Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Based on what logic would the first patch be out now? Previous patch cycles which have been inconsistent from expansion to expansion? Also did previous expansions have to deal with an actual global pandemic? Or screw the pandemic part, did any previous patch cycles require a majority of the dev team to WFH?
    And how long of a delay, pray tell, is acceptable for you? We are already over two months from the first content patch release for MoP and Legion. Hell we are 3 months from 6.2 and WoD was notorious for having little to do. I'm happy to give them a two and a half month delay as it happened with FFXIV as well, but we don't even have an ETA for the PTR beside Blizzard Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Wrath went live with 3 raids. The last four expansions went live with one raid, that alone makes that statement false.
    Did they? You sure they weren't staggered till months into the expansion? Were they open at release?

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    i'm sure people who are concerned about content would rather have break from the game instead of getting half baked content.
    nah, they need to have something to whine about ( not you btw) on the forums. And make threats like :WoW's LONGEST content drought incoming.

And all off this is on assumptions and guess work by people like bellular....who has been proven to make bad guesses in the past. And admitting to it...no one would have guessed being 1 of his lines.

Bellular is not as great as everyone makes him out to be. His video's can be a bit of hit pieces, out of context stuff. Think someone like soulsobreeze is WAY supperior or hazel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    And how long of a delay, pray tell, is acceptable for you?
    Generally speaking, as long as necessary to produce good content. But if you want specific timeline, on or before Dec 31. 2021 for 9.1 besides for me personally, there are plenty of things in-game that I'm working on to complete before 9.1
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

5+ Year Old Account
    Generally speaking, as long as necessary to produce good content. But if you want specific timeline, on or before Dec 31. 2021 for 9.1 besides for me personally, there are plenty of things in-game that I'm working on to complete before 9.1
    That's an honest and specific answer. Much appreciated. In that case count yourself lucky. I think it is way beyond the realm of possibility for 9.1 not coming out this year. Granted a late fall release would threaten not only 9.3 but 9.2 as well. I would say late August or early September would be the worst case scenario.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I don't see infinite artifact power grinds, titanforging to entice running old content praying for a lotto win, spammable island expeditions for consumables consuming hundreds of hours, azerite gear, essences, or visions to run. That seems like a lot of systems cut.
    Instead, we have renown, legendaries, soulbinds, conduits and covenant campaign. It does look like a lot of systems to me.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-03-29 at 04:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

And that's your opinion. If you don't feel that WoW is giving you good value for your money, then take it elsewhere...
    No. I love this game and have been a part of the community since day one. I deserve better. We all deserve better. WoW is the community. Your sad and tired argument of "derp if you don't like it leave derp derp" is just stupid and completely unhelpful but please, continue patting Blizzard on the back for putting in as little effort as possible. You are the reason they can do this and get away with it so congratulations on letting us all down.

- - - Updated - - -

Except I'm not?

Three people in a 25+ page thread =/= everyone. Someone is bad at math, apparently.

Except that was never my argument. I never claimed what is or isn't content. I just said you are not who decides what is or isn't content, and that there are people who think extra difficulties are content.

Yeah. A lesson you guys don't seem to want to learn.

- - - Updated - - -

Please keep the projection to a minimum.

And here we go again, once more, for the one who ignores facts:

But I am right, though. Because what I said are facts:
    • You not being the arbiter of what's content and what is not is a fact.
    • People considering extra difficulties content is a fact.

The reality everyone is part of.
    I honestly believe you may have a pathological need to be right even when presented with indisputable facts and logic. I feel for you friend. Take care of yourself and consider seeking help!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Like, say, a huge forest fire in California?

