Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    o yeah, blame the pandemic, im sure its hard working from home, i bet the pandemic affects the computers too, even the electricity, hell i think the weather too, its all the pandemics fault, blame the super deadly virus
    Yep, you've hit the nail on the head. It's not just Blizzard thats in on the plot to use the pandemic as cover to not do anything - they got every other developer in the industry to delay their games, have barely anything to show for events, have issues with employee retention, etc. It's time we demand that the people making OUR games get back to work so we can get back to being a good ol' American consumers!

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    We shall see. 2 weeks from now?

So April 13th if it is to the day. PTR's last a reasonable 2 months? Sometimes a little shorter and often a bit longer. So we are talking June 13th as a rough date rolled to the nearest reset day? If it goes a week or two longer you are almost into July. A week or two shorter late May-ish? So maybe they were a month off but is it really a celebration to be on the first patch of the expansion for 6+ months? I mean.. so they were a month off.. was the overarching conversation really wrong from where they were coming from? That this time table isn't that acceptable and I say this as someone that gives Blizzard a 100% because of how covid did the world in. Just happy to have something.

I just wouldn't shit on them to much for that month off is all I am saying. Sure, they did it for clicks. No doubt. But I cannot say they were terribly wrong about the state of the game being in trouble. Weather the patch drops in June, July, or August.

About the only they are right about is the game being in trouble. With the developers choosing dumb ass decisions for the game, that part cannot be disputed at all. But I have watched some of Bellular's stuff and it is alot of here say and he has a bad habit of saying "This is what I think" as if he is the all say of the game. I am a man who needs hard facts and not here say and what if's. That is why I stopped watching people like him, Towellee, and others. They are pretty much doing their stuff for the click baits. I just didn't want to be a part of stuff like that.

Again I do agree with you on how the game is in trouble. People say the players are the fault. But I beg to differ. None of us had a decision on how loot was done when this expansion came out. I am more then positive that a lot of us did not want PvP to be the viable way to get loot, and I know for a fact that a lot of us did not want to run mythic +'s until our eyes bleed out. It is those kind of developer decisions that makes me wish their was a whole new team hired and this current one fired.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    TBC and 9.1 are going to land too close together... just like Naxx

What a shame
    Is there even a TBC release date? I hope it's 2 months after 9.1, that would be perfect for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Mid April PTR launch means a mid-June patch release.
    Nope, it literally just means that PTR drops mid april. Nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    Most of the industry? Did you even see the massive amount of delays covid caused? Not only in the video game, but also other media producing industries like film?

Good comparison...many coding and programming requires direct face to face contact like movie scene shootings...ohh hold on, no..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    I am thinking you are one of those people who think covid-19 is a hoax??? Probably.
    I am pretty sure that you are not a game developer or even informed on how game development works (or maybe you are, who knows... but from what you wrote, most likely not).
    Even people who are not game devs know at least that things are a LOT more complicated internally in game development than what most people see from the outside. Well, at least people with common sense. AND when you take under consideration that there's a pandemic going on, that would make things even more complicated than they already are/were.

- - - Updated - - -

Wish there was an upvote/like feature on this site lol (but yes, I fully agree with you).
    Sorry but the lack of organizing skills is not the pandemic`s fault....(same when programmers crying about how hard is their job...No such a thing exist...Only lack of skills and abilities...For example how hard to run 100 meters? Easy? With 1 leg? Without legs? Broken leg? How hard is complete a given programming task? With zero experience? With average knowledge? With zero knowledge? The hardness of any given task is depends on the people and the people only...Something is very easy for someone and the same thing is impossible to another..)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    Good comparison...many coding and programming requires direct face to face contact like movie scene shootings...ohh hold on, no..
    agreed. my uncle has been working remotely for several years now as the go-to guy for finding and fixing bugs in the wide variety of software the company he works for develops. if anything I'd say it's not a capability problem it's an ineptitude problem be it structural - like getting approval or direction for things - or inability to function at the level that they should. especially given how incredibly underwhelming the complexity of this expansion is. compare it with legion with the immense depth of the artifact and class hall questlines. those were legit impressive. here we have 4 covenant s with incredibly laughable questlines with like 5 groups of like 3-5 quests at a time gated by renown. man this offering is a shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    o yeah, blame the pandemic, im sure its hard working from home, i bet the pandemic affects the computers too, even the electricity, hell i think the weather too, its all the pandemics fault, blame the super deadly virus
    Mate, im just as frustrated as many others about SL being a bit lackluster of content right now. Im not happy with the game, and decided to unsub and take a break.

But even I understand that we are living in a different time right now and delays are happening over the whole industry. Unlucky for Blizzard, wow is already a launched game and they just gotta push through a somewhat reasonable release for a new patch. Other companies just outright dealys the games with 1+ year.

