The TBC wait

So what do you do, while waiting?

Cry in a corner due to no tbc beta?<--------Like me

Grind gold?

Raid and pvp even harder! :<)

Take a paus? :P

Leveling alts?

Ect. what are you up to^^

Raiding Naxx twice a week mostly to finish the second atiesh but also because lots of people seem interested in raiding Naxx so we are kind of a tourist guide raid these days
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post

Grind gold?

Leveling alts?

A mix of what you said.

Continuing to raid naxx in 1 day and another just some aq40/bwl and zg.

Farming up some gold, though after I hit the 6k mark I pretty much stopped.

Doing some bg's ... initially wanted to push rank 12 however at rank 10 and a half it feels lile too much .. at this point 8 need to grind arpund 150k honor weekly for about a month

Leveling another alt (mostly when I have bonus xp piled up)

As far as the beta is concerned ... well I played the original tbc so I don't care about it .. also there are private servers which are sort of like a beta ... bugged and pointless.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-03-29 at 02:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This. Also playing Geoguessr because that's fun :P

5+ Year Old Account
    Right now, I am playing SPP WoW (Single Player Project). It's been keeping me busy while waiting for TBC Classic.

Re-rolling Alliance for the first time in Retail/Classic (other than a brief max-level faction change).

Hoarding gold to start my Draenei Shaman off on the right foot.

trying to farm gold but most things lost value so it got pretty hard.. dont really need more money have 4 toons dont like more alts.. so yeah doing raids for the guild waiting for tbc

Levelling a Troll shadow priest for bg and arena fun in the future, and also levelling a gnome mage to help get some funds for the space goat enhance shaman for pve.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean there is realy no point in the beta...

Wanna test shit out? Sure I get that.. but, you will get bored fast. Not realy much to test that isnt already known.
    No one is going to grind stuff or do something serious, cus the content is known and there are alot of guides.

I never took the tbc beta serious, neither did I for classic.
    You must be realy bored if you do tho.. no offence.

There are more fun things to do for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I mean there is realy no point in the beta...

Wanna test shit out? Sure I get that.. but, you will get bored fast. Not realy much to test that isnt already known.
    No one is going to grind stuff or do something serious, cus the content is known and there are alot of guides.

I never took the tbc beta serious, neither did I for classic.
    You must be realy bored if you do tho.. no offence.

There are more fun things to do for sure.
    Some interesting things have come out of the beta already, e.g. we now know that Mages and Warlocks can solo UB/SP for ~150k xp/hour (likely more as they tighten the rotation). In at least the discords I check in on, they have Beta Testing Request channels where folks can ask testers to check on things, which is also really helpful.

While I don't know if I would personally spend a bunch of time in it, there is a point and I'm glad people do it.

I think the wait for pre-patch is too long. Pretty sure the vast majority of players would rather have the pre-patch earlier rather than later, especially for the improved leveling rates.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Some interesting things have come out of the beta already, e.g. we now know that Mages and Warlocks can solo UB/SP for ~150k xp/hour (likely more as they tighten the rotation). In at least the discords I check in on, they have Beta Testing Request channels where folks can ask testers to check on things, which is also really helpful.

While I don't know if I would personally spend a bunch of time in it, there is a point and I'm glad people do it.
    Fair enough. I am all for having a channel like that. if that helps people.
    But outside some shit and giggles you might have more fun just playing the game when it comes out and start the grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Fair enough. I am all for having a channel like that. if that helps people.
    But outside some shit and giggles you might have more fun just playing the game when it comes out and start the grind.
    Definitely - I didn't start playing until well into TBC so I'm excited for the "new" experience of it on launch.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely - I didn't start playing until well into TBC so I'm excited for the "new" experience of it on launch.
    Yea, I am not saying you should or shouldn't, but it sounds like the better experience to me

To pass the time is always a difficult one, I tend to follow or rewatch some shows, but most the time I end up in Durotar dueling. I tried classic to 60, but ended up finding the pce abit to..slow for me nowadays. I used to love it and I did again with classic for only small time. It's the usual, work alot and want to spend time playing and not waiting, so it helps for me to switch it up and play a different game or do something else entirely.

3+ Year Old Account

Grind gold?

Leveling alts?

End all relations with classic so im not at all burnt out when it comes out

That is not even that impressive .. a regular mob gives 500 xp .. you can match that if you can kill a mob every 12 seconds which can be pulled off in greens.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    That is not even that impressive .. a regular mob gives 500 xp .. you can match that if you can kill a mob every 12 seconds which can be pulled off in greens.
    It's on par/slightly ahead of just questing, but this is significantly higher than the likely xp/hour you're going to get at launch when HFP is absolutely packed. So if you're well geared and on a high-pop server and are outside your group's normal grinding time for dungeons, it's a good option imo.

Raiding Naxx, and grinding gold. Currently at 11k

It's on par/slightly ahead of just questing, but this is significantly higher than the likely xp/hour you're going to get at launch when HFP is absolutely packed. So if you're well geared and on a high-pop server and are outside your group's normal grinding time for dungeons, it's a good option imo.
    That is true, I'm also curious as to how much will a full group storming an instance will get. Might be better and more enjoyable than solo.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    That is true, I'm also curious as to how much will a full group storming an instance will get. Might be better and more enjoyable than solo.
    Staysafe had posted last night in the Warlock discord that groups he was chatting with were getting 250k+/hour, with the bonus reputation as well. For launch week, based on what I see in chatter, I'd guess that:

Highly efficient/organized dungeon group > skipping HFP and going straight to Zangar for questing > soloing dungeons >>> joining the crowds in HFP and hoping you can keep up.

I thought I saw someone say that experience was off somewhere, so who knows how this'll change in the coming weeks.

Edit: One other caveat, the AOE cap isn't in beta yet.