Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Except, I haven't. I have never said that. I have simply said that you are wrong when you act as the arbiter who decides what content is and what is not. That is not an opinion, that's a fact.

If I have, I imagine you should be able to provide a quote?
    I've been following this thread and I've seen you say the same thing time and time again. Yes, we all understand that none of us are "The Arbiter" who decides what content is and what content is not. It's completely subjective. What one person considers something to be may vary from what another person considers something to be. We get it. You've made an excellent point. However, it objectively has nothing to do with the discussion. People are concerned about the long wait for new content and have started to argue over what exactly constitutes new content. As you have pointed out over a dozen times, no one person can make that call. We understand. I feel like you may just be arguing for the sake of arguing at this point. We all understand what you are saying and it's very clever but it adds absolutely nothing to the conversation and actually just seems to be annoying people. This is just my 2 cents. And yes, I realise I am not the arbiter of what constitutes an annoying post in this thread.
    Last edited by Chriisto; 2021-03-30 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The vast majority of Bellular's videos are clickbait that don't really give any kind of proper information. He used to have good videos. But his videos since the launch of Shadowlands have been pretty trash imo
    All of his videos do have proper information (unless it’s clearly marked as speculation when it comes to lore), the problem is he spreads 2-3 minutes of information over a 20 minute video. That’s why I don’t watch them anymore, but what he says is based on facts and makes sense.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You actually think Blizzard expects people to farm 200k+ anima in one patch to buy all the cosmetics before adding more in the second patch?
    no they know u can't, but they try to lure u to stay, that simple
    u have to pick which to get and try to farm as much as possible that crap content
    Also even for 2 years, with current joke of anima reward, u won't even finish ur main items, unless u play literally every day and do all wqs anima beside raid and mythic dungeons
    And again I repeat:

Nowhere near the same thing, but go on with repeating the same wrong claims and fallacious arguments.
    and i'll say what he said before, some ppl claim that earth is flat, it is their opinion but science itself prove them wrong, yet they refuse to believe it
    no, and clear no, it is at best a modified content, but entirely new content, u can't compare affixes with an actual new dungeon or new zone, do u consider EPL a different zone when it rains then? Do u consider Silithus different zone in summer because that 1 mini pet who appears only at summer?
    Even for a mini pet addicted, yes that's new mini pet, but he won't even dare to say that's a new zone because that mini pet shows up only in summer!
    Did u consider the ancient mount 4 mounts since he change color each season?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    this indeed
    also Bellular omegalul
    What's wrong with Bellular? Care to explain?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Wrath was literally when they increased the number of difficulties. Before that it was one size, one difficulty. And the overwhelming majority of raiders never got past a boss or two into the second lowest tier.
    1) tbc first introduced that with hc dungeons idea, which was received overwhelming positive, but blizz for unknown reason thought dungeon=raid and decided to make same idea for raids, ignoring fact that dungeon is supposed to be daily repeated content, while raids is supposed to be played over multiple days not just one (i did love hc raiding back then, but long term it was bad idea, like LFG concept)
    2) as of right now the overwhelming majority of wow players are the most casual in entire wow history (source: last blizzcon video about faction balance), ppl who play wow solo and don't even do a mythic dungeon, so raids have 1 or multi difficulty will have tiny effect on wow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    It's called induced apathy and it's the result of Blizzard releasing a worse BfA
    SL - so far - is nowhere as bad as BFA is
    Warfront (something i really loved in concept and had high hopes for) were sh8t, island expeditions were just race trash kill, only 3 actual zones for ur faction and 3 just go for wqs, and the worst part BFA u had less buttons to press than wrath, and wrath is 5 prior exps
    Content drought is real problem in SL, and seems it will just get worse, but BFA problem was almost all content was bad, while SL is drought of content not bad one, SL is more like WoD problem

- - - Updated - - -

Except, I haven't. I have never said that. I have simply said that you are wrong when you act as the arbiter who decides what content is and what is not. That is not an opinion, that's a fact.
    Everyone agrees that affix or multi difficulty for exact same dungeon isn't new content except u, while none of us the rest are arbiters of what is new content, we are at least arbiters of what isn't content, and giving us kara +0 -> +1 ----> +15 isn't 15 new content, it is still just 1 content and it is Karazhan regardless of its difficulty
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Everyone agrees
    and with this you kill ANY argument you want to say bcs there is not a single thing in wow (or anywhere else) that EVERYONE AGREES

ofc with things that can be factualy correct, there are people who disagree but are simply wrong
    with opinion things (like what is and what isnt content definitely is) there is no such thing as factualy wrong, thats what he says all the time btw if you didnt get that yet
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-03-30 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Well posting numerous videos that provide next to no news is why people talk shit about Bellular now. His videos are just pure clickbait now.
    I mean its not like Wow puts out much in terms of news or content nowadays.. lol

Well, it's not really about Bellular anyway. Generally the major patch hits PTR and stays there around two-ish months - so it's not unthinkable to expect something on the line.

