Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    the classic community really has no idea what they want anymore lol
    These people absolutely do not represent me.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    No you did not. Dual spec would be expensive so there is no real gold advantage. Are you for real?
    Yes I did. Yes there would. Even if dual spec costs 5k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    "The state of an economy then alters gameplay by shifting the importance of various activities."

Hopefully the important part was made clear there for you.
    I saw it. I disagree. Unless you can show me where this particular gold sink is significant in terms of the size of the economy. SHOW ME. Not assert it.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don't get why people are against it.
    Just have it cost 1000g to train for it like when they first had dual spec back in wrath?
    50g is nothing and it's a waste of time as I remember in BC on my pally I would take a port to IF to respec and get a summon back when I did raids and it was paid by my guild.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Yeah I don't get why people are against it.
    Just have it cost 1000g to train for it like when they first had dual spec back in wrath?
    50g is nothing and it's a waste of time as I remember in BC on my pally I would take a port to IF to respec and get a summon back when I did raids and it was paid by my guild.
    Yea totally. From what I've seeing there are basically two cathegories of players who are against dual spec:

- "Muh immershun" -players.

- Players who play a class whose spec doesnt affect their ability to pve and pvp without respeccing (basically hunters, locks, mages, rogues). They dont give a shit about protection warriors who maybe wanna do some arena/BGs or grinding on the side, or healers who wanna do the same.

This being said, I really, truly cannot see how dual spec would affect them in a negative manner, othar than perhaps giving them competition for open world resources, or simply not having arena-point-pve-cattle anymore to bolster their own standings.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

it came in with wrath, I like dual spec but at the same time adding dual spec with 40 man raids down scaling to 25. it'll eliminate the need for bench. because you won't have to bring in another spec, similarly it'll create that obvious 'well i need a second set for my offspec' rather than you collecting t4 and essentially being done, you'll move it to that point where everyone has to grind some offspec set.

it will drastically change the way tbc plays out, in some ways it would be great and in others it'll simply alter the meta. because of the ease of changing builds and roles.

probably didn't matter so much for wrath since that was the more pugged expansion anyway. at least pugging came into its own there with pugs even in icc. I don't really expect much of t5 to be puggable. like getting 25 ppl that are attuned for an ssc pug, having 2 tanks that can tank hydross, probably not going to happen for a long ass time. in wrath it probably helped that you could change build on a whim, for BC it'll change the meta. it won't play out the same way.

I do think there has to be some drawback to either doing pvp or doing pve, it shouldn't really be that you can do either of them with the flick of a switch and that switch costs nothing. because you are double dipping two progression paths, I think if you want to be good in pve and in pvp, you either have to respec often, or find a build that works well enough in both. or pick 1.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-03-08 at 12:27 PM.

First, raiding is not everything in TBC. Dual-spec is very good for farming/BG/Arena.

Second I do not think people are forced to grind offspec set. Those that like PVE raiding will have 2 raiding specs. At most 1-2 players will respec per fight. We will have 1 tank change to heal/dps, and/or 1 dps/healer changes to OT role.

Yeah dual spec would be absolutely incredible, there's pretty much nothing else I really want changed about TBC except dual spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    I don't know if I am missing something, but to me they seem exactly the same and thus, dual spec in this fashion would be redundant and a waste of dev time to implement. Feel free to correct anything I am misunderstanding.
    It's would be implemented to remove the necessity of using addons, and it would allow players who respec a TON to save money long term by not needing to pay to swap specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    server transfers are already possible, but not faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Dual spec would be fine, but only at the trainer IMO. Also it should either be a small fee always (so it's basically respec, but it saves your settings) OR they should charge 1000g like in wrath.
    i wouldl ove it if they brought back the old original version of faction changes, where you could only faction change certain races since they used the same skeleton rigging for many races on both factions so couldn't do all of them, that would be hilarious to see, as to OP: how about no (insert austin powers meme here), if you want dual spec, wait for WOTLK classic or go to retail, the whole point of these 'classic' servers is to be as close as possible to the original version of that game period as possible, adding features that didn't show up until much much later is stupid.

"Why do some of you want to make people jump through all kinds of weird hoops? Allowing dual spec and making it easy has no effect on the gameplay whatsoever. If you're about to type "your choices should MEEEANNN something" stop. You can RP however you want, your choice to do so shouldn't be forced on others."

Great argument.
    Why not implementing mount from level 1? Those who want to RP, can walk until level 40.
    Why not 100 slot bags? It’s not affecting anyone’s else gameplay.
    Barbershop, also has zero effect on other players.

I travel to a dungeon with my Combat spec, and I see a Gnome Mage. Dismount and switch to Hemo/Preparation spec. Kill the Mage. Switch to Combat to please my guild.
    RPG immersion, at it’s finest.

I don’t mind if you like easy stuff. But that "RP” argument, is silly and arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    You are already giving Seal Of Blood to Alliance Paladins, which is a HUGE change that didn’t happen till Wotlk (Seal Of Martyr) and since Dual Spec is also a Wotlk feature, might as well add it to TBC Classic.
    #logicalchange
    It did kinda make you feel like you were genuinely customising your character, rather than playing a character with certain preferred loadouts.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Yes, I'll allow it. You're welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    You are already giving Seal Of Blood to Alliance Paladins, which is a HUGE change that didn’t happen till Wotlk (Seal Of Martyr) and since Dual Spec is also a Wotlk feature, might as well add it to TBC Classic.
    #logicalchange
    The #nochange movement was in the bin for a while. Though, it could be cool with dual spec.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Great news everyone! There is already a version of wow that has all the features you want, like dual spec and transmog. It’s called Shadowlands.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Why don't you guys just play retail?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Why don't you guys just play retail?
    Why don't you just play a nochanges private server?

Edit: To a stupid question, you get a stupid answer.

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    Why don't you just play a nochanges private server?

Edit: To a stupid question, you get a stupid answer.
    If you "smart" ones had your way there would be 1000 different versions of the game.

5+ Year Old Account
    I hope this means we can have worgen monks when we reach Classsic MoP. I might consider a resub for that. Hell, throw in pre-MoP talent trees. Either Wrath style of Cata style would be fine.

i kinda like my character locked in one spec
    in BC reset cost wasn't a big issue with all the dailes available
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz