Poll: Does WoW Need a New Direction If 9.1 Flops?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: If 9.1 Bombs...

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    First off, I enjoy commenting on this shitshow. Second, if you think I am overly dramatic now, you really don't know what I am capable of. And third, you can't say they are doing well, because you, and we, have no idea how they are doing. Sometimes they fart out a controversial change that not even Taliesen can defend, but otherwise there is total radio silence. They don't communicate with players because they don't care about them. And because they take them and their money for granted.

You do know that's not what getting back on schedule means, right? The expansion won't come out way sooner and the last raid tier won't magically be five months long. At best we will get back to six months between raid tiers and 10 months after the final raid tier (you know, the average. If you really think this will make the drought smaller, you really have no concept of what a delay is.
    Your post, and my post: both opinions, and neither of us have any of the facts because neither of us work for Blizz or can see their release schedule,or delays. Maybe instead of overanalyzing and complaining about things beyond your control, you could simply find something else to do in the real world until your next patch arrives.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    Your post, and my post: both opinions, and neither of us have any of the facts because neither of us work for Blizz or can see their release schedule,or delays. Maybe instead of overanalyzing and complaining about things beyond your control, you could simply find something else to do in the real world until your next patch arrives.
    Like I said, I enjoy analyzing things. And MY patch will come mid April. From a company that treats me better during a pandemic than Blizzard outside a pandemic. However I hope for a day when everyone gets treated the way they should without the need of changing games. Not everyone likes the same things, you know.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Shadowlands as a whole bombs, the team needs an overhaul. Simple as that.

As solo Director Ion's been responsible for Legion, BFA, and SL. So far I'd argue he's at best 1-for-3 on producing passable expansions. 0-for-3 on good ones.

He was assistant director during WoD as well so toss that in and his record gets worse.

Sooner or later enough has to be enough and Blizz has to see Ion, though he may be a good developer, does not have a matching ideal with the playerbase. If SL bombs, I think it's sooner more than later.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

5+ Year Old Account
    "Damnit Blizz, you are taking 2 days longer than you said you would! GG losers!".
    More like three months, actually, but you're doing quite fine for someone who complains so much about hyperbole and what not. Keep up the good work
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    i doubt it has as much to do with the team as it does their corporate overlords. I mean there is plenty of evidence that the people actually working on this game still have a passion for it
    Oh yeah, let's keep blaming Bobby Kotick for every single thing. No, it needs to be said, the devs are incompetent (except from the sound & art department) And are they unhappy for getting cuts etc. ? Well, boo fucking hoo, looking at the world right now and how the economy has been going downhill for the last 10 years and what I had to deal with personally, forgive me for not giving a damn. They should quit and call it a day if they're unhappy, and some of the dev leads should pack their stale ideas and step down.

Like I said, I enjoy analyzing things. And MY patch will come mid April. From a company that treats me better during a pandemic than Blizzard outside a pandemic. However I hope for a day when everyone gets treated the way they should without the need of changing games. Not everyone likes the same things, you know.
    It's true. Some of us don't take things so personally and simply let the company function under its own power,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    More like three months, actually, but you're doing quite fine for someone who complains so much about hyperbole and what not. Keep up the good work
    I'm glad you found the irony in my sarcastic hyperbole. Restores my faith in strangers.

What's up with towellie's contact ?

5+ Year Old Account
    It's true. Some of us don't take things so personally and simply let the company function under its own power,
    *glances casually at your other comment*

Consider me unconvinced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by malasio View Post
    The one he sees every day in the bathroom mirror?

What’s up with his contact? His contact said a launch of 9.1 in June is optimistic and August more likely. He didn’t say anything specific.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

*glances casually at your other comment*

Consider me unconvinced.
    Consider me uninterested. Have a nice day.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly probably a case of "This person got one thing right so they must have everything right."

