10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I can understand people preferring Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine over AstraZeneca, but Serbia also uses China's Sinopharm and Russia's Sputnik V.

Sinopharm trials had an efficacy of 79% against mild disease which is similar to AstraZeneca numbers (it was another Chinese vaccine that just got 50.4%), although Sputnik V allegedly has higher numbers: 92%. (The efficacy against severe disease or death is close to 100% for all vaccines.)
    Can't really build much conclusions over them having a small amount of unused AZ they give away, other than that people do not prefer them. Do people prefer Sputnil/Sinopharm? I don't have the data to speculate, for all I know they have these rotting in storage, just with longer shelf life.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florid...or-businesses/

The response from the Florida Death Cult to the ongoing pandemic, you know, where they just had to shut down spring break because thousands of zoomers were all predictably packed shoulder to shoulder getting shitty drunk in public?

Yeah, their first coronavirus legislation is...providing liability protections for businesses. Just a reminder that the Death Cult doesn't care about you and would rather you just quietly died.

A deal has been struck to produce 60million doses of Novavax in the UK and, with luck, another vaccine in our fight against CV will be available within the next couple of months.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-56570168

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.tampabay.com/news/florid...or-businesses/

The response from the Florida Death Cult to the ongoing pandemic, you know, where they just had to shut down spring break because thousands of zoomers were all predictably packed shoulder to shoulder getting shitty drunk in public?

Yeah, their first coronavirus legislation is...providing liability protections for businesses. Just a reminder that the Death Cult doesn't care about you and would rather you just quietly died.
    yup and they will have no problem exporting all these infected morons back to their home states while bragging they don't have a COVID problem.

Hows testing in FL and TX? Are the numbers still dropping like a brick?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    yup and they will have no problem exporting all these infected morons back to their home states while bragging they don't have a COVID problem.

Hows testing in FL and TX? Are the numbers still dropping like a brick?
    Oh Texas is gloating that they're setting new record lows for case numbers since vaccines are up and Abbott decided to 100% Open Texas.

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-covid...lifted-1579484

I guess when you don't report cases it makes the numbers go down.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    They had some vaccine going spare and decided to help their neighbours with a few doses that were going out of date - there's nothing more to it so why try to slag them off?!?
    He is spot-on though. I think the same would happen if Germans were able to choose, many would wait for Moderner/Phizer to be available, as they no longer trust AZ.

AZ sure hits you like a truck, I had fever, splitting headache and pain in the extremities last night, at least the fever calmed down a bit now.

Hm... The news about AstraZeneca vaccine got weirder.

Last week there was a summit in EU; many, including the BBC, reported that the EU stopped short of a vaccine export ban; https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56529868
    Now there are reports that AstraZeneca exports out from EU are stopped since yesterday; so was it a ban after all?

And in unrelated news Canada pauses AstraZeneca vaccine for under 55 due to the blood clots; https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-di...55s/a-57045682

10+ Year Old Account
    Why i am not suprised. They let people in church to bless this:

and next day we get 1000+ reported infections.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks funky, what is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Looks funky, what is it?
    Well i will just translate it from wiki:
    Butarice or other greens, and mostly olive twigs in Catholic churches bless on Palm Sunday. Believers relive the gospel event of Jesus' coming to Jerusalem by preparing olive and palm branches or other greenery. This custom dates back to the 9th century and is also known in some areas of Central Europe (Germany, the Czech Republic, Austria) and throughout Slovenia. There are different names for Cvetnonedeljske butarice depending on individual Slovenian areas and places: in Dolenjska they are called pušelj or žegen, in Bela krajina drenek, in Prekmurje and Štajerska snop, presmec or pegelj, in Gorenjska beganica, in Kranjska Gora prakelj, in Primorska veja and vivnik, in the Upper Savinja Valley potica, and in the vicinity of Ljubljana butarica or even butara. A characteristic of Ljubljanske butarice is that they are made of painted wood shavings.

I cant realy directly traslate it as word for this doesnt exist in english

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Why i am not suprised. They let people in church to bless this:
    and next day we get 1000+ reported infections.
    Don't forget to smootch jesus footsies, or you will go to hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It takes more than a day to test positive for covid after you catch it.
    Yeah, but 2 days are enogh.

Yeah, but 2 days are enogh.
    To find some cases, but mostly it takes longer. The mean has been reported around 5-6 days - and the range is 1(or 2)-14 days (although there are possibly exceptions).

So if you got 1,000+ reported infections on the second day ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant realy directly traslate it as word for this doesnt exist in english
    Ah okay. Thanks. It was enough to get the picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Religious crap gatherings were responsible for some freakish spikes around here.

Fanatical believers simply can't hold their shit, the thought of not gathering for some yet another occurrence is incomprehensible.

One guy explained to me here, that's it's basically the kind of thinking that anything comes from above and whatever you do here is temporary, while what comes after is eternal. So they don't mind, as long as it's supposedly puts them in the right place afterwards.

And it's not one specific religion, you have extremists everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    it's basically the kind of thinking that anything comes from above and whatever you do here is temporary, while what comes after is eternal. So they don't mind, as long as it's supposedly puts them in the right place afterwards.
    Yup. And who's invention was that line of thinking?
    Right: rich, powerful people that wanted to stay in control (the actual purpose of any religion) and thus preached that the "here and now" does not matter that it's okay when you don't have much etc.

It's one of the reasons why I despise religion.

Got my first appointment! Not sure which vaccine I'm getting yet, but super stoked. Finally, my freakish rheumatoid arthritis came in handy for something! So excited at the prospect of being able to safely give my vaccinated folks a nice long hug again. It's been a while.

And now Germany halts AstraZeneca vaccine for those not yet 60 - https://www.dw.com/en/germany-restri...ses/a-57049301 - seems that there's no break.
    However, the risk of getting those rare blood clots is still low; and only 9 have died it of it in total in Germany - while about 170 die every day in Germany to the virus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my first shot today. Pfizer, and my 2nd is at end of April. I'm super happy. Also, glad they finally opened it up to everyone over 18. Long overdue tbh.