10+ Year Old Account
    Well, first dose is in. Now I get to wait for the side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    How about more than one group is responsible? Could you get this into your head or can only one thing be responsible at any time?
    Of course, I've already said its the Commission and some member states (the usual suspects), its purely for political reasons that they are in this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyreg View Post
    Of course, I've already said its the Commission and some member states (the usual suspects), its purely for political reasons that they are in this mess.
    So you are mad because the EU isn't the sort of alliance that has a singular leader with consolidated authority to demand all of its members to conform to their will?

- - - Updated - - -

So, in your opinion, who is responsible for getting enough vaccines to prevent a third wave in Europe?
    Certainly not you, the one barking up the wrong tree expecting the tree to bark back at you.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    So you are mad because the EU isn't the sort of alliance that has a singular leader with consolidated authority to demand all of its members to conform to their will?
    I'm not mad at all, I live in the UK

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Certainly not you, the one barking up the wrong tree expecting the tree to bark back at you.
    The EU in a nutshell, nobody is to blame.

I'm not mad at all, I live in the UK

The EU in a nutshell, nobody is to blame.
    Oh, one of those brexiteers, no wonder you are spouting neurotic delusion one after the other.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Oh, one of those brexiteers, no wonder you are spouting neurotic delusion one after the other.
    You clearly have no defendable position here

15+ Year Old Account
    EU in a nutshell, nobody is to blame.
    I thought the EU blames everyone else. Can't you at least stick to your delusions if you don't want to play with everyone back here in realityland?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I thought the EU blames everyone else. Can't you at least stick to your delusions if you don't want to play with everyone back here in realityland?
    EU blames others, member states blame the EU and others, its where the issues with democratic accountability, inherent in the EU system stems from. I see you haven't made much of an effort to pick apart the calamitous vaccine rollout, not surprising really.

15+ Year Old Account
    EU blames others, member states blame the EU and others, its where the issues with democratic accountability, inherent in the EU system stems from. I see you haven't made much of an effort to pick apart the calamitous vaccine rollout, not surprising really.
    I see you haven't read the article you've linked. Someone from the UK should probably not talk about democratic accountability, I mean, it is already silly enough that most of you folks have not the slightest idea of how the EU works while banging on about how evul it is but talking about democratic accountability while sporting a fptp voting system and giving the members of their own union not even close to equal sway is just glaring hypocrisy.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I see you haven't read the article you've linked. Someone from the UK should probably not talk about democratic accountability, I mean, it is already silly enough that most of you folks have not the slightest idea of how the EU works while banging on about how evul it is but talking about democratic accountability while sporting a fptp voting system and giving the members of their own union not even close to equal sway is just glaring hypocrisy.
    Ursula Von Der Leyen barely even won her 'election', and she was the only candidate, so please spare me from talk regarding democratic accountability. As for the rest of your generalised bullshit, its as lame as you trying to say there is equality amongst member states.

The vaccine debacle is a visible warning, about the nature of the EU and it's temptation to use crises to further increase its own powers. Unbelievably, even during this whole shitshow they were talking about taking more power from member states in the area of health. Change needs to happen in the EU, and fast, or they'll just get left even further behind on the world stage.

Wow, great news! Serbia has opened its vaccine program to neighbouring countries as it has 25k AZ doses that expire within a week.

https://twitter.com/bopanc/status/1376476897664770048
    Last edited by Pann; 2021-03-29 at 12:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ursula Von Der Leyen barely even won her 'election', and she was the only candidate, so please spare me from talk regarding democratic accountability. As for the rest of your generalised bullshit, its as lame as you trying to say there is equality amongst member states.

The vaccine debacle is a visible warning, about the nature of the EU and it's temptation to use crises to further increase its own powers. Unbelievably, even during this whole shitshow they were talking about taking more power from member states in the area of health. Change needs to happen in the EU, and fast, or they'll just get left even further behind on the world stage.
    And back to showing your lack of knowledge about how the EU works. Do you play a private game of how-often-can-I-be-wrong bingo?

