Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Procrustes View Post
    Which one? The one that you can switch spec on the go, according to what you deal with?

If we are talking about going to a trainer and maybe a smaller fee, then it’s not a big deal in my opinion.

Many people consider TBC AND WotLK to be Classic expansions. For me Wrath, is closer to Retail, than to Vanilla. And (lots of) people ask for WotLK features, to bee implemented in TBC.

We are all Classic Heretics. We love the core of the game, but we dislike some element/s of it.
    I think the dual spec version we had in wrath was go respec at your trainer. I'd welcome that one.

I really dont think it has any downsides.

Make it cost 1 or 5k gold. I'm down for either. Make it work only if your main spec is tank or healer. Fine with me aswell

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    it is a huge QOL change but it doesnt have any impact on performance it doesnt change the game in a radical way it just makes life so much better for everyone
    Contrary to what you think, this would indeed impact performance in a drastic way. This would allow guilds to swap out tanks/healers/dps for another role simply by letting them go to a main city and swap to the needed spec for that one boss fight and then go back to their other spec immediately after the boss (GG warlocks being able to summon someone right back to the raid instead of them having to get a summon from the summoning stone outside and having to run all the way to the raid once they are at the instance).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    if you are a resto druid in raid you get only resto items, dont ask for agi for your feral spec
    Since when do guilds give loot to a player who mains one spec but wants it for another spec over giving it to someone who is main spec for that raid and needs it for their main spec? If you main a resto druid you should be getting int/spirit gear first and if that agility user doesn't need the item it should go go you the resto druid second then it should be sharded if you don't need it. You are literally asking for equal need for gear that someone else uses for a primary spec who could probably use it in the raid he got it in unlike you who would get it, sit in your bag until you go switch out to feral in town, or until you get a full set of agility gear so you can go feral. Yeah don't see your desire for agility gear as a resto druid as a priority ever.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Contrary to what you think, this would indeed impact performance in a drastic way. This would allow guilds to swap out tanks/healers/dps for another role simply by letting them go to a main city and swap to the needed spec for that one boss fight and then go back to their other spec immediately after the boss (GG warlocks being able to summon someone right back to the raid instead of them having to get a summon from the summoning stone outside and having to run all the way to the raid once they are at the instance).

Since when do guilds give loot to a player who mains one spec but wants it for another spec over giving it to someone who is main spec for that raid and needs it for their main spec? If you main a resto druid you should be getting int/spirit gear first and if that agility user doesn't need the item it should go go you the resto druid second then it should be sharded if you don't need it. You are literally asking for equal need for gear that someone else uses for a primary spec who could probably use it in the raid he got it in unlike you who would get it, sit in your bag until you go switch out to feral in town, or until you get a full set of agility gear so you can go feral. Yeah don't see your desire for agility gear as a resto druid as a priority ever.
    For people who need to do this, its already possible. Like literally. You can already do that oO

I agree that dual spec should be in TBC, it is simply better. I think its pointless to have it have to be at the trainer. Should just be click and done.
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    In the cases where a guild needs additional DPS and fewer Tanks/Heals (keyword: need), do you think they aren’t already doing this?

The alternative is benching a Tank/Healer, which is both a shit experience and a net neutral on the amount of summons.

I quite don't understand ppl who says dual spec is gonna be bad for TBC while at the same time they are saying the cost of chaning specs is virtually negligible due to the inflation. If its so negliglible, why not removing it enterely? This way new players, or players who didn't play till the end of classic will be on the same ground as ppl with tens of thousands of gold

no thanks, QOL upgrades from the "future" dont belong in tbc classic.

even the drums changes are questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

Are you a fan of the way classic turned out?

It would make tbc better but dual spec wasnt in tbc. So hopefully they don't add it in.

Adding dual-spec adds an additonial layer of loot drama and considerations.

Having everyone only caring about MS loot, is reflective of the ratio of loot dropped in the TBC raids.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Are you a fan of the way classic turned out?
    Yes its okay, often more fun than retail.

Yes its okay, often more fun than retail.
    Cool with the farming for specific classes?

Cool with the wb meta making content even easier then it needed to be?

Just cools all around

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    dual spec : better for dungeons , better quality arena games, better to help out the raid when there is need ... i wonder what downside there is besides the loud crying from the nochange guys

its not even about money , i would even pay 5-10k so i could tank for the guild then farm for myself.. sometime i just want 20 min where i have time and i could farm by myself
    Well the no change guys don’t really have a leg to stand on since there’s already big changes (seal twisting and seal of blood for alliance).
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

I think the dual spec version we had in wrath was go respec at your trainer. I'd welcome that one.

I really dont think it has any downsides.

Make it cost 1 or 5k gold. I'm down for either. Make it work only if your main spec is tank or healer. Fine with me aswell
    Im all for having a dual spec in BC. Then I could DPS and heal/tank with my Paladin.

That said - it would suck ALOT if they put it in and made it cost over 1k gold each time. I dont play this game to farm gold, I never have and never will. Im saying this as someone who has played since vanilla. I have always had flasks, enchants and all that on my characters, but I have never for one second decided to spend alot of time farming gold.

If something like this was added to BC, I would suddenly have to. Or not, and miss out a great way to play the game.

Either just add it for free or dont at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool with the farming for specific classes?

Cool with the wb meta making content even easier then it needed to be?

Just cools all around
    im playing my paladin now(level 51) and I would SO like having holy spec ready to go. Either for dungeons or certain group quests out in the world.

Im happy playing ret(yes I play ret, easier and quicker for questing), but it would be nice having the choice of swapping into holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Procrustes View Post
    Which one? The one that you can switch spec on the go, according to what you deal with?

If we are talking about going to a trainer and maybe a smaller fee, then it’s not a big deal in my opinion.

Many people consider TBC AND WotLK to be Classic expansions. For me Wrath, is closer to Retail, than to Vanilla. And (lots of) people ask for WotLK features, to bee implemented in TBC.

We are all Classic Heretics. We love the core of the game, but we dislike some element/s of it.
    Wrath is closer to retail than vanilla not based on release though. The initial expansion launched in a state that was pretty similar to Classic and BC. The only real difference I could notice right away were the dramatic changes to the talent trees.
    Not small things like buffing talents, moving them around, or adding a new row, but like... They had this mentality that "cookie cutter specs" were bad for the game and wanted to make it basically impossible for a normal human to know what was the best way to build their character without assistance from simulations. I really prefer Classic and TBC's approach to talents.

But the major stuff like heroic mode, various lockouts, match making systems for PvE content... All of that was added later. I believe the Activision merger happened around the time that Wrath launched, so I assume a lot of the expansion was finalized before Activision started to bleed through.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    There's some logic for ya
    Thats the "classic #NoChanges" logic - mind blowing really, isnt it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I don't play Classic, I won't play BC when it comes out, but I will say that freely changing between specs is one of the best updates to the game ever
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

What change?
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What change?
    Basically, go down the "progressive route" as far as drum changes are concerned.
    We get shit drums (8yrd radius + cast time) now and once 2.3 hits, we get new drums with a new recipe at 40yrd range.

In other words, drum rotation + LW requirement will be there for entirety of TBC, but will be more of a pain to pull off until 2.3, if those changes go live.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Basically, go down the "progressive route" as far as drum changes are concerned.
    We get shit drums (8yrd radius + cast time) now and once 2.3 hits, we get new drums with a new recipe at 40yrd range.

In other words, drum rotation + LW requirement will be there for entirety of TBC, but will be more of a pain to pull off until 2.3, if those changes go live.
    So what is the CHANGE - how does the end result differ from TBC?