Im going to come back whenever 9.1 hits. Hopefully Blizzard delivers too!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Is there even a TBC release date? I hope it's 2 months after 9.1, that would be perfect for me.
    well the beta for that just dropped so I would say it's probably 4-5 months off at best

And here I had it on good authoritah that it wasn't coming until October.

Who'da thunk it?

Quote Originally Posted by druvirus View Post
    Everyone, freaking out with literally no reason for it: 9.1 won't be out until October, AT LEAST! I know this because, .. reasons?! YEAH, REASONS! RABBLE RABBLE!
    Blizz, a day later:
    I said earlier last week no way it was releasing in august that early/mid-june would be the release. People actually believing in a doomsday than actual fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    And here I had it on good authoritah that it wasn't coming until October.

Who'da thunk it?
    Remember "there might not be a 8.2.5"?
    Or "there wont be 8.3"?
    Or Shadowlands will come spring 2021?

And now your example. MAYBE. Just MAYBE. They will be right in 2023 about 10.2. We will see. They wont give up for sure.

Amusing how many that want this game to fail

Gadda love all you armchair experts with your neckbeards predicting release dates and labeling them as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Remember "there might not be a 8.2.5"?
    Or "there wont be 8.3"?
    Or Shadowlands will come spring 2021?

And now your example. MAYBE. Just MAYBE. They will be right in 2023 about 10.2. We will see. They wont give up for sure.

Amusing how many that want this game to fail
    I still remember when people said that Azshara would be the final boss of BFA. lol

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I still remember when people said that Azshara would be the final boss of BFA. lol
    Yeah

Should have been imo, as far as raiding go

In the time it has taken blizzard to release a patch, after a near year of the pandemic so they should be well on their way to being used to this by now.

In that same amount of time FFXIV released two major patches including all minor patches that go alongside them.

They will be releasing a new expansion before blizzard can do a second patch.

FFXIV did a third of an expansion and released another in the time its taking blizzard to just do two patches.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    And to put this in perspective.

(...)
    • Legion: Release August 30th. 7.1 October 14th (1 and a half months). 7.1.5 Jan 10th (4 and a half months after release). 7.2 March 28th (7 months after release)
    • BFA: Release August 13th. 8.1 Dec 11th (4 months). 8.1.5 March 12th (7 months after release). 8.2 June 25th (10 months after release)
    • Shadowlands: Release Nov 23rd. 9.1 likely late June (7 months)

I expect we may see a tier cut from Shadowlands so they can focus on the next expac by the end of the year.
    To put "raid tiers" in to perspective:
    Legion:
    T19.a - Sep 25 2016
    T19.b - Jan 18 2017 (+4 months)
    T20 - Jun 20 2017 (+9 months)
    T21 - Nov 28 2017 (+14 months)
    BfA:
    T22 - September 8 2018
    T23 - January 23 2019 (+4.5 months)
    T24 - Jul 9 2019 (+9 months)
    T25 - Jan 21 2020 (+14.5 months)

The mini raids hardly count as tiers and did not come with any new M+ season, and the fact that this tier has 10 bosses was always going to mean a longer than 4 month progression time. A mid-july release would see us at 7 months instead of the usual 5 month average, which is really understandable given the circumstances. But what do I know in the age of zoomers, if everything isn't served right now it's not good enough?

7+ Year Old Account
    i dont think i can do it sylvanas is my favorite.. i wont do no harm to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    To put "raid tiers" in to perspective:
    Legion:
    T19.a - Sep 25 2016
    T19.b - Jan 18 2017 (+4 months)
    T20 - Jun 20 2017 (+9 months)
    T21 - Nov 28 2017 (+14 months)
    BfA:
    T22 - September 8 2018
    T23 - January 23 2019 (+4.5 months)
    T24 - Jul 9 2019 (+9 months)
    T25 - Jan 21 2020 (+14.5 months)

The mini raids hardly count as tiers and did not come with any new M+ season, and the fact that this tier has 10 bosses was always going to mean a longer than 4 month progression time. A mid-july release would see us at 7 months instead of the usual 5 month average, which is really understandable given the circumstances. But what do I know in the age of zoomers, if everything isn't served right now it's not good enough?
    True but raiders are a minority of the playerbase and in that case they could have released the raid in 9.1.5 just like Nighthold came with 7.1.5. Not that I'd expect much logic from someone that throw's around the term 'zoomer' as a derogatory term (and given I'm 33 I'm very much a millennial).

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling this will come around late June.
    They gotta win all of us back who paid for 6 months sub when the expansion released.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    In June sometime, which is honestly what I expected anyway.

To me TBC comes out in August (to spread shit out), but nothing would surprise me when they released Naxxaramas soon after they released Shadowlands, so who knows.