Poll: Does WoW Need a New Direction If 9.1 Flops?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: If 9.1 Bombs...

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    one would think people noticed it after over a decade, but seems like some people have memory of goldfish
    Yup, but hey they need to be negative on the forums to make a other WoW is dying post every 3 months for the last dozen of years

If WoW sucked as hard as people claim it does a competitor would have came in the past 16 years to knock if off it's pedestal.

That hasn't happened to this day. WoW isn't perfect but it isn't trash. If you think it is please do yourself a favor and take a break or play something else. You may have moved on from the game which is 100% totally fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Call me cynical but whatever happens to WoW is already set in stone, no matter if 9.1 bombs or not.
    This one gets it. They have doubled down over and over and basically told the playerbase that they do what they want, when they want. Look at the flying fiasco and how they devs are STILL sticking it to the players because they are salty about it. I don't want to play for a company that resents the very people they make they product for. Shadowlands is the future of wow, like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    Look at the flying fiasco and how they devs are STILL sticking it to the players because they are salty about it.
    Flying has been like this since WoD lmao, do you need this long to get over a gf too?

Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    If WoW sucked as hard as people claim it does a competitor would have came in the past 16 years to knock if off it's pedestal.

That hasn't happened to this day. WoW isn't perfect but it isn't trash. If you think it is please do yourself a favor and take a break or play something else. You may have moved on from the game which is 100% totally fine.
    The reason there hasn't been a legit WoW killer, is because it's super expensive to create and extremely risky.

No game company wants to invest the mega million$, and years of development time, for a game that may or may not connect with players, and be a success or flop. I don't think investors want to take on that risk anymore.

It takes years to create a brand new MMORPG, and a shit ton of money. All for the huge risk of it possibly tanking, or not.

If WoW was over and done with after Shadowlands 9.3, there wouldn't be a WoW killer, or a new WoW type game come out, maybe some game would come and go, but doubtful there'd be a new game out that could charge $15 a month and have millions of subs month in month out.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I have some friends who play it and I appreciate the suggestion. I'm sure it's a solid game because it's so often recommended, but to be honest with you I just can't get past the visuals or... the bunny people. But as someone who really likes the genre I do often get the itch to check it out.

Every time though I'm reminded of this meme.

snip
    Well it isn't wrong

SOoo anyway a TL;DR of the professions: You know how you can have all the classes in one character and just switch by swapping main hand weapons?

Well the same is true for professions. They have their gear, stats that benefit them and skills. For gathering your skills help with getting HQ items, increase the gathering chance of rare materials or increase the number of materials you gather. For crafting you can inrease the chance of creating HQ versions of anything you make. Also for fishing what you catch can be placed in the aquarium in your house. Also you have ocean fishing which is basically PvE group content for fishers.

Also each guild (order hall) for profession has its own storyline with quests, cutscenes everything. There are other systems that support professions like certain beast tribes (reputation factions) but my fav has to be treasure hunts. While gathering you can randomly find treasure maps. You can decipher those and if you can find out where they point to on the map, you can go there for a treasure chest. It is recommended to bring friends, cause opening the chest will spawn a bunch of monsters. If you can kill them, you can loot the chest. BUT. Here is the fun part. There is a chance for the chest to open up a portal to a special dungeon which you can explore and kills bosses for tons of gold, valuable crafting materials and exclusive minions (pets). Kinda like the portals treasure goblins leave behind in Diablo III. I think there are two possible dungeons you can enter. Maybe three.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    Easier said than done. WoW isn't just a game. It is ingrained into pop culture. Like Star Wars. I mean we had 3 good movies. 4 if you include Rogue One. But the prequels are only good for memes, and the rest, not even for that. But you will never kill Star Wars. Pulp Fiction, Shawshan Redemption, Fight Club, the Matrix, Parasite....we had tons of better movies. Hell the original Kurosawa ones it ripped off were better movies. But Star Wars will never die.

Things like WoW, Star Wars or Harry Potter aren't removed by better things. They were there to do the right thing at the right time and now they are inseperable from culture.

Its going to "bomb" no matter what they release, because the only people who discuss the game anymore are people not looking to enjoy it but instead looking to discuss flaws.
    Nothing should be done, because those people will never truly be happy, because they don't actually know what would make them happy in the first place.

