Page 14 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    I used to be able to get decent gear doing what I liked, random battlegrounds. I just want to be able to do that again.
    What this guy said. It came much slower, sure, but we could work toward it over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I dont do pvp much anymore so I can't help you. Id recommend starting rated pvp at beginning of a season for best shot. Wow has never had great pvp imo
    He. Doesn't. Want. To. Play. With. The. Sewer. Creatures. In. Organized. Content.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    What this guy said. It came much slower, sure, but we could work toward it over time.
    Precisely, and I was happy with that.

Someone having better gear than me doesn't mean I'm not having fun
    Good for you, but as I've needed to explain to you roughly 758 times: Every player is not like you. Can you step outside your own ego for thirty fucking seconds?
    -ynnady

I dont do pvp much anymore so I can't help you. Id recommend starting rated pvp at beginning of a season for best shot. Wow has never had great pvp imo
    Yes, but the same blizzard make "ARENA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP" where player got all the equip they need, they got checked the all is in line with other (balance)....
    ....so.... feels like they have the solution.....only for make more money in championship and e-sport....

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Wooooooaaaah, I never said that the mythic raider shouldn't get cooler *looking* gear. I'm all for cosmetics for extreme content achievements.

The fact that casual content is so remarkably unrewarding leads players to feel burnt out and discouraged, which makes them leave the game. Endless grinds do not keep players around. You end up with people saying "I guess I'll just come back next patch" and then often they don't even bother with that.

You still have failed to provide a single solitary reason why the game is less fun for mythic raiders if other people can more slowly get BiS gear.
    You get more casual gear faster than BiS gear that best players get. You get showered in casual gear. Seems pretty rewarding to me

- - - Updated - - -

Good for you, but as I've needed to explain to you roughly 758 times: Every player is not like you. Can you step outside your own ego for thirty fucking seconds?
    You're the one with the ego lol. You think every player should get BiS gear. Huge ego in thinking that

You get more casual gear faster than BiS gear that best players get. You get showered in casual gear. Seems pretty rewarding to me
    If the gear provides no sense of completion, it doesn't matter. People need an end point to target. You are demanding that the end point be wildly out of reach for the vast majority of players to appease a handful of toxic weirdos that can't have fun unless other people are being denied things.

- - - Updated - - -

You're the one with the ego lol. You think every player should get BiS gear. Huge ego in thinking that
    Yes, people who play wow should have fun, so that they don't MASS EXODUS a few months after every expansion and the game gets less and less resources dedicated to it by Blizzard.

You are signing the game's death warrant out of sheer arrogance.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    Yes, but the same blizzard make "ARENA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP" where player got all the equip they need, they got checked the all is in line with other (balance)....
    ....so.... feels like they have the solution.....only for make more money in championship and e-sport....
    You realize that to get there they climb the pvp ladder like everyone else right? you realize this is a special realm made cause those players already proved their skill right? you should come up with a better example, if there is one that is.

If the gear provides no sense of completion, it doesn't matter. People need an end point to target. You are demanding that the end point be wildly out of reach for the vast majority of players to appease a handful of toxic weirdos that can't have fun unless other people are being denied things.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, people who play wow should have fun, so that they don't MASS EXODUS a few months after every expansion and the game gets less and less resources dedicated to it by Blizzard.

I'm demanding you decide your own end point based on your skill. I'll never reach 2400 or mythic slg or sire. So 233 weapons are unobtainable for me. I un include them from my goal gear list. Wanting things just cause other ppl have them is straight up jealousy

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You
    Can
    Have
    Fun
    Without
    Absolute
    BiS

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Every other RPG? Except for FF14, and Guild Wars 2... Need me to keep going?
    Yes. I don't think my play time justifies a sub and I didn't like GW2, looking for more ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I could agree but comparison with single player is just faulty: in single player you have not to rely on others to complete difficult achievements plus the rewards stay the same, no matter if you play 500 hours in one month or in one year.
    Can confirm. I love difficult content in video games; its the difficult content with other people I no longer enjoy. (Mage tower was neat)
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

He. Doesn't. Want. To. Play. With. The. Sewer. Creatures. In. Organized. Content.
    If thats your outlook on your fellow players I think its a good thing you aren't playing. 99% of ppl i meet are very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Effort should reflect reward... otherwise what incentive is there to do harder content?
    Grinding is also effort. There really isn't incentive to do harder content, period. If the game actually reflected rewards for effort rather than difficulty gating, people would have different reasons to do the harder content than for those exclusive rewards. And if they don't do the content, then they don't do the content, which can be said of any endeavour you consider optional like Professions or Battle Pets or PVP.

