I remember when we had Matt Ryan at BC, we were running a pro style offense (which has pretty much been the case since the Tom Coughlin days), which led to Ryan having a relatively smooth transition to the NFL despite Atlanta being consistently shitty.

Take Alabama, for example. With the dearth of talent they always have at WR, RB, and OL, you don't have to be a Josh Allen, Alex Smith, or Patrick Mahomes to shine.
    Dearth doesn't mean what you think it means. But I agree with your point. I honestly think these big programs best asset in developing QBs might be the aspect of having constant media attention, especially in a market like NYC or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/29/fi...not-in-lawsuit

Sports Illustrated story by Jenny Vrentas, who I highly respect fro her connections and her work on other articles, many of them about high profile people or occasions in the NFL.

This story not only confirms previous accounts about Watson, but the woman in question is not part of the suit that's already been filed. Her story is pretty shocking, and the details in it paint a picture that is almost impossible to deny the truth of.

I'm 10000% sure that Vrentas would not have put her name to this story if she had not been convinced it was true herself.

What that leads to for me personally, is a hope that Watson gets the mental help he needs and a lengthy suspension from the NFL. Watson should not be the face of any team's franchise with this, perhaps ever.

(there's always a chance for a Michael Vick like coming to terms with what he did and making amends, though.)

- - - Updated - - -

Nick Underhill is one of the best Saints beat writers. Funny how he came out with this after the discussion of Vannet some time back in this thread. Seems like Vannett really does still think he's all that.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Nick Underhill is one of the best Saints beat writers. Funny how he came out with this after the discussion of Vannet some time back in this thread. Seems like Vannett really does still think he's all that.
    Guess we'll see. He sure has a shot at it with Trautman still working on his game. With Thomas and Kamara drawing plenty of eyes the two TEs can have a big impact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/29/fi...not-in-lawsuit

Sports Illustrated story by Jenny Vrentas, who I highly respect fro her connections and her work on other articles, many of them about high profile people or occasions in the NFL.

This story not only confirms previous accounts about Watson, but the woman in question is not part of the suit that's already been filed. Her story is pretty shocking, and the details in it paint a picture that is almost impossible to deny the truth of.

I'm 10000% sure that Vrentas would not have put her name to this story if she had not been convinced it was true herself.

What that leads to for me personally, is a hope that Watson gets the mental help he needs and a lengthy suspension from the NFL. Watson should not be the face of any team's franchise with this, perhaps ever.
    Whether the full extent of the others stories are true or not, he is definitely a creep. It seems we're just waiting to find out what degree of awful it is.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Guess we'll see. He sure has a shot at it with Trautman still working on his game. With Thomas and Kamara drawing plenty of eyes the two TEs can have a big impact.
    Anything is possible, but averaging less than 1 catch per game (and 6.8 yards per reception) when every other TE was injured (who averaged 10-11 ypr) isn't exactly the best way to show receiving potential. Troy Fumagalli, who was brought off the practice squad and was used purely as a blocker was more effective as a receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Anything is possible, but averaging less than 1 catch per game (and 6.8 yards per reception) when every other TE was injured (who averaged 10-11 ypr) isn't exactly the best way to show receiving potential. Troy Fumagalli, who was brought off the practice squad and was used purely as a blocker was more effective as a receiver.
    Oh no doubt, I am expecting nothing from Vannett and I am expecting to see Trautman become a focus of the offense. If Vannett does anything, hey great that is just extra. I was tired of watching Cook and Josh Hill not do much in the passing game.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So just watching the highlights of these two Pro Day QBs, can we bury the nonsense take that the 49ers traded up to 3 for Mac Jones?

The guy is just a younger Jimmy G.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Broncos/Lions is going to be great. Who is ready for Goff and Lock to trade throwing terrible picks while staring down their first options?

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So just watching the highlights of these two Pro Day QBs, can we bury the nonsense take that the 49ers traded up to 3 for Mac Jones?

The guy is just a younger Jimmy G.
    In case you don't know, throwing at pro day workouts is pointless. Not only are they not in pads, they have no defenders on the field, AND they are scripted+practiced for weeks beforehand. What they are doing will never occur during a real game and are of no indication of the throws they can make in a real game situation.

It is basically the 40 yard dash for skill position players or bench press for lineman. Useless.
    Last edited by Grube; 2021-03-30 at 06:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    17 game season is a go!

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/sta...64743286681607

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the new matchups for Week 18.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1376965368384614400

That GB-KC game sells this by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    17 game season is a go!

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/sta...64743286681607

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the new matchups for Week 18.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1376965368384614400

That GB-KC game sells this by itself.
    I don't like the 17th game. Some teams have 9 home games now which is a small advantage. 16 games has been the right amount for years. Of course I'll watch it but it still sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

At least they made the 17th game conference based so this year AFC teams host NFC teams. So all NFC teams will have 8 home games/9road and that flips next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I don't like the 17th game. Some teams have 9 home games now which is a small advantage. 16 games has been the right amount for years. Of course I'll watch it but it still sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

At least they made the 17th game conference based so this year AFC teams host NFC teams. So all NFC teams will have 8 home games/9road and that flips next year.
    Yeah that was a smart play at least so within conference the "extra home game" won't become a controversy if a team wins the 1 seed by a single game difference.

Also apparently they can't extend it to 18 again until the CBA expires, so we can all buckle up for a decade of this.

Odd number is a bit odd, but I'll take it. For now. When all the blames and flames are flying across the table due to whatever (pseudo-)controversial happening eventually, I might take it back.

10+ Year Old Account
    18 women have come out in defense of Watson, but he's still down 21-18
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    18 women have come out in defense of Watson, but he's still down 21-18
    Yeah, but how many of them are real? That might change things up.

Seriously though, everything surrounding the allegations just seems off on both sides.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Yeah, but how many of them are real? That might change things up.

Seriously though, everything surrounding the allegations just seems off on both sides.
    I think it's undeniable he does something inappropriate, but how far it goes is questionable. The woman from the article linked earlier detailed some weird actions that that show opportunities of escalating --like someone else said, why is he going to so many outside masseuse instead of the team appointed one-- but she also said she offered to massage him again twice. And while she's not part of the lawsuit she does say she's exploring her options with other lawyers so the altruistic implication is misleading.

But even if it's just 1 who had his dick stuck in her mouth and he came on her that's a big deal, though a much bigger deal done this way than had it been only her.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-04-01 at 05:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trouble in LA: https://twitter.com/nathanfenno/stat...63214477963264

"BREAKING: Fate of Chargers' ownership at stake as Dean Spanos' sister asks court to force sale."

If the Spanos family does end up selling the team, it would probably lead to an extremely interesting bidding war.

Team in LA, young good QB, brand new stadium, brand new labor deal, brand new TV rights deal.

Would almost certainly set a new standard for what NFL teams are worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any new ownership should move the team back to San Diego. They aint exactly thriving in LA.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's interesting is that Spanos was looking into selling in 2024. It would be good to get the franchise away from that family, they suck something awful. I doubt anything happens regarding this petition though, but in a few years things may be looking up.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Any new ownership should move the team back to San Diego. They aint exactly thriving in LA.
    No worse than SD though. They need a third option more than going back. But really all they have to do to become popular in LA is get good, and they’ve got the tools. Right now they’re the Clippers of the city.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    No worse than SD though. They need a third option more than going back. But really all they have to do to become popular in LA is get good, and they’ve got the tools. Right now they’re the Clippers of the city.
    I wouldnt even say Clippers, given even USC and UCLA are more popular and they're the local college teams.