Page 11 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So far someone got to point.
    Equip (More Raw Power) as a reward for people that already can "beat the game" is useless.
    After a set difficulty, rewards should change into more different rewarding rewards.
    And being mad that averege joe can have the same ilvl as you should not be a problem.
    What if max ilvl is 213 and mythic raid is just a skill demostration and reward only some glorious things
    I mean m+ after 15 do the same... ppl do +18+22+XX just for glory and THAT should be more rewarded!!!
    Again loot should be a mere tool to let ppl work to an end, someone is good with shit loot, other need every stats squish from it to beat the game

Someone make a wrong example about work....it's not like same paid work, it's about same project of work.
    U got 6month to finish a job.
    the paid is the same, but if u finish early u got some reward (not tool obviusly)
    the tool is the same (equip).
    u are super skilled and finish the job in 1 month (u are top 5% of worker) now u have free time and a super reward reconognition
    u barely finish the job in 5 and half month, u work as hard as u can (like 70% of the worker)
    What's the problem with this????

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You are packing a lot into the word "earning" there. We all think players should earn their gear. You just define earn as "Do the hardest content".
    To earn the best you should do the hardest, yes. I think all players should get good gear too. Which they do. You're acting as if I think casuals and low skilled players should be running around in greys or even greens or blues. Without any competitive content, you get 203 ilvl and a 235 lego. Gear has never been this good. Above normal raid level just for doing callings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Mythic plus is extremely stressful to me and I don't really have the kind of friends that will let me do that. Then there is also the dreaded raiderio machine I would have to submit to.

I just want to be able to earn decent gear in random BGs like I used to.
    I have a paladin I am gearing up with a friend and we are both around 160 ilvl. We made our own group for Mythic 0 and Mythic +2 and invited people who aren't even that well geared and we did them easy. Trust me, it's not hard or stressful as you may think. You may even find it refreshing.

Also to add to this, I was topping meters in some group. The content is really not that difficult, especially if you go for easier dungeons.
    Last edited by loppy88; 2021-03-30 at 07:09 PM. Reason: adding something

10+ Year Old Account
    AP grind was an "infinite" grind, not a gear acquisition system.

In fact, thanks for bringing that up, as it is proof that people like "I'm done moments", such as getting a piece of BiS gear. Systems which deny them that by being infinite, or deny them that by never allowing them to acquire BiS gear, are bad.
    The point was that the tried to add a system of character advancement that was strictly gear related and people bitched about it. The "better" reward was not more "ilvl" but rather Alternative advancements. Progressing your character is something every body wants
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

You are packing a lot into the word "earning" there. We all think players should earn their gear. You just define earn as "Do the hardest content".
    More like do the content that rewards such rewards, like every other rpg out there? There is nothing wrong with this design, the issue is that the community got spoiled by BFA titanforging and corruption, so w/e point they reached in BFA they think they should reach the same point in SL, truth is, they wont, BFA was a freebie expansion that made you think you were better than you actually are thanks to corruption, so now they are stuck in SL where you actually need to be decent to complete content, just look at the cutting edge ratio of CN vs Nyalotha and that speaks for itself, and if the issue like some people said is that they want to tackle content but they cant cause of gear, well you have blizz nerfing the raid constantly, some bosses are already on a wheelchair, go and slap them.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    To earn the best you should do the hardest, yes. I think all players should get good gear too. Which they do. You're acting as if I think casuals and low skilled players should be running around in greys or even greens or blues. Without any competitive content, you get 203 ilvl and a 235 lego. Gear has never been this good. Above normal raid level just for doing callings.
    And how will the game be worse for you if people who dont do extreme content can also slowly acquire BiS?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    I have a paladin I am gearing up with a friend and we are both around 160 ilvl. We made our own group for Mythic 0 and Mythic +2 and invited people who aren't even that well geared and we did them easy. Trust me, it's not hard or stressful as you may think. You may even find it refreshing.
    That's great but I have tried to find a welcoming and tolerant community that will invite me to keys. It is not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    More like do the content that rewards such rewards, like every other rpg out there? There is nothing wrong with this design, the issue is that the community got spoiled by BFA titanforging and corruption, so w/e point they reached in BFA they think they should reach the same point in SL, truth is, they wont, BFA was a freebie expansion that made you think you were better than you actually are thanks to corruption, so now they are stuck in SL where you actually need to be decent to complete content, just look at the cutting edge ratio of CN vs Nyalotha and that speaks for itself, and if the issue like some people said is that they want to tackle content but they cant cause of gear, well you have blizz nerfing the raid constantly, some bosses are already on a wheelchair, go and slap them.
    Every other RPG? Except for FF14, and Guild Wars 2... Need me to keep going?
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    And I find the usage of the word "prestige" to be obnoxious.

