fair enough. Mount grind/tmog grind, Sanctum upgrades are meant for longer time and horizontal casual player progression but the minute you transfer it's all 0 again and you can't even use what you grinded for in the past. Buildings has to transfer upgrades or you should be allowed to use tmogs/mounts from previous grind.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Antontein View Post
    Anima shortage doesn't have a point. Same as natural disaster doesn't have a point. It just happened. In this case one of the reasons was Denathrius.

So you can ask "what was Denathrius's point of hoarding all the anima".
    One of the reasons? No no, the sole reason was Denathrius. And we know exactly why he was hoarding the anima.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    One thing I hate is that when you change covenants you need to re-grind. That is plain retarded. I mean fair enough. Mount grind/tmog grind, Sanctum upgrades are meant for longer time and horizontal casual player progression but the minute you transfer it's all 0 again and you can't even use what you grinded for in the past. Buildings has to transfer upgrades or you should be allowed to use tmogs/mounts from previous grind.

Covenants should have been for aesthetic choices/story choices and maybe utility abilities. The rotation abilities should have never existed or gotten through Oribos. I can't believe how short-sighted Blizzard was on this. They never are going to be able to balance them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Yeah, I’d like to think they’ll reset soul ash with the patch though.
    They should tell us right now if it us reset in the patch. Else we need to keep grinding it untill the patch drops or they confirm we don't need to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I think doing a 5 part world quest for 70 anima is kinda complaint worthy. Especially when you need thousands to get anything.
    It's a good job that 5 part world quests for 70 anima do not exist then isn't it.
    Speciation Is Gradual

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    <snip>
    8-12 wq's a day is way out of reach for casuals, who by definition have relatively little time to play. And you expect them (or anyone, for that matter) do that every single day for who knows how long? That's insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    8-12 wq's a day is way out of reach for casuals, who by definition have relatively little time to play. And you expect them (or anyone, for that matter) do that every single day for who knows how long? That's insane.
    And, if you read my post again. I said that is the absolute maximum that anyone would likely have to do.
    Im currently doing today's Anima WQs that I deem worth doing (I.E. More than 35 Anima, unless it's a really simple one that isn't stupidly out of the way)

My count is 2 In Ardenweald, 1 In bastion (the two others only give 35 anima and are Kill X), 4 in Maldraxxus (Annoying and In 4 corners basically), and 1 in Revendreth.

I've already done Ardenweald (and Marasmius Daily), Bastion, and 3 in Maldraxxus. It's taken me 27 minutes and I have 830 anima (which is including the small bonus from War Mode. From the remaining Maldraxxus and Revendreth WQs Ill get 175 anima (not including the 15 or so warmode bonus).

So that's what, lets say 1005 Anima in a conservative 45 minutes for the 8 + 1 daily? 45 Minutes is less than one game of Dota 2.
    Speciation Is Gradual

The latest change of anima gain is an absolute joke.