Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxximcleod View Post
    Knowing that now, what would your second picks become?
    Well... I will kill Grae over anyone else, then I wont have the chance until later in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    To clarify:

The original Fate/Stay Night visual novel is comprised of three routes (which are unlocked in order): Fate (main heroine in Saber), Unlimited Blade Works (abbreviated as UBW, is about Tosaka and Archer), and Heaven's Feel (abbreviated HF, is about Sakura). When most people talk about "Fate", they're usually talking about the UBW route, which is far and away the most popular Fate story. Sometimes people will talk about HF. Nobody ever talks about the Fate route because it's not really a story; it's 30 hours of exposition that sets up the real story that is UBW.

The Studio DEEN adaption tried to blend the three routes into one story, and... uh... yeah, that didn't work out.
    ANd like I said I found a person who cut out everything from the other routes. So the DEEN version would only have the stuff related to the Fate route in it.

Also, I once again have to reemphasize that Zero should be watched first, especially before the Heaven's Feel movies. I saw them during their limited release in American theaters. They tried compressing a 30 hour long route into 6 hours of screentime, and basically cut out all of the exposition as to what's going on, and even establishing characters. The HF movies assume that you have at the very least, have seen the Zero and UBW shows.

- - - Updated - - -

The first HF movie glosses over establishing Shirou's life, who Saber is, who Tosaka is, who Archer is (and why Shirou gets Archer's powers), who the Matous are, how the Holy Grail War works, what are command seals, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    Like we just gunna take foxxis word shes kingmaker? Its interesting that you would of picked bwon i do agree plus there may of been quite a few to instant revenge her for hammers ect
    Yes, you should. Let me walk you through the logic.
    Kingmakers are replacable. If I die another Villager will take my place. Assassins are not. No Assassin is going to counter claim to get me removed, because the moment I flip they will be on the chopping block next, and my role will pass on while they will leave their teammate alone.

Likewise it would be idiotic to claim kingmaker as an assassin since the real kingmaker could step forward and trade their life for the impostor in a net win for town.
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

Real talk, I think Listo and Val might be scum because they're clearly having a secret conversation, plain as day.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I once again have to reemphasize that Zero should be watched first, especially before the Heaven's Feel movies. I saw them during their limited release in American theaters. They tried compressing a 30 hour long route into 6 hours of screentime, and basically cut out all of the exposition as to what's going on, and even establishing characters. The HF movies assume that you have at the very least, have seen the Zero and UBW shows.

- - - Updated - - -

The first HF movie glosses over establishing Shirou's life, who Saber is, who Tosaka is, who Archer is (and why Shirou gets Archer's powers), who the Matous are, how the Holy Grail War works, what are command seals, etc.
    What about the fact that apparently zero spoils twists and whatnot from HF/SN.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Real talk, I think Listo and Val might be scum because they're clearly having a secret conversation, plain as day.
    If we were we'd do this in the QT thread lol.

Another reason why Zero should be watched before Heaven's Feel is that the events of Zero and what Kiritsugu did are very important to the plot HF, but the HF movies don't cover that backstory, so the magic going haywire and Kirei's motivations make no sense if you haven't seen Zero.

Yes, you should. Let me walk you through the logic.
    Kingmakers are replacable. If I die another Villager will take my place. Assassins are not. No Assassin is going to counter claim to get me removed, because the moment I flip they will be on the chopping block next, and my role will pass on while they will leave their teammate alone.

Likewise it would be idiotic to claim kingmaker as an assassin since the real kingmaker could step forward and trade their life for the impostor in a net win for town.
    Something else im curious about is the starting king always town or chance at being scum

@Val the Moofia Boss

I would still like to hear who your option to replace me as a target would be
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

7+ Year Old Account
    All the idiots spending the game thread talking about anime are creeping up my kill list

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    What about the fact that apparently zero spoils twists and whatnot from HF/SN.
    Zero only "spoils" two things about HF (a character reveal and magic going haywire), but the UBW adaptation spoils both anyway so if you watch UBW before HF, by the time it comes up in HF it's not a twist anymore. Also, the magic going haywire becomes a crucial plot point towards the end of HF, but it is only explained in the Zero adaptation.

If the HF adaptation had been a full, 24 episode tv series, and they had actually showcased the screentime to properly setup stuff, then there might have been an arguement for watching Zero after HF, but as it is now that is most certainly not how Ufotable adapted the series and the HF movies are very clearly intended to have been watched after Zero and UBW.

Something else im curious about is the starting king always town or chance at being scum
    Bwon could be scum, just because someone is made king does not mean they are town - the N0 action of the kingmaker is choosing blindly

3+ Year Old Account
    I usually just watch JoJo, but other than that I don't watch Anime lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    All the idiots spending the game thread talking about anime are creeping up my kill list
    Join me on val its Glorious

Well... I will kill Grae over anyone else, then I wont have the chance until later in the game
    I still would like another option from you, if Grae were eliminated today, who would be your next pick?

@Val the Moofia Boss

I would still like to hear who your option to replace me as a target would be
    Bwonsamdi and... Nefarious Tea. For hating on anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zero only "spoils" two things about HF (a character reveal and magic going haywire), but the UBW adaptation spoils both anyway so if you watch UBW before HF, by the time it comes up in HF it's not a twist anymore. Also, the magic going haywire becomes a crucial plot point towards the end of HF, but it is only explained in the Zero adaptation.

If the HF adaptation had been a full, 24 episode tv series, and they had actually showcased the screentime to properly setup stuff, then there might have been an arguement for watching Zero after HF, but as it is now that is most certainly not how Ufotable adapted the series and the HF movies are very clearly intended to have been watched after Zero and UBW.
    I also read that Zero could be watched between movies 2 and 3.

Bwon could be scum, just because someone is made king does not mean they are town - the N0 action of the kingmaker is choosing blindly
    Ok follow up could scum become kingmaker and just keep making there team king sorry im trying to understand as im a bit confused on how this game works

and maybe kill marack too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    I also read that Zero could be watched between movies 2 and 3.
    lolol

This sounds like some convoluted Star Wars machete order crap.

Seriously. Zero > UBW > HF

Ok follow up could scum become kingmaker and just keep making there team king sorry im trying to understand as im a bit confused on how this game works
    No. Only Villagers will ever become Kingmaker.