However, we're seeing a slower trend right now, be it due to Covid, be it due to Shadowlands being a mess in multiple aspects that need a lot of fixes, it's taking just more work than expected to deliver more stuff.

I don't really know when the 9.1 will be out, but ideally June would be a good estimate. Which sums up to be a pretty long patch. Don't know if this trend will continue, or if we'll get back on tracks after this.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's pretty much given now that 9.1 will hit sometime over the summer. And yeah, it might be the longest we have ever waited for X.1 patch, which is NOT good. Question is, will they manage to then put 9.2 out much faster, or are they going to scrap everything they planned for SL and take their time with 9.2 so it can close out the expansion while they move resources to new expansion already. If I had to guess, we are going into the WoD waters with 10.0 coming maybe by the end of next year.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post

You had nothing to do besides raid and you were rewarded for having alts by making millions of gold
    Yes. So? People did replay it a lot. If they are so bored of the game that they don't even want to level alts (unlike in WoD or BfA) than we can't really say that game has much replayability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Well it's pretty much given now that 9.1 will hit sometime over the summer. And yeah, it might be the longest we have ever waited for X.1 patch, which is NOT good. Question is, will they manage to then put 9.2 out much faster, or are they going to scrap everything they planned for SL and take their time with 9.2 so it can close out the expansion while they move resources to new expansion already. If I had to guess, we are going into the WoD waters with 10.0 coming maybe by the end of next year.
    I'm pretty sure 9.2 will be the last major patch of the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    I mean its not like Wow puts out much in terms of news or content nowadays.. lol
    This. There is fuck all to discuss. Clickbait and conspiracy theories aside, there really is not much to discuss about radio silence.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic gun 23 View Post
    What's wrong with Bellular? Care to explain?
    Clickbait.
    Doesn't check facts properly.
    Speedruns news, always being the "first" one to bring it, not the best. News Flash Media at its finest.
    Spreads his content out. A 1min news is like 20min with him because he wants that juicy retention time.
    Unsympathetic, but that's subjective.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    I really don't know how they could manage to get 9.2 out faster with 9.1 taking longer to be live. I don't see a way how they are able to catch up the lost time. And it doesn't make much sense imho as having 9.2 faster helps nobody. Content patches with raid tiers usually last 6 months, I don't see why they would want to reduce that for 9.1. If 9.1 would be a smaller content patch like 7.1 or 8.1 I'd agree, but not with a mega dungeon and a huge raid.
    _______

By the way, the TBC Beta got an update and they unlocked it until level 68. I really don't know if they want to start the 9.1 PTS as long as the TBC beta is unlocking new content / level caps. I guess we're getting level 70 next week and then the raid testing after that. So PTR for 9.1 maybe mid April? I imagine the TBC beta to be rather short overall and be finished by May.

It's funny how deluded people are about WoW dying. It's like Theseus' ship. Is it still WoW if only a fraction of the original players still play, the dev team has changed almost entirely and the gameplay only superficially resembles the original WoW?

At this point WoW is just an IP that new people take over every couple of years and try to make a new spin on it. The original WoW DID die with WotLK when masses of accessibility, xrealm and casual features were added, along with the death of large-scale raiding earlier in TBC and the death of single difficulty in WotLK.

Interim Cata-MoP WoW died with Ghostcrawler's departure and a massive game design ideology change.

New (Ion's) WoW is about to die. It was alright in Legion but it has too many problems for long-term sustainability. The question is whether someone will take over after SL and whether they'll be able to undo the mess that WoW is currently in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Everyone agrees that affix or multi difficulty for exact same dungeon isn't new content except u,
    Wow, you polled everyone to know "only I" think affixes are content, Mr Arbiter? Including me? Because I don't remember giving my position regarding that.

while none of us the rest are arbiters of what is new content, we are at least arbiters of what isn't content,
    "I'm claiming we are not arbiters of what content is or isn't, but we totally are arbiters of what content is or isn't."