Guild Wars 2 never really had a problem with having optional hard content in the game despite all the gearing stats remaining fairly static at the end-game.

Consider there are games like Diablo series where you can farm up BIS with all manners of different ways to go about it. Since the drops are a matter of RNG, it doesn't really matter what type of content you choose to do. It's all about time and effort, and the RNG is equal and fair no matter if you choose to do something safe like Bloody Hills runs or farm up some Ubers. The chance to drop may be higher with difficulty, but you have equal chances of obtaining BIS with time and effort.

WoW artificially gates this so that you are forced into one type of progression if you want any chance of obtaining BIS. That's really the only difference. It's not that people won't do it if there is no incentive; you can have any number of side progression systems in place that don't involve BIS gear drops. The BIS is gated to intentionally have people chasing that carrot on a stick every tier.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-03-30 at 08:37 PM.

I'm demanding you decide your own end point based on your skill. I'll never reach 2400 or mythic slg or sire. So 233 weapons are unobtainable for me. I un include them from my goal gear list. Wanting things just cause other ppl have them is straight up jealousy

- - - Updated - - -

You
    Can
    Have
    Fun
    Without
    Absolute
    BiS
    You can keep stating that people should have fun that way, but THEY DON'T, so your continued insistence is just delusional at this point.

It's not about wanting what other people have. It is about being able to target an end point for any given patch so that you can get a sense of completion and avoid burnout. Do you care more about your ego, or about the health of the game? Do you care more about lecturing people about how they should play, or about the health of the game?
    -ynnady

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    You don't need to find it. You make it yourself. Make your own groups, invite who you want to invite. Add people who were good/polite/fun to your friend list and if/when you want to do it again, you invite same people. Just like real life, you chose who your friends are and who you hang out with.
    I think the point he was making is that what he found fun; was popping on, running random bgs, and logging off and he misses that being a valid playstayle. Not building communities. He doesn't want to have to build communities, he wants to do what he did before that was enjoyable.

If thats your outlook on your fellow players I think its a good thing you aren't playing. 99% of ppl i meet are very nice
    Toxic people never see the toxicity, because they already wreak of sewer.
    -ynnady

You can keep stating that people should have fun that way, but THEY DON'T, so your continued insistence is just delusional at this point.

It's not about wanting what other people have. It is about being able to target an end point for any given patch so that you can get a sense of completion and avoid burnout. Do you care more about your ego, or about the health of the game? Do you care more about lecturing people about how they should play, or about the health of the game?
    In your opinion. Please tell me again for the 15th year that wow is dying

- - - Updated - - -

Toxic people never see the toxicity, because they already wreak of sewer.
    I join group. I say hello. They say hello back. After a particularly rough pull i say "whoa spicy lol". Get 1 or 2 "haha"s. Complete dungeon. Everyonr thanks each other. Carry on. Doesnt smell like sewer near me

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    why do casuals think they deserve full 226 when they dont run high keys, high rated pvp, or mythic raiding?
    Thing is they dont think about deserving gear like some people do. They just get bored when their gear progression is stopped and leave the game.

In your opinion. Please tell me again for the 15th year that wow is dying
    Half of wow players have quit since SL launched. That is the entire boost from SL, gone. Blizzard highlighted TBC Classic over retail at Blizzcon. 9.1 is going to take as long as it took us to get to the second patch in some expansions. This is a delay like has never happened before. You are in denial if you can't see the red flags here.

Is the game going to shut off or stop producing content? No, but at this rate you can say goodbye to your large expansions with frequent content updates. They aren't going to give the game those kind of resources if it can't retain players. But you'll still have your precious ego, so thank god for that.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    correct, now what kind of reward? more power? more unique? more recognition?
    and this can be misleaded, like for a super good player effort is lower then an average joe player, so.... do the uber player get lower reward cause for him was easy???
    No. Just most skilled players should get the best items in the entire game.

Why a random joe needs to get better gear to kill LFR bosses faster?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    This is gonna be interpreted in so many different ways just to fit people's narrative xd good luck with that.
    Yeah just noted. lol

I join group. I say hello. They say hello back. After a particularly rough pull i say "whoa spicy lol". Get 1 or 2 "haha"s. Complete dungeon. Everyonr thanks each other. Carry on. Doesnt smell like sewer near me
    Yes, the repeated rape threats (including the one guy that tried to dox her) my wife got were just people being spicy.
    -ynnady