Page 15 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Half of wow players have quit since SL launched. That is the entire boost from SL, gone. Blizzard highlighted TBC Classic over retail at Blizzcon. 9.1 is going to take as long as it took us to get to the second patch in some expansions. This is a delay like has never happened before. You are in denial if you can't see the red flags here.

Is the game going to shut off or stop producing content? No, but at this rate you can say goodbye to your large expansions with frequent content updates. They aren't going to give the game those kind of resources if it can't retain players. But you'll still have your precious ego, so thank god for that.
    Based off of unconfirmed numbers from a streamer. And we lose at least half a month or 2 after every xpac. Im not gonna make a post saying population almost doubled!!!!!! After 9.1 does hit. Dont worry, wow isn't gonna go anywhere. Itll be alright

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the repeated rape threats (including the one guy that tried to dox her) my wife got were just people being spicy.
    Were u in top content when that happened? As other poster said, its usually the ppl in low to mid that believe theu shld be higher that act like that. I've found sticking to my skill difficulty avoids most toxicity. And this is the internet. Ppl gonna say mean things, it's not right but just report, ignore, move on

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    There are other online games with far better communities.
    Name a few please lol. I'd love a new game to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No. Just most skilled players should get the best items in the entire game.

Why a random joe needs to get better gear to kill LFR bosses faster?
    If you flattened the absurd gear inflation, higher end gear would be more relevant to low end content than it is now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    FF14, GW2, Destiny 2, Dead by Daylight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Based off of unconfirmed numbers from a streamer. And we lose at least half a month or 2 after every xpac. Im not gonna make a post saying population almost doubled!!!!!! After 9.1 does hit. Dont worry, wow isn't gonna go anywhere. Itll be alright

- - - Updated - - -

Were u in top content when that happened? As other poster said, its usually the ppl in low to mid that believe theu shld be higher that act like that. I've found sticking to my skill difficulty avoids most toxicity. And this is the internet. Ppl gonna say mean things, it's not right but just report, ignore, move on
    She plays lots of online games and has never encountered the volume of insane harassment she got in WoW. Not even close.

The numbers I was talking about are from Nielsen, the top entertainment analytics firm on the planet.

You want to live in a fantasy world where 7 months to first patch and practically ignoring retail wow during blizzcon is just business as usual, you are welcome to that kind of absurd delusion.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    titles and achievements mean 1000 times less than gear
    Idk people seem to care a lot about achievements in pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    Thing is they dont think about deserving gear like some people do. They just get bored when their gear progression is stopped and leave the game.
    Because they want to, not because the content that allows them to isnt ingame, tho its worth noting that the gap is quite too big atm, theres nothing wrong with adding some valor upgrades to covenant armor up to 207 ilvl or so or something along those lines, but more than that and you start removing relevance of the other organized content, starting from normal raiding on 210, so if they want to progress further from covenant armor 207, then tackle normal, some m+ and so on until they kill mythic Sire, from 0 to hero, pretty much.
    Last edited by Frozenbro; 2021-03-30 at 08:38 PM.

If you flattened the absurd gear inflation, higher end gear would be more relevant to low end content than it is now.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

She plays lots of online games and has never encountered the volume of insane harassment she got in WoW. Not even close.

The numbers I was talking about are from Nielsen, the top entertainment analytics firm on the planet.

You want to live in a fantasy world where 7 months to first patch and practically ignoring retail wow during blizzcon is just business as usual, you are welcome to that kind of absurd delusion.
    And you can believe wow is dying. Not a new concept at all lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Because they want to, not because the content that allows them to isnt ingame, tho its worth noting that the gap is quite too big atm, theres nothing wrong with adding some valor upgrades to covenant armor up to 207 ilvl or so, but more than that and you start removing relevance of the other organized content, starting from normal raiding on 210, so if they want to progress further from covenant armor 207, then tackle normal, some m+ and so on until they kill mythic Sire, from 0 to hero, pretty much.
    They don't want to progress. The fastest way for someone to unsub is for that players to be pushed into content they don't find fun as their only thing left to do. That player is then more likely to quit the game for good.

- - - Updated - - -

And you can believe wow is dying. Not a new concept at all lol
    You can keep ignoring reality by pretending that I am saying wow is going to shut off or something, but if you think wow can have terrible player retentiona nd keep getting activision resources, you are not living in the real world. This expansion was very, very small and so was BFA. 7 months to first patch. Ignored at Blizzcon. You want to stick your fingers in your ears and pretend all is well, but we are going to see less and less and less content. I mean this fucking patch that is taking 7 months is PART of a new zone, one dungeon, and a raid.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    So let everyone work on BiS gear.
    Agreed but the crying would never end
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

You can keep stating that people should have fun that way, but THEY DON'T, so your continued insistence is just delusional at this point.

It's not about wanting what other people have. It is about being able to target an end point for any given patch so that you can get a sense of completion and avoid burnout. Do you care more about your ego, or about the health of the game? Do you care more about lecturing people about how they should play, or about the health of the game?
    The game's health is unimportant, all things considered. It's intentionally made to be cyclical with people chasing BIS as if it were a carrot on a stick, and that carrot refreshes itself every tier and every expansion.

