Poll: Does WoW Need a New Direction If 9.1 Flops?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: If 9.1 Bombs...

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I do have to laugh at these thinly veiled "WoW is dying/WoW sucks/Blizz needs to give us back (insert expac here)" threads. Maybe we could ease back a bit, in the midst of a global pandemic, and cut them some slack since their product during a crists was BETTER than BFA or WOD. Unlike 6.1, 9.1 will actually have content including the megadungeon, the new raid, and flight unlock. The only thing that needs an overhaul are the overly entitled players who have to point out flaws, and place bets on failures. Kinda sad really.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    These posts are just embarrassing at this point. The writing is on the wall. Why keep being deluded about it?

Wait a second, are you saying the internet has a larger population that complains and is negative than the opposite.....**SHOCKED FACE**

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    I do have to laugh at these thinly veiled "WoW is dying/WoW sucks/Blizz needs to give us back (insert expac here)" threads. Maybe we could ease back a bit, in the midst of a global pandemic, and cut them some slack since their product during a crists was BETTER than BFA or WOD. Unlike 6.1, 9.1 will actually have content including the megadungeon, the new raid, and flight unlock. The only thing that needs an overhaul are the overly entitled players who have to point out flaws, and place bets on failures. Kinda sad really.
    Considering even 6.2 might release by the time we see 9.1 on live, this is a moot point, don't you think?

Retail WoW is dead if 9.1 isn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    This is such a bullshit myth I can't understand why it still lives....
    Do you really believe wow is running an engine from 2004? Because it doesn't.....
    They can do whatever they want lol.... Even the hard coded bag slots were just to time consuming and costly....was never about if its possible...
    Because 99% of anything you can dream up is possible..... It just isn't cost effective.
    You basically just projected a bunch of stuff I didn't say onto what I actually said. Never said anything about an engine or possibility. It's about feasibility. The bag thing is exactly what I mean, the architecture is so old that to redo small stuff like that takes a lot of work, and it's not worth doing so they'd rather just keep with the existing framework and template out future content as much as possible that still fits without breaking or redoing stuff.

I don't unsub due to my guild. I imagine there's a great number of ppl in this situaiton
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

5+ Year Old Account
    I do have to laugh at these thinly veiled "WoW is dying/WoW sucks/Blizz needs to give us back (insert expac here)" threads.
    It isn't a "WoW is dying" thread, by any means. WoW may not be in the best spot atm, but it's still going on and doesn't need you defending it.

Maybe we could ease back a bit, in the midst of a global pandemic, and cut them some slack since their product during a crists was BETTER than BFA or WOD.
    Subjective.

Unlike 6.1, 9.1 will actually have content including the megadungeon, the new raid, and flight unlock. The only thing that needs an overhaul are the overly entitled players who have to point out flaws, and place bets on failures. Kinda sad really.
    So pointing at the patch schedules, or comparing content from Legion/BfA to SL's is being "entitled". Give me a break m8.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

A lot of different people saying August now, I wonder who is parroting who.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If developers had great ideas, I am sure Blizzard would use them. Sure, with the MAU metric attached to them, but still. There were interviews some years back were people complained about Blizzard‘s brain drain and how there’s almost no creativity left outside of the art department - and how Blizzard repels creative talents instead of attracting them.
    In a small company then yeah, sure. Because I work in a 5 person team a lot of my ideas get fed back into the creative process. When you're working with 200 people plus? That's a lot of noise, especially if they're junior and don't really understand much beyond coding or representing their art. No single coder or artist will have any input when the epics that decide what work is done get drawn up; that will be business people and marketers. That is the layer where the problem is.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    FYI nothing is left from 2004 beyond some art assets, least not the architecture. They have explicitly corrected your misconception quite a few times.
    Everything that currently exists in WoW is tethered to all of the systems and ideas they had in 2004 because it requires foundational reconstruction to change it or remove it. Being "in combat" is a relic of times past that most modern games don't have. Does it make sense to have a separate gathering profession like Herbalism or Mining when no other game has that now? These are just examples off the top of my head.

What I'm saying is it's not likely for them to make any groundbreaking innovations when it's just much simpler to leave everything as is and continue pumping out content that fits the existing framework.

What I want done will never happen, but I put down Classic + because it is as close as it gets to what I want for Poll options. Id Rather have all classes reverted to Wrath and then build from there if the class was not available in wrath then the class should be reverted to the initial release of their class as these were the best times for every new class that was released. Then continue with Game design from Ulduar's End no more Mythic just activated Hardmodes in 10/25 man raids, have tier sets back and Legendary items that are built with long questlines through the length of a particular raid tier. Then just keep releasing new content with this design in mind. This means Flying at the beginning of an xpac.

For those saying 9.1 isn't behind schedule: 8.1 released almost 4 months exactly from the release of BfA. We are now 5 months in to Shadowlands without a 9.1 PTR. It's going to be AT LEAST 7+ months of no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    A lot of different people saying August now, I wonder who is parroting who.
    Who’s a lot of different people? Just curious, I want to look it up.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Number's ain't gonna rise, if they lost 60% though, that's not good.
    every single expansion people come, leave, and then return for patch in huge amounts and yet every single time people are saying its the end of the world...

15+ Year Old Account
    The graphics artists of wow are great but the tech departement got to move.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Who’s a lot of different people? Just curious, I want to look it up.
    I been saying late Summer since Blizz-Con, an considering we are pretty much into April with no PTR Build hinted at, its looking more an more like a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    but the total population will most likely be way above wow tho
    you base this opinion on what, on the fact that there is a lot of people playing DIFFERENT GENRE of game? just bcs someone is fan of franchise doesnt mean they will play the mmo...
    think of LOTR or SW mmos, both have HUGE fanbase but the games were never that big... LOL might go the same way

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    every single expansion people come, leave, and then return for patch in huge amounts and yet every single time people are saying its the end of the world...
    Naa, after an expansion launch most don't bother coming back til we are in the X.3.5 phase of an expansion now.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    And its freaking normal for wow the have a slum after raid tiers.
    one would think people noticed it after over a decade, but seems like some people have memory of goldfish

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Naa, after an expansion launch most don't bother coming back til we are in the X.3.5 phase of an expansion now.
    if you try checking a bit into the times when we had sub numbers you will notice each and every patch had a peak, not as big as expansions but still big

Patch 9.1 Delayed Until AUGUST?!

I'm no fanboy of this guys, I don't like him, nor hate him, kinda indifferent to this guy, and don't even watch his videos much. But this just came up in my YouTube feed;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZSB48LgMKA

" Blizzard are behind, and the patch seems to be delayed until around August time. Will modern WoW be able to keep your attention until then? "

Now in my opinion, as just a regular player here, if patch 9.1 comes out in August, does that mean it's been "delayed"? Not to me, as for awhile now I've been hearing and reading that 9.1 wasn't coming until July / August. So I was sort of expecting this. Maybe gives the development team time to make some huge changes to Shadowlands?
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2021-03-29 at 07:44 PM.