Let Blizzard develop the game, and if you don't like it, don't play it.
    Otherwise, stop trying to get Blizzard to change the game just because you don't like it as it is.
    All that does is make some one who is having fun currently lose out.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Honestly, this whole year has been a shit show, it is much harder for the devs to come together, since they are all basically working from home, once they all get the vaccine and can work in a safe environment again, we will see a major uptick in quality imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That worked so well for Cataclysm in the long-term didn't it? You'll want to argue about graphic quality but graphic quality doesn't make people hang around for months on end. It's great to wish for the game to look nice but recent graphics pushes for WoW have very likely sent people away (given the cost of upgrading graphics cards).
    I wouldn't argue about graphical quality, but I did expect this reply. I didn't elaborate much but at the end of my post you'll see I want them to meld the early game with the endgame so max level players have a reason to continue coming back to these zones, where in Cataclysm anything but the new zones were completely useless to max level players and that's why the leveling revamp felt like it "failed".

They've done a lot of work to put in gameplay systems to where I can easily see it happening. One interesting idea I really hope they take is doing a PvP Brawl-like system but with the PvE zones themselves, so 1 week you have an event happening in Thousand Needles and a reason to return there, the next week in Hillsbrad Foothills etc. There's tons of potential with a system that encourages time-based, cyclical content.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Honestly, this whole year has been a shit show, it is much harder for the devs to come together, since they are all basically working from home, once they all get the vaccine and can work in a safe environment again, we will see a major uptick in quality imo.
    What? They will suddenly write better stories than they have been for the past 10 years? And focus will finally move away from raid or die? Pretty sure what was crap before will still be crap, but it will come out sooner, so people who still like what we are getting will be happier.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I'm no fanboy of this guys, I don't like him, nor hate him, kinda indifferent to this guy, and don't even watch his videos much. But this just came up in my YouTube feed;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZSB48LgMKA

" Blizzard are behind, and the patch seems to be delayed until around August time. Will modern WoW be able to keep your attention until then? "

Now in my opinion, as just a regular player here, if patch 9.1 comes out in August, does that mean it's been "delayed"? Not to me, as for awhile now I've been hearing and reading that 9.1 wasn't coming until July / August. So I was sort of expecting this. Maybe gives the development team time to make some huge changes to Shadowlands?
    Guess I'll be 22 by the time it comes out lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlol View Post
    3) Blizz devs aren't retarded and know exactly what must be done, but as long as the profit's there, the only thing they need to do is to copy what has already been created and worked. And that is what we can observe from Legion on - same systems with just a few cosmetic changes.
    This almost hits the nail on the head. There is a large amount of discord between what the devs want to do, and what the profit driven managers will let them do.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Flying has been like this since WoD lmao, do you need this long to get over a gf too?
    And the Devs are still being jack holes about it. Did I mention WHEN it was? That has nothing to do with your stupid analogy. And for the record, I am gay. Way to fail at trolling someone...

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Retail WoW is dead if 9.1 isn't good.
    Bruh, we literally went through WoD...

Fucking WoD. How is 9.1 the deciding factor?

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post

People really liked WoD, great class design, Highmaul was liked, the leveling was liked and BRF is quoted as one of the best raids in WoW by many. I think where WoD began to fail was with / after 6.1. But until then the majority really liked the expansion. With Shadowlands... it seems different. People already disliking it because of the system overload and we don’t even have a patch yet.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post

WoD was the expansion that got them to stop publicly displaying sub numbers. It didn't kill WoW, but it clearly did damage.

Pretty sure this game is run solely on marketing at this point.

So they'll probably make a few fancy trailers and the drones will resubscribe for 2 months and rinse repeat.

Absolutely no idea what the people who are currently subscribed are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    There doesnt realy seem to be alot of content, besides the usuall chore stuff such as: NEW quests, NEW story, NEW dung and NEW raid.

I truly wonder who is excited for that? I mean come one.

I mean we already have 1 core features that is completely abbandoned.. we ate all the leggo candy, if more are added? Well then it adds to the pile of usefull and maybe even fun spells wr gonna lose at the end of SL anyway.
    Thorghast gets a new wing? Well.. doesnt everyone already hate thorghast and the maw?

Iff blizz believe 9.1 will keep the interest for alot of player then they might get some backlash.

Not looking good if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

But this is so freaking early we are not even halfway.... my man.
    I can't recall many patch features anyone cared about beyond transmog, mage tower, and... god lfr? That added new types of content. That isn't what a wow patch is.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Wow dude, so now content being delayed equals to "WoW is dying" in your book? You really love drama, don't you?
    Life will go on as usual ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Take it how you want to take it.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    People really liked WoD, great class design, Highmaul was liked, the leveling was liked and BRF is quoted as one of the best raids in WoW by many. I think where WoD began to fail was with / after 6.1. But until then the majority really liked the expansion. With Shadowlands... it seems different. People already disliking it because of the system overload and we don’t even have a patch yet.
    The systems aren't even that bad.