Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    It's more luck to meet the right ppl.
    In one season i got the gladiator title. Before I met my team I played on 1600. Then made gladiator in a couple of weeks.

You can be top 1% but unless you meet other 1% ppl your rating will always just be average.
    The amount of shitty teammates I had to go through until I finally met some decent people...
    And by decent I mean simply able to press Ice Block in time. Basic awareness. Stuff like that.
    I'm no slouch but carrying someone when you have a 200ilvl simply wasn't going to happen if the average enemy had 5-10k hp worth of gear advantage.

They should let everyone upgrade gear to max ilvl without any rating restrictions, maybe for a huge amount of honor or something just for the sheer determination of playing thousands of games, and ... for good rating give players elite look, just very good looking weapons and armors and enchants and mounts and etc... Gladiators already have the skill, now they also have the gear, how can noobs even compete in bad gear, if they need rating to get good gear, they can't even make rating in the first place to maximize gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzembwamugumbwalchu View Post
    They should let everyone upgrade gear to max ilvl without any rating restrictions, maybe for a huge amount of honor or something just for the sheer determination of playing thousands of games, and ... for good rating give players elite look, just very good looking weapons and armors and enchants and mounts and etc... Gladiators already have the skill, now they also have the gear, how can noobs even compete in bad gear, if they need rating to get good gear, they can't even make rating in the first place to maximize gear.
    If they did what you are suggesting here is what would happen:

A) People would then just bitch about how grindy the game is.

B) It would just shift the line from the have and the have-nots from what it is today to a demarcation between those who have a shitload of time to dump into the game and those who do not. Why would it be fair for you to grind to 226 gear when the guy who only has a few hours a day to play is stuck at 213 (or lower)?

They have tried to take gear out of PvP before and, in my opinion, it's never worked. In an MMO, gear progression is a major driving force of engagement and retention. I wish they would just fix MMR to take into account the high points reached in all brackets during the season and also weigh ilvl to some extent. I do not think the complaints are as much about the fundamental nature of gear progression as they are about seeing heavily geared and experienced players in lower brackets.

Well there was a good solution a few expansions ago.
    Everyone could buy every gear.
    Gear cost around 1000 conquest per piece
    At 1000 rating you would get about 1k conquest a week
    At 2k rating you would get 2k conquest per week.
    The catch up was 1k conquest per week.

This leads to 2k players to get their gear twice as fast.
    But eventually everyone would have a chance to get great gear and compete.
    This was the best system.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    If they did what you are suggesting here is what would happen:

A) People would then just bitch about how grindy the game is.

B) It would just shift the line from the have and the have-nots from what it is today to a demarcation between those who have a shitload of time to dump into the game and those who do not. Why would it be fair for you to grind to 226 gear when the guy who only has a few hours a day to play is stuck at 213 (or lower)?

They have tried to take gear out of PvP before and, in my opinion, it's never worked. In an MMO, gear progression is a major driving force of engagement and retention. I wish they would just fix MMR to take into account the high points reached in all brackets during the season and also weigh ilvl to some extent. I do not think the complaints are as much about the fundamental nature of gear progression as they are about seeing heavily geared and experienced players in lower brackets.
    They took out gear in legion and it was the best expansion for PvP, ask any PvPer how they feel about legion and they'll tell you it was great, only issue was artifact unlocks which made some classes irrelevant until they got certain passives

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    They took out gear in legion and it was the best expansion for PvP, ask any PvPer how they feel about legion and they'll tell you it was great, only issue was artifact unlocks which made some classes irrelevant until they got certain passives
    I'm a PvPer and I thought it was shit. Removing the relevance of gear (being obtained from core activities, i.e., PvP) from an MMO is dumb AF IMO.

*ps Your memory is also very poor. Legendary acquisition was jenky RNG AF and was a huge problem due to how imbalanced they were until later in the expansion when everyone could finally get what they wanted. This was a much bigger problem than the deterministic artifact unlocks.
    Last edited by Trend; 2021-03-30 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    It's more luck to meet the right ppl.
    In one season i got the gladiator title. Before I met my team I played on 1600. Then made gladiator in a couple of weeks.

You can be top 1% but unless you meet other 1% ppl your rating will always just be average.
    I'd also add that playing a "meta" comp is pretty important too. I've messed around with some random people/comps and dropped 150 points this week, which is painful. It's fine, like I can get it back, but it feels so much worse to try out comps than to just play what is easy.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I'm a PvPer and I thought it was shit. Removing the relevance of gear (being obtained from core activities, i.e., PvP) from an MMO is dumb AF IMO.

*ps Your memory is also very poor. Legendary acquisition was jenky RNG AF and was a huge problem due to how imbalanced they were until later in the expansion when everyone could finally get what they wanted. This was a much bigger problem than the deterministic artifact unlocks.
    Legendaries didn't even work in pvp, goes to show how much of a pvper you are LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    Legendaries didn't even work in pvp, goes to show how much of a pvper you are LOL
    You're right, I do have a poor memory. But using that as proof that I don't PvP is stupid. Just like thinking that you speak for all PvPers is stupid. Different people have different preferences and yours are simply yours and are not representative of some artificial block of people.