5+ Year Old Account

Conspiracy in Oribos

I have been silent long enough about this but this is disrupting my mind. Do you ever walk around Oribos and overhear the conversations from Brokers and Traders? They are literally conspiring against us! There is a situation in Maw, where one Broker had warned me about not trusting Ve'nari. I have recently become a trading partner with her by reaching the maximum reputation and she sent on a mission to kill this guy. Then I came back to Oribos and hear this:

What does that possibly mean? Who is telling the story? What is going on! It's pretty obvious that Brokers may betray us in the near future or maybe there is more. Are we going to experience a huge storyline twist?
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-03-26 at 01:26 PM.

Probably a refference to "History is written by the winners"
    And they don't know who will win yet. The mortal heros (us) or the jailer.

It's just a meta comment on the WoW narrative

The Broker bits are basically the "old god whispers" of previous expansions.

I hope they actually lead somewhere by the end of SL.
    Unlike other prophecies or shady beings (like void servants) the Brokers are tied to the Shadowlands. So not finishing their story would mean we would never ever get to see them again.

I'm pretty sure we are going to get some idea of what they want during 9.1 and the mega-dungeon.
    Unfortunately, that will not be able to handle all these possible setups Blizz has done regarding the Brokers (they talk shady, Ve'nari is shady, Bwonsamdi tells us to be careful, the whole Sepulcher thing in Maldraxxus etc.)

Ever since the mega-dungeon was confirmed the chance for a Broker themed tier or raid is null and void.
    Sadly I think they will leave most of it open-ended.

5+ Year Old Account
    We have this image here, where the top of the Icrecrown Tower is an opposite top to the Torghast Tower placed upside down. So, we are living in a reverse world. Now if the huge story twist would occur, then everything we have done in life realm was made to be good and in realm of death evil?

Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-03-26 at 02:56 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    We have this image here, where the top of the Icrecrown Tower is an opposite top to the Torghast Tower placed upside down. So, we are living in a reverse world. Now if the huge story twist would occur, then everything we have done in life realm was made to be good and in realm of death evil?

Idk, the SL may be the realm of death, but Azeroth is certainly not the realm of life. I don't think that that "mirror effect" goes anywhere beyond cool visuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

"Heroes" the player character are and have always been very one dimensional in this game. In vanilla we listened (among others) to bolvar, in bc we listened to khadgar and adal wotlk was tirion etc. Etc. If we had somewhere more important to be, we the pc would not be there of our own intuition but because another character convinced us to go there.

There has been absolutely no opportunity to choose sides short of our class halls segregating us, prior from entering shadowlands which divided our allegiances four fold. As mentioned the brokers etc. Seem to be the new old God whispers, except they foreshadow our (the literal player) inability to grasp what we are doing and just how integral it is to the overall story. When we slay a pawn its because our king is articulating the moves to take our their queen later.

The cartels seem to be trying to play all sides. You've got Cartel Xy, one of whom was working with Denathrius and the other resisting the return of Bwonsamdi's mojo. Cartel Ba has assisted Kel'thuzad but also works with us (two such members are in the picture you posted in the OP). Cartel Au are the profession trainers, but also work in the Theater of Pain in Maldraxxus.

Cartel So doesn't do much but has one member at the ToP too. Cartel Ta operates all over, including the Black Market in Revendreth. Cartel Ve, outside of Ve'nari, is revealed to be outright hostile to the player character (and Ve'nari) by the end of Ve'nari's quests. They seem to be after something in the Maw. And finally Cartel Zo, mostly focused on PVP but has one member in the ToP too.

They are all in general after something, though Cartel Ba seems to be the biggest one of them, particularly as some sort of leader, Opulence Ba'hare, is present in Oribos.

A conversation between Ta'mari and Ba'hare seems to indicate there's more going on with their portal network, as they're trying to hide something from the attendants. Ba'hare also indicates they've seen other works by the First Ones besides Oribos.

And another conversation Ba'hare has, this time with fellow Cartel Ba member Ba'solo, points to them seeking out the location of something called "The Sepulcher".