Literally what you just wrote.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Wow, you polled everyone to know "only I" think affixes are content, Mr Arbiter? Including me? Because I don't remember giving my position regarding that.

"I'm claiming we are not arbiters of what content is or isn't, but we totally are arbiters of what content is or isn't."

Literally what you just wrote.
    Again you have chosen not to add to the discussion but instead continue to argue over an arbitrary point. Perhaps you missed my earlier post? I'll quote it below for you just incase.

I've been following this thread and I've seen you say the same thing time and time again. Yes, we all understand that none of us are "The Arbiter" who decides what content is and what content is not. It's completely subjective. What one person considers something to be may vary from what another person considers something to be. We get it. You've made an excellent point. However, it objectively has nothing to do with the discussion. People are concerned about the long wait for new content and have started to argue over what exactly constitutes new content. As you have pointed out over a dozen times, no one person can make that call. We understand. I feel like you may just be arguing for the sake of arguing at this point. We all understand what you are saying and it's very clever but it adds absolutely nothing to the conversation and actually just seems to be annoying people. This is just my 2 cents. And yes, I realise I am not the arbiter of what constitutes an annoying post in this thread.
    Are there any moderators monitoring this thread? I'm just curious, if what lelenia is doing is not trolling then I clearly do not understand the meaning of the term nor the implications for breaking the mmoc forum terms.
    Last edited by Chriisto; 2021-03-30 at 11:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    Again you have chosen not to add to the discussion but instead continue to argue over an arbitrary point. Perhaps you missed my earlier post? I'll quote it below for you just incase.

Are there any moderators monitoring this thread? I'm just curious, if what lelenia is doing is not trolling then I clearly do not understand the meaning of the term nor the implications for breaking the mmoc forum terms.
    And if you actually followed the thread as you claim you did, you'd see that this guy I'm responding to literally act like he's the "arbiter", to the point of stating that those that disagree with him are wrong. I.e. his own subjective opinion is fact. The person could have avoided all this by simply correcting himself and saying that this is his personal opinion only, yet he goes around and saying "it's a FACT!" And this person has done that several times, in fact.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

If PTR doesn't come next week, I really do hope they comment something about the release date. As in when can we expect the PTR, since they promised they would deliver pretty much right after 9.0.5 comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    If PTR doesn't come next week, I really do hope they comment something about the release date. As in when can we expect the PTR, since they promised they would deliver pretty much right after 9.0.5 comes out.
    I mean we’re still missing the vendor build which usually comes ~ one week before PTR. So maybe if we’re getting a vendor build this week PTR could start next week. If nothing happens until Thursday I think we shouldn’t expect it next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    No. I love this game and have been a part of the community since day one. I deserve better. We all deserve better. WoW is the community. Your sad and tired argument of "derp if you don't like it leave derp derp" is just stupid and completely unhelpful but please, continue patting Blizzard on the back for putting in as little effort as possible. You are the reason they can do this and get away with it so congratulations on letting us all down.
    No king lives forever. The community has changed and again, if WoW is no longer serving your needs, then it's time to move on and let go. Vanilla is far far different then retail is today. Even the idea of "recapturing" Vanilla via Classic WoW (and Classic BC) doesn't work because the community and foreknowledge has changed the environment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dictainabox View Post
    It's a company's responsibility to communicate that to people in order to let them know what is happening. If an organization does not take the time to address such things, people will fill in the blanks on their own. The manner in which they do so will rarely be charitable to the company.
    Eh... Do you really want Blizzard to take the time to make a presentation about how they plan on making a "roadmap of the roadmap" of development of 9.X content patches?

And for those who don't know, "roadmap of the roadmap" refers to Star Citizen's development path communication with their supporters...
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    People think that their hot takes on WoW are better than Bellular's, who's actually a professional in regular contact with Blizzard's senior developers and the most well-known community figures.
    I mean he’s the same guy who said his totally real secret blizzard contacts told him that the majority of the QA team was laid off, then when confronted on it he said it was a fact and people had to deal with it.

Then within the weak real layoff papers came
    Out and it showed 11 of over 300 QA people were let go.

It’s pretty safe to say that any contact he has with blizzard is just them using him as advertising and he has no insider info.