Dire is rather hyperbolic. The situation may not be perfect, but it's far from terrible or even really all that bad.
    That depends on point of view. I say it's dire cause i believe it will result in content planned being cut and the xpac ended earlier in favor of the next one. Basically what happened with WoD. So, i guess it's up to you what you consider dire. I consider that dire.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    I honestly believe you may have a pathological need to be right even when presented with indisputable facts and logic.
    Feelings are not fact, and they're most definitely not logic. You bunch are trying to be arbiters of what's content and what is not. That is a fact. You all are trying to define what is or is not content based on what you feel should be content, based on your own arbitrary rules. There are people who consider different difficulty levels as content. That is a fact.

I feel for you friend. Take care of yourself and consider seeking help!
    Stop the projection, it reflects poorly on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The comparison with 7.1 really doesn't work for Shadowlands because 7.1 came 2 months after Legion's launch. You have to compare it to 7.1.5 which came 4.5 months after Legion's launch and brought Nighthold into the game, a very well received 10-boss raid. To be precise: 9.1 must be released next week to match the timeline of 7.1.5.
    Ok comparing it to 7.1.5 means you still have another questing zone and more reps

Also keep in Ming people complained about 7.1 releasing too soon which I agree with because raid testing during progress happened

- - - Updated - - -

And most of us would be pretty understanding if at BlizzCon they took just five goddamn minutes from the constant nostalgia trips and prattle about community and told us that "Hey, due to Covid, wildfires and hurricanes we are massively behind schedule so expect 9.1 to come half a year later than usual. Don't worry we will still have 3 raid patches this expansion" Or something like that. But they didn't and now only have guesses, half truths and youtube conspiracy theories to tell us what people have subbed for.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, WoD had very little to do outside of Garrisons. Same with SL and Torghast. Not everything is easy to quantify, but I made a list in this very thread a few pages back and not only are these two one of the least packed launches, Shadowlands has less content than WoD (if we count all the usual stuff like zones, races, classes, professions, dungeons, raids, arenas, battlegrounds).
    WoD had much less replayability

Also it isn’t their fault people see a pandemic and wild fires and still expect a new patch in 2 months when base content wasn’t fully unlocked for 3

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Also it isn’t their fault people see a pandemic and wild fires and still expect a new patch in 2 months when base content wasn’t fully unlocked for 3
    Yes, it is. People have no ideas what development timetables look like. It's a company's responsibility to communicate that to people in order to let them know what is happening. If an organization does not take the time to address such things, people will fill in the blanks on their own. The manner in which they do so will rarely be charitable to the company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You don’t have to. He still gets hundreds of thousands of views for his videos, so he is relevant as a WoW YouTuber, just not for you. I don’t like him either, but he has a huge audience and what he said about 9.1 and Blizzard is pretty much true.
    Relevant to who though? If Blizzard summarizes his videos (which I'm fairly sure that given who he is someone does) and there's false information in it, over time he won't be providing relevant content as far as they're concerned. I suspect they do pay some attention to the major YouTube influencers. Just like they pay attention to the people they consider the best players of the game and provide them a back channel. I'm very uncertain that this makes the game any better for anyone else.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Instead, we have renown, legendaries, soulbinds, conduits and covenant campaign. It does look like a lot of systems to me.
    2 weekly quests and a short campaign quest a week for 8 weeks, then 2 weekly quests a week thereafter. Two half hour runs of a scenario per week and buying stuff off the AH. Three customizable talent trees. What huge, burdensome systems. Those are totally equivalent to infinite power grinds, needing AotC level achievements to get the best essence on every character, and needing to run numerous dailies to even be able to run the visions in the first place.

Why don't you just confess you're just LOOKING for things to complain about?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

5+ Year Old Account

WoD had much less replayability
    Funny you mention that. I'm polling people about when they made the most alts, and WoD is in second place after Legion while SL is pretty far behind.

Ok comparing it to 7.1.5 means you still have another questing zone and more reps

Also keep in Ming people complained about 7.1 releasing too soon which I agree with because raid testing during progress happened
    That’s why I keep saying that 9.1 is a patch similar to 7.2, 8.2 etc. Either they completely scrapped the smaller .1 patch in favor of 9.1 being bigger or they just swapped places of 9.1 and 9.2 and 9.2 is the smaller patch akin to 7.1 and 8.1.