Maybe read up on the comission, what they do and how it works, you might find out where and why you are oh so wrong most of the time or don't and keep showing everyone your ignorance, your choice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Wow, great news! Serbia has opened its vaccine program to neighbouring countries as it has 25k AZ doses that expire within a week.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the UK are going to start offering its excess vaccine to Ireland first. Such a shame the EU can't organise their own citizens to get a jab. I wonder if the EU dare tell the Irish they are not allowed to accept this free gift from Britain?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the UK are going to start offering its excess vaccine to Ireland first. Such a shame the EU can't organise their own citizens to get a jab. I wonder if the EU dare tell the Irish they are not allowed to accept this free gift from Britain?
    Yeah, it was reported in The Times (I think) this weekend but as far as I know there are no firm plans as of yet. Coveney seems keen although he said “there is politics being played here too”.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...eney-1.4522144

Hopefully we will be in a position to help our neighbours soon and politics will not get the way.

5+ Year Old Account
    Stay on topic, the EU winge is derailing.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Good, but the reason indicates a problem.

First and foremost they are still using the vaccine themselves, https://www.republicworld.com/world-...-vaccines.html so it's not like the US sending away unapproved vaccines that might expire.

But even if they have vaccinated a lot it's still "only" 34 doses per 100 persons, so more than half of their population haven't gotten a single dose.

However, Serbia have allowed people to choose their vaccine - https://www.euronews.com/2021/02/24/...ronavirus-jabs so if they have a left-over AstraZeneca vaccines it indicates that people have preferred the other vaccines.

Many think this idea of letting people pick and choose vaccine isn't a good idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Heard of the vaccine Vaxzevria?
    It's the new name for "COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca" in the EU https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/medicin...ne-astrazeneca (name changed last week); note in India it's called Covishield.

And in the UK it still seems to be "COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca".

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Good, but the reason indicates a problem.

First and foremost they are still using the vaccine themselves, https://www.republicworld.com/world-...-vaccines.html so it's not like the US sending away unapproved vaccines that might expire.

But even if they have vaccinated a lot it's still "only" 34 doses per 100 persons, so more than half of their population haven't gotten a single dose.

However, Serbia have allowed people to choose their vaccine - https://www.euronews.com/2021/02/24/...ronavirus-jabs so if they have a left-over AstraZeneca vaccines it indicates that people have preferred the other vaccines.

Many think this idea of letting people pick and choose vaccine isn't a good idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Heard of the vaccine Vaxzevria?
    It's the new name for "COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca" in the EU https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/medicin...ne-astrazeneca (name changed last week); note in India it's called Covishield.

And in the UK it still seems to be "COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca".
    Why?

Every time I post some good news you have to turn up and try to bring up something anti-AZ.

They had some vaccine going spare and decided to help their neighbours with a few doses that were going out of date - there's nothing more to it so why try to slag them off?!?

Why?
    That was exactly the question I asked after seeing that news.

Countries normally don't give away vaccine for no good reason; so I figured there must be a reason and looked deeper. And this isn't primarily a problem with the AstraZeneca vaccine - but a problem with letting people choose.

10+ Year Old Account
    AZ has bad reputation (whether right or wrong) and given the choice people naturally prefer other options. It's a subjective matter for each and every person.

In our case we were not given choice and explicitly told we don't have that option, but then almost everything we did so far was Phizer anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    AZ has bad reputation (whether right or wrong) and given the choice people naturally prefer other options. It's a subjective matter for each and every person.

In our case we were not given choice and explicitly told we don't have that option, but then almost everything we did so far was Phizer anyway.
    I can understand people preferring Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine over AstraZeneca, but Serbia also uses China's Sinopharm and Russia's Sputnik V.

Sinopharm trials had an efficacy of 79% against mild disease which is similar to AstraZeneca numbers (it was another Chinese vaccine that just got 50.4%), although Sputnik V allegedly has higher numbers: 92%. (The efficacy against severe disease or death is close to 100% for all vaccines.)