I couldn't give a damn what others think, I don't want attention nor respect in reflection of... but if I'm doing hard content I expect better gear from it... it's the same in single player RPGs doing the hard (often secret) bosses would net you a good item off it.
    I could agree but comparison with single player is just faulty: in single player you have not to rely on others to complete difficult achievements plus the rewards stay the same, no matter if you play 500 hours in one month or in one year.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    For some of these players, the gear they have is a display piece for their supposed skill, and don't like it when others have it, as it would suggest that their skill isn't all that special (which it isn't). However, ​Skill =/= better geared. There are enough mediocre players tin guilds or groups that carry them them through raids and get gear. I've seen enough bads in heroic gear of even better being total idiots and getting owned by mobs in open world content. So to a degree, this elitism is a moot point at best, but enough heroic/mythic raiders will get in here to complain that nobody than them should have it.

However, HC and mythic raiders will get in here and qq that only they should have access to such gear, and I disagree. appropriate skill or Effort should reward appropriate gear, and there should be more ways to earn good gear then there are now, maybe something in smaller or even solo play options such as tower or something. This game shouldn't be the timewasting grind for nothing that it is now. enough players spend dozens of hours in this game each week without getting anywhere, and blizz should address that.

- - - Updated - - -

that is basically keeping down opponents so they can bully them and pound them in to dust. Being more skilled should already make enough difference to win/kill their opponents, when gear also becomes a factor, it's just picking on the little guy/girl and that's just pathetic.
    ok first thing first, so I stopped reading after this loser said HC raiders deserve something. how long have you been gone from retail to think heroic even requires a brain? hope you finish finding Mankrik’s wife soon bro classic has 3 maybe 4 weeks left

Systems which deny them that by being infinite, or deny them that by never allowing them to acquire BiS gear, are bad.
    Oh here it is, the real reason, you want a system that allows you to get BiS items even if its already ingame? or you want a system that allows you to easily get BiS items? such as mmmmm titanforging maybe? i hit the jackpot here right? sorry but hopefully that never comes back, awful system.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The point was that the tried to add a system of character advancement that was strictly gear related and people bitched about it. The "better" reward was not more "ilvl" but rather Alternative advancements. Progressing your character is something every body wants
    So let everyone work on BiS gear.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    That's great but I have tried to find a welcoming and tolerant community that will invite me to keys. It is not easy.
    You don't need to find it. You make it yourself. Make your own groups, invite who you want to invite. Add people who were good/polite/fun to your friend list and if/when you want to do it again, you invite same people. Just like real life, you chose who your friends are and who you hang out with.

Oh here it is, the real reason, you want a system that allows you to get a BiS items even if its already ingame? or you want a system that allows you to easily get BiS items? such as mmmmm titanforging maybe? i hit the jackpot here right? sorry but hopefully that never comes back, awful system.
    I want a system that allows the average player to obtain some BiS, at a relatively slow rate in many cases, by doing normal endgame content rather than a fringe extreme difficulty mode that only a handful of people do.

I do not want a system of showering people in randomized gear.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Why does mythic raid end boss drop loot? You obviously don't need the loot drop if you killed the boss before his drops.
    To make subsequent boss kills easier to do? Come on, it is not that difficult.

And how will the game be worse for you if people who dont do extreme content can also slowly acquire BiS?
    I've explained multiple times but you don't care. So ill ask the opposite. If gear you get from content you do is more than enough to do it easily, why do you care that other ppl are wearing slightly better gear? Why do you care what these other players are wearing?

You don't need to find it. You make it yourself. Make your own groups, invite who you want to invite. Add people who were good/polite/fun to your friend list and if/when you want to do it again, you invite same people. Just like real life, you chose who your friends are and who you hang out with.
    You wont get to him, its just another case of "i had a couple bad experiences so the content is awful and the community around it is awful and i wont partake in such an abomination", its almost like "i did 5 m+ with illidan players and they were toxic so everyone on illidan is toxic" which is stupid on every level, and yes some people believe this.

I don't have any friends and I'm just not that socially adept. M+ the first times I tried it were also extremely stressful. One wrong step equals a death and that screws over not just you, which means you get yelled at.

I just want to do random battlegrounds and quest/gather on my own. But if I can't have a chance to survive then what place do I have in the game?

You wont get to him, its just another case of "i had a couple bad experiences so the content is awful and the community around it is awful and i wont partake in such an abomination", its almost like "i did 5 m+ with illidan players and they were toxic so everyone on illidan is toxic" which is stupid on every level, and yes some people believe this.
    I was him

I want a system that allows the average player to obtain some BiS, at a relatively slow rate in many cases, by doing normal endgame content rather than a fringe extreme difficulty mode that only a handful of people do.

I do not want a system of showering people in randomized gear.
    That is ingame tho? in the form of great vault? you do your +14s weekly and you get 226 loot, and yes +14s are by far easier than mythic raiding as a whole, if you cant do +14, just do +12s and you gear yourself with 223 slowly until you can start doing +14s and so on, or wait, is this too slow for you and you want a better and faster system? getting mythic gear without mythic raiding isnt good enough for you?