And I remember that, but Blizzard said about 8.1 that they had the feeling it came too late with ~5 months after launch. So what’s the middle ground? Definitely not what’s happening with 9.1 though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Relevant to who though? If Blizzard summarizes his videos (which I'm fairly sure that given who he is someone does) and there's false information in it, over time he won't be providing relevant content as far as they're concerned. I suspect they do pay some attention to the major YouTube influencers. Just like they pay attention to the people they consider the best players of the game and provide them a back channel. I'm very uncertain that this makes the game any better for anyone else.
    Relevant to former or recent WoW players. I don’t know any WoW YouTuber that generates more views per video than Bellular. So he has his huge audience and is one of the most successful WoW personalities on YouTube / streaming, if not the most successful one. I just checked subs and only Asmongold comes close, but his videos don’t garner as much attention. So even if you and I dislike him, he’s very relevant due to his audience size.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    2 weekly quests and a short campaign quest a week for 8 weeks, then 2 weekly quests a week thereafter. Two half hour runs of a scenario per week and buying stuff off the AH. Three customizable talent trees. What huge, burdensome systems. Those are totally equivalent to infinite power grinds, needing AotC level achievements to get the best essence on every character, and needing to run numerous dailies to even be able to run the visions in the first place.

Why don't you just confess you're just LOOKING for things to complain about?
    The systems do exist, them being somewhat less grindy than BfA's does not mean that they aren't there lol. Which also begs the question, if those systems are as harmless, inocuous, easy to balance (lol) and to keep up with, why introduce them in the first place? Complexity for the sake of complexity?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    All pve content is the same. Its just your character vs a few new mechanics. Fighting level 1 boar is same content as mythic sire because it's just a few different mechanics.

Do you agree? If not, why?
    No because the scenery changes. The enemies change. The loot drops can change. Mythic+ with affixes have fixed bosses, adds, and loot pools no matter what the key level is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No because the scenery changes. The enemies change. The loot drops can change. Mythic+ with affixes have fixed bosses, adds, and loot pools no matter what the key level is.
    And new mechanics to worry about like the shades that spawn on mob death, the whirlwinds, sanguine pools, etc, that either add extra mobs or new mechanics to worry about. Not to mention the Prideful affix that literally has you planning different routes in dungeons and avoid certain mob groups to do your best to avoid spawning the manifestation of pride at "wrong" moments, etc.

All stuff that doesn't happen in the other difficulties.

And new mechanics to worry about like the shades that spawn on mob death, the whirlwinds, sanguine pools, etc, that either add extra mobs or new mechanics to worry about. Not to mention the Prideful affix that literally has you planning different routes in dungeons and avoid certain mob groups to do your best to avoid spawning the manifestation of pride at "wrong" moments, etc.

All stuff that doesn't happen in the other difficulties.
    Still same monsters. Still the same bosses. Still the same scenery. But if you want to die on this hill and claim nonsense like affixes are content then that's on you but you'd be wrong.

Funny you mention that. I'm polling people about when they made the most alts, and WoD is in second place after Legion while SL is pretty far behind.
    Ok???

I had 5 alts but not for content lol it was for gold

I never did dungeons on a toon besides my main at the beginning because the gear was useless and you got better from the mission table

Valor was the only reason you ran mythic dungeons and tanaan was a chore for the second mission table

You had nothing to do besides raid and you were rewarded for having alts by making millions of gold

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Still same monsters. Still the same bosses. Still the same scenery.
    So the Naxxramas raid in Wrath was not content, to you?

But if you want to die on this hill and claim nonsense like affixes are content then that's on you but you'd be wrong.
    And, once again, a friendly reminder for those who ignore actual facts and like to propose their personal opinions as facts:
    I said this before, and I'll say it again: none of you are arbiters of what "content" is or isn't. Some people do think different difficulties are content, whether you like it or not. Whether you accept it or not.