If we're talking about the game's health, we're talking about how best to exploit the consumer, because a healthy game hinges on the most efficient way to exploit the consumer's time and interest. Food for thought.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-03-30 at 08:46 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Tried the first 3, not a fan of looter shooters and didn't like GW2s story. FF14 is amazing and I try to resub at least once a year. But I just don't have the time to justify a sub these days.

Haven't tried dead by daylight before looks neat, think I'll give that a go next, tyty.
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Tried the first 3, not a fan of looter shooters and didn't like GW2s story. FF14 is amazing and I try to resub at least once a year. But I just don't have the time to justify a sub these days.

Haven't tried dead by daylight before looks neat, think I'll give that a go next, tyty.
    YW, DbD is super fun, just don't go into it with a competitive mindset.
    -ynnady

They don't want to progress. The fastest way for someone to unsub is for that players to be pushed into content they don't find fun as their only thing left to do. That player is then more likely to quit the game for good.
    Then what, create a single player progression path that rewards you 226 gear so you eventually say "im done with my toon" thats made specifically of what little Jimmy enjoys so that every other progression path is useless since "little Jimmy's single player progression path" is braindead so theres no reason to do any other content? sounds like mythic +15s no cd spam loot shower invalidating Heroic Raiding in BFA, great design indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Then what, create a single player progression path that rewards you 226 gear so you eventually say "im done with my toon" thats made specifically of what little Jimmy enjoys so that every other progression path is useless since "little Jimmy's single progression path" is braindead so theres no reason to do any other content? sounds like mythic +15s invalidating Heroic Raiding in BFA, great design indeed.
    It works fine in Destiny 2. Everyone can chase maxed-out gear, but people who challenging content get there faster and get special types of gear other people can't get, but the ilvl remains the same. It works fine in F14. It works fine in GW2. WoW is the odd one out with this design that only caters to the top 5%.
    -ynnady

The rewards should match the content

I join group. I say hello. They say hello back. After a particularly rough pull i say "whoa spicy lol". Get 1 or 2 "haha"s. Complete dungeon. Everyonr thanks each other. Carry on. Doesnt smell like sewer near me
    I'm sure your group went pretty smooth, that's why folks were chill there.

For folks who aren't so perfect, still trying to master the dungeon and their class, and might flub up occasionally the hundreds of weird tricks you need to do in every dungeon, it's a far less pleasant experience. I just don't like being yelled at.

- - - Updated - - -

P99 EverQuest is pretty chill for the most part. Haven't had many bad encounters there yet.

Can't confirm firsthand but I've also heard good things about FFXIV. I might actually try that when my computer situation gets squared away.

For folks who aren't so perfect, still trying to master the dungeon and their class, and might flub up occasionally the hundreds of weird tricks you need to do in every dungeon, it's a far less pleasant experience. I just don't like being yelled at.
    But you're not being yelled at. Its some fat man or 14 year old typing their impotent rage at you lol. Words on a screen. Cyber bullying isn't real

But you're not being yelled at. Its some fat man or 14 year old typing their impotent rage at you lol. Words on a screen. Cyber bullying isn't real
    Words can hurt, especially when someone with suicidal thoughts like me is being told to kill themselves, and either way that doesn't make it any more pleasant.

You think every mythic+ is a smooth run with 0 wipes? xd thats so fake, plenty of m+ runs have wipes, but reasonable people carry on and still complete the key in time, some wipes isnt the end of the world, just go again, sometimes the key depletes and thats unfortunate, sometimes 1 of the 5 guys gets salty that the key got depleted, shit happens, but your approach and the approach of plenty of people in this forum to label the content as toxic from a couple of bad experiences is stupid in every lvl since generalizing as a whole is stupid, going by this way of thinking may as well lock myself in my room since i know toxicity is waiting for me out there in different shapes.
    Last edited by Frozenbro; 2021-03-30 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    I agree that it shouldn't matter but it does.

If a normal driver does the same route it takes away some of the "awe" from the professional driver. At least in the eyes of the general public. I guess it's just how we work. Even if I know it's unfair to judge a artisans work by how perfect a machine made piece can be but I still judge them. I see that something isn't perfectly straight, that a tiny detail isn't cymetrical with the other side etc. If I didn't know of the machine made piece then I would just be stunned by how good their work was because it would be best piece I had ever seen.
    I don't think that's true. I'm a huge Beatles/Led Zep fan, but I appreciate and enjoy the music I hear at my local bar or wherever just as much.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

P99 EverQuest is pretty chill for the most part. Haven't had many bad encounters there yet.

Can't confirm firsthand but I've also heard good things about FFXIV. I might actually try that when my computer situation gets squared away.
    FF14 is absolutely amazing and if I could justify the sub (I only have a few hours a week for gaming these days) I'd just be playing that.

There are plenty of tools in Eorzea, but for every poor experience I've had there there's about 100 to compare against in WoW sad to say.

You did mention you liked random bgs though, I've never done pvp in FF14 but I do hear it's lacking, so something to consider.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2021-03-30 at 09:09 PM.