We see it usually every patch cycle around here. Someone either does have info or guesses right one cycle comes back 2 years later and just posts absolute bullshit and we believe them.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The zones just aren't fun. They're way too much of a chore to navigate without flying.

How about no? I mean a bad film won't become better in hindsight. I like the memes, but what I've found bad about them is still bad. The sequels are worse, but that won't make them any less bad. I appreciate that they tried to innovate and not just rip off the old movies, but that's it.

Back on topic, I think it is time we started hyping 10.0 I don't think Shadowlands will be much better.
    This is the wrong opinion to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    The zones just aren't fun. They're way too much of a chore to navigate without flying.
    Agreed. With each Shadowlands zone being it's own separated island, it makes everything feel so disconnected, and a chore to get around. Throw on top if it always needing to go through Oribos to travel between zones, and taking a long time, it just makes it annoying and a less fun game to play.

World Quests totally sucking this expansion doesn't help either. They are boring and tedious and take awhile, and just aren't fun, but more like going to work at the factory job, punch in and do your grind. And the WQ rewards are completely worthless and offer zero upgrade, and the little Anima they give are a joke.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2021-03-31 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Agreed. With each Shadowlands zone being it's own separated island, it makes everything feel so disconnected, and a chore to get around. Throw on top if it always needing to go through Oribos to travel between zones, and taking a long time, it just makes it annoying and a less fun game to play.

World Quests totally sucking this expansion doesn't help either. They are boring and tedious and take awhile, and just aren't fun, but more like going to work at the factory job, punch in and do your grind. And the WQ rewards are completely worthless and offer zero upgrade, and the little Anima they give are a joke.
    I really miss having a seamless connected world. I hope they never attempt this kind of zone design ever again.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    When will you guys get it.

WoW has no competition when it comes to actual gameplay content that doesnt last only a few hours.

WoW isnt perfect, but if you guys actually played any MMO to an appropriate level, you would understand how bug free and well made WoW is, even at this state when the average bugs are more since they are overlapping new mechanics and counterbalance things and they fuck it up, and some extra sloppy work that produces extra bugs.

Even at this state, its 99% better than any other MMO out there when it comes to quality of content.

You just have no experience of actual atrocities in other games to have a comparison cause you were either too slow or never actually reached the content.

WoW will die when it stops releasing new patches, aka new raids, accept it, enjoy the content level you are doing, play the other games also, if you dont have 13-36e to spare every year to see the content they add, then you have bigger problems in life to deal with.

This is why this expansion is insanely good for me, after the initial first month of farming, i can -choose- what i wanna farm/do/which character, i am not forced to irrelevant daily grinds, and if i dont feel like it, i can play the other 10 games i am playing now and then.

I dont understand this logic that somehow you must be playing 1 game and thats it.
    Are you kidding? I moved to FF14 a couple months ago, it is the better game in damn near every respect.

I mean, if by "The WoW team would need a serious overhaul of talent" you mean removing Ion from game designer along with the people asking devs what to code then yes, of course, go for it!
    But otherwise, devs are doing what they're told. Talent is not an issue there.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    I really miss having a seamless connected world. I hope they never attempt this kind of zone design ever again.
    They were pretty much universally told this in Cata iirc. I don't understand why they did it again, when Pandaria, Draenor, the BI and Zandalar/KT were pretty much a single continent (or just two, in the case of the latter).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    They're not.
    People not willing to improve themselves is not the same as people complaining about receiving upgrades from content they don't enjoy.
    A likes easy dungeons. A doesn't like hard dungeons. A is not refusing to improve himself, he just doesn't like hard dungeons. So A doesn't play anymore. There are many A's so Blizz makes dungeons easier. Thats what happened during Cata.
    How is that so hard to understand?
    Last edited by Yriel; 2021-03-31 at 07:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If 9.1 bombs, then that's more time for me to work on Outriders, D2, D4, Overwatch 2, Destiny 2, Horizon Zero Dawn (finally get around to playing it), Hades, and/or Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
    Putin khuliyo