So yes, they certainly are seeking something, most likely to their own ends. This Sepulcher is likely in Korthia, I would think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    It's just a meta comment on the WoW narrative
    This most likely, it's no different from "you thought you were beating Azshara but you actually helped release Nzoth!" or the Horde War Campaign 'choices'. Or they could be alluding to the "Sylvanas is hero all along" 'twist'.
    Brokers are just this expansions merchant/outsider faction, I don't expect much beyond them being quirky.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    The cartels seem to be trying to play all sides. You've got Cartel Xy, one of whom was working with Denathrius and the other resisting the return of Bwonsamdi's mojo. Cartel Ba has assisted Kel'thuzad but also works with us (two such members are in the picture you posted in the OP). Cartel Au are the profession trainers, but also work in the Theater of Pain in Maldraxxus.

Cartel So doesn't do much but has one member at the ToP too. Cartel Ta operates all over, including the Black Market in Revendreth. Cartel Ve, outside of Ve'nari, is revealed to be outright hostile to the player character (and Ve'nari) by the end of Ve'nari's quests. They seem to be after something in the Maw. And finally Cartel Zo, mostly focused on PVP but has one member in the ToP too.

They are all in general after something, though Cartel Ba seems to be the biggest one of them, particularly as some sort of leader, Opulence Ba'hare, is present in Oribos.

A conversation between Ta'mari and Ba'hare seems to indicate there's more going on with their portal network, as they're trying to hide something from the attendants. Ba'hare also indicates they've seen other works by the First Ones besides Oribos.

And another conversation Ba'hare has, this time with fellow Cartel Ba member Ba'solo, points to them seeking out the location of something called "The Sepulcher".

So yes, they certainly are seeking something, most likely to their own ends. This Sepulcher is likely in Korthia, I would think.
    I love all of this detail you've shared with us. I wouldn't have even been able to name the different cartels. I wonder how long we'll have to wait to learn more about these guys. We killed vrykul all over Northrend, for instance, but didn't learn their intentions and who they worked for until nearly a decade later in Legion.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I have been silent long enough about this but this is disrupting my mind. Do you ever walk around Oribos and overhear the conversations from Brokers and Traders? They are literally conspiring against us! There is a situation in Maw, where one Broker had warned me about not trusting Ve'nari. I have recently become a trading partner with her by reaching the maximum reputation and she sent on a mission to kill this guy. Then I came back to Oribos and hear this:

What does that possibly mean? Who is telling the story? What is going on! It's pretty obvious that Brokers may betray us in the near future or maybe there is more. Are we going to experience a huge storyline twist?
    The Brokers are completely neutral and full-blooded capitalists. They have no compulsion to take a side in the story that unfolds unless it is the one that increases their profit, which is why there is some Brokers that help us (for a price) like Ve'nari and others that want to kill us because we got between them and their loot, like Zy'mox. We would be extremely foolish to trust them for more then the odd purchase, given the right incentive they would betray us in an instant.

Furthermore, yes, it is quite clear that the Brokers are after something big, that they hope to find in the Shadowlands, it will most likely be tied to the new area in the Maw and the Broker-themed Mega-Dungeon.

As much as I would love some dark twist to the narrative I'm fairly sure that's just a meta-joke to the players. "Hurr durr, isn't it funny that you're acting like your heroes in this story" when we're literally the heroes of the game.

It's pretty obvious that Brokers may betray us in the near future or maybe there is more.
    You can't be betrayed by someone you don't trust. And there's no reason to trust them unless you're a fool. The fact they're able to freely roam in Torghast and Ven'ari has all this helpful shit just like that should be telling enough.

They are opportunists and I'm pretty much convinced they don't even originate from Shadowlands.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    You can't be betrayed by someone you don't trust. And there's no reason to trust them unless you're a fool. The fact they're able to freely roam in Torghast and Ven'ari has all this helpful shit just like that should be telling enough.

They are opportunists and I'm pretty much convinced they don't even originate from Shadowlands.
    You are right, I'm just wondering if their betrayal will be just it or there will be much more plot twist.

3+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a simple Forth Wall breaking joke, because our character(s) are the main heroes of the story... I guess
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.