Poll: Does WoW Need a New Direction If 9.1 Flops?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: If 9.1 Bombs...

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Who’s a lot of different people? Just curious, I want to look it up.
    Preach mentioned it earlier, now Bellular and some other Youtube guys. Also hearing a lot of folks from the community commenting it
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

I feel like this guy must be paying people to advertise his content on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Honestly isn't this the Norm for WoW now?
    it always was, in first few expansions it just wasnt noticeable as there was constant influx of new people...
    i think it was at 10th aniversary or so when blizz released information that 100milion people tried wow over the years, yet there was never more than 12.5m or so active subs...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Try it yourself, mine is the exact same but I'm generally a white knight for WoW and don't watch Twitch or Youtube streamers. :'D
    mine is completely different...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    one would think people noticed it after over a decade, but seems like some people have memory of goldfish

- - - Updated - - -

if you try checking a bit into the times when we had sub numbers you will notice each and every patch had a peak, not as big as expansions but still big
    Why when you can look at the past couple of expansions and see that its no longer the trend and that its shifted to the start and end of expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    Preach mentioned it earlier, now Bellular and some other Youtube guys. Also hearing a lot of folks from the community commenting it
    Yeah, but if they all base it on the same source it pretty much loses credibility compared to everyone of them has his own source and isn’t just quoting the original source.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I know some people hate it when "we" hate on youtubers...

But it must be said Bellular is the biggets click baiter WoW youtuber.
    And Towelliee is famous or INfamous for his inside knowledge.

He quite literally says he has inside knowledge all the time...but in Towelliee's case...i have no idea if he is always right or always wrong on his inside info in the past.

Regardless if its true or not, im already planning to quit until 9.1 xd reclearing mythic CN every week until 9.1 isnt what i would call fun, gear achieved its purpose so its break time now.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Everything that currently exists in WoW is tethered to all of the systems and ideas they had in 2004 because it requires foundational reconstruction to change it or remove it. Being "in combat" is a relic of times past that most modern games don't have. Does it make sense to have a separate gathering profession like Herbalism or Mining when no other game has that now? These are just examples off the top of my head.

What I'm saying is it's not likely for them to make any groundbreaking innovations when it's just much simpler to leave everything as is and continue pumping out content that fits the existing framework.
    I know it's hard to admit you're wrong, but you are. You talked about "2004 architecture" being a limitation. That is incorrect. They game, front end and back, has been completely rewritten since then.

They have made major changes to the game and could continue to do so if they wanted to for gameplay reasons. There are some things they cannot reasonably do, like removing classes, but they can completely revamp specs. They can, and have, changed professions. That they do not make radical changes to their very successful game that pre-sells millions of copies of every expansion is not evidence they could not. Very few successful businesses majorly fuck with highly profitable products.

Having no "in combat" is dumb AF IMO. Maybe they're better at game design than you are? And by "modern games" are you referring to the sea of MMO's that have come and gone and never reached the success of WoW? Yeah, what a "relic" lol. But in any case, it's definitely not proof they would be technically unable to make another decision if they wanted all spells and abilities to be used all the time. You're making poor assumptions. Just because they do not want to change the game in the odd specific ways you think would be good does not mean they would be technically unable to do so.
    Last edited by Trend; 2021-03-29 at 07:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    The dream is a 10.0 revamped Kalimdor & EK but this time on steroids with a graphical overpass to look the same level of quality as recent expansion zones, to go along with the thousands of new quests, and then somehow tie it all in together and seamlessly meld the leveling experience with the endgame together. I think if that kind of expansion hit the right chords, it would bring a record amount of people back into the game.
    That worked so well for Cataclysm in the long-term didn't it? You'll want to argue about graphic quality but graphic quality doesn't make people hang around for months on end. It's great to wish for the game to look nice but recent graphics pushes for WoW have very likely sent people away (given the cost of upgrading graphics cards).
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

3+ Year Old Account
    Don't we have enough threads about the delay? I can only repeat myself so many times before I get bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I feel like this guy must be paying people to advertise his content on forums.
    Also yes if people wanna talk about 9.1 being delayed they should link the source which was towellie, not bellutrash.

Yea, and a guy in the convenience store down the street said it will be next year! Can you believe that? It must be true!

no release date known beforehand = no delay possible

you can't delay something you don't know the release date of.

Cyberpunk was delayed, new world is delayed, SL launch was delayed, 9.1 not so much, because THERE IS NO FRIKKIN RELEASE DATE SET!

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Why when you can look at the past couple of expansions and see that its no longer the trend and that its shifted to the start and end of expansions.
    how can you look at past couple expansions when we dont have sub numbers since wod...
    if instead of official source you gonna say some "my roommates cousins best friends brothers girlfirends dads dentist said so" just...dont bother

10+ Year Old Account
    hey guys 9.1 is delayed until November.

My uncle says so and he works for Blizzard so it must be true
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Don't we have enough threads about the delay? I can only repeat myself so many times before I get bored.
    We still have some knights here that keep saying a May release is still likely, lol. So I think you / we have to hit the rewind button several more times.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    hey guys 9.1 is delayed until November.

My uncle says so and he works for Blizzard so it must be true
    i think you lie, my father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate said October

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    I know some people hate it when "we" hate on youtubers...

But it must be said Bellular is the biggets click baiter WoW youtuber.
    And Towelliee is famous or INfamous for his inside knowledge.

He quite literally says he has inside knowledge all the time...but in Towelliee's case...i have no idea if he is always right or always wrong on his inside info in the past.
    Blizz for sure tell Towellie stuff before us.. but it works only if NDA is involved. In that case he strongly hint something will happen today. I was on his stream while two events like this happened - reveals of Vanilla Classic Beta and 8.3.

But anyone that believe devs would leak crucial info to streamer risking it's spread among community next day, is seriously wrong in the head.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    We still have some knights here that keep saying a May release is still likely, lol. So I think you / we have to hit the rewind button several more times.
    All that practice. We will be super proficient. And you know there is some measure of perverse curiosity in me that wan'ts to know how far this shitstorm is going to go. I've been here since Cataclysm (different account, can't recover it) but I haven't seen hysteria like this. Not even with WoD or BfA.

The way WoW players play the game has changed, major content patches aren't really updates they are more like restarts to an expansion. The playerbase disappears beforehand and then many return for the patch only to disappear again a few weeks later. This is the fault of content making older content obsolete. The only thing for people to do is consuming the latest content and then when that is exhausted (at their skill level) they quit. This change of design occured around the same time Blizzard became publicly traded and is the typical sort of short-termism you get with publicly traded companies just looking for the next spike in earnings.