Page 17 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    I don't find M+ at all fun. It's hectic, stressful, requires perfect play, and folks get extremely angry at you if you mess up (which I do a lot as I'm not a perfect player).
    You need to calm down with these exaggerations if you wanna make a point , since this victim play doesnt help your case, he talked about mythic +5 and you refer to them as needing perfect play? does this even make sense for anyone that actually plays the game and partakes in those activities? saying that mythic +5 requires perfect play is an insult to MDI mega pulls.

snip
    If you dont have friends to play with whats the point in playing WoW, the times i have not been raiding i just quit after a month as there is nothing to keep you playing, playing games with others makes the game 10 times more fun.

M+ is enjoyable when you play with a group of friends, even if you dont time the dungeon it doesnt matter and with the same group you would learn all the things in each dungeon to make runs go smoothly.

Join a casual guild that at least clears heroic and most of the time they are happy to help players learn, a little extra effort can make WoW more fun.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    If you dont have friends to play with whats the point in playing WoW
    I was fine doing solo content and sticking with random BGs until Shadowlands.

Join a casual guild that at least clears heroic and most of the time they are happy to help players learn, a little extra effort can make WoW more fun.
    I've been trying to find one, so I promise it's not out of a lack of trying. It just feels like guilds these days only want those with spectacular logs, perfect play, and the right class/spec. Even the "casual" ones. The only guilds I seem to end up in are the ones that don't do anything at all together.

The only people who get mad about people getting gear are the elitest tryhards with superioriity complexes. How are they going prove they're better than someone if they can get better loot without going through mythic?

I was fine doing solo content and sticking with random BGs until Shadowlands.

I've been trying to find one, so I promise it's not out of a lack of trying. It just feels like guilds these days only want those with spectacular logs, perfect play, and the right class/spec. Even the "casual" ones. The only guilds I seem to end up in are the ones that don't do anything at all together.
    WoW gets boring way too fast if your not playing with others, the game is completely different when you have a few guildies that you can chat with while playing or at least help you through content.

A casual guild shouldnt be an issue to find, do you have no friends on your server to play with anymore, even a few streamers helps players around 200 ilvl get through the raids and at least get you curve and a chance at 220 items each week. If you only want to PvP though then options are very limited if you do want to do rated.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I know right? Why do hard working people get annoyed when a lazy shit gets paid more than them without having to do anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

WoW gets boring way too fast if your not playing with others, the game is completely different when you have a few guildies that you can chat with while playing or at least help you through content.

A casual guild shouldnt be an issue to find, do you have no friends on your server to play with anymore, even a few streamers helps players around 200 ilvl get through the raids and at least get you curve and a chance at 220 items each week. If you only want to PvP though then options are very limited if you do want to do rated.
    I'd love to try and find one of those guilds. I've just always been too socially inept and introverted and making connections with people has always been tough. I just have a couple of friends in-game and they're not the kind I can really run content with. I've looked around and figured there would be some communities or guilds for those that are scared and anxious about running tough content but I'm honestly coming up empty there. I would be interested in group PvE if that was the case.

I didn't find the game boring until Shadowlands. Even by myself I could still have fun, but Blizz seems to want nothing but hyper-competitive rated group content to matter these days. I don't want to do rated PvP to be able to have fun where I really enjoy, random. Not that the arena community would really have me when it took me 40-50 skirmishes to get a weekly done during BfA.

I don't watch any streamers so I can't comment there. I'd take whatever help I can get though.
    Last edited by Tadkins; 2021-03-30 at 11:40 PM.

Why would I care about people getting decent gear for easy content?

I means my alts could get decent gear too. If they made it so any lower level raid gear could be upgraded to close to mythic raid level, but dripped it in over time, then the reward for "good" players is simply that they get to have it first.

It all gets replaced next tier anyway, so who gives a fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I know right? Why do hard working people get annoyed when a lazy shit gets paid more than them without having to do anything?
    False equivalence. Gear in WoW isn't currency. It's just pixels on a screen. It's understandable to get pissed when someone is paid more for doing nothing. It's utterly stupid to get mad if someone else is getting the same pixels on the screen because they didn't earn it in your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Mythic gear means *nothing*. If it was prestigious, why can anyone buy a carry and get it?

So, this whole 'deserve' is all a crock of s--t. I guess you must be one of the people making gold from the carries?
    I made a comment about "prestige" a fair number of posts ago... so whatever. The usage of that term in a video game is so laughable.

And it's subjective if you think Mythic Gear means nothing, I'd like to see you do it in Questing/LFR gear... or do you think all Mythic Raiders are world first racers?
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-03-30 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The only people who get mad about people getting gear are the elitest tryhards with superioriity complexes. How are they going prove they're better than someone if they can get better loot without going through mythic?
    Ok so whqt do you want gear for? Gear let's you do the content you want. Well good thing that everything is tuned below the gear that it drops. So are normal dungeons your thing? Great! The 158 gear that drops will make you more than proficient at normal dungeons. Getting to 158 will make you able to step into heroic dungeon and down them too.

But here you are, being a "tryhard", getting mad that people are getting better gear than you.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to try and find one of those guilds. I've just always been too socially inept and introverted and making connections with people has always been tough. I just have a couple of friends in-game and they're not the kind I can really run content with. I've looked around and figured there would be some communities or guilds for those that are scared and anxious about running tough content but I'm honestly coming up empty there. I would be interested in group PvE if that was the case.

I didn't find the game boring until Shadowlands. Even by myself I could still have fun, but Blizz seems to want nothing but hyper-competitive rated group content to matter these days. I don't want to do rated PvP to be able to have fun where I really enjoy, random. Not that the arena community would really have me when it took me 40-50 skirmishes to get a weekly done during BfA.

I don't watch any streamers so I can't comment there. I'd take whatever help I can get though.
    I see you on here everyday, talking you strangers. They almost always give you criticisms and you haven't died yet. How come you can do that on here but not in game?

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Ok so whqt do you want gear for? Gear let's you do the content you want. Well good thing that everything is tuned below the gear that it drops. So are normal dungeons your thing? Great! The 158 gear that drops will make you more than proficient at normal dungeons. Getting to 158 will make you able to step into heroic dungeon and down them too.
    The gear random battlegrounds gives me does not help with random battlegrounds.

It would be like requiring Mythic raid gear before you're allowed to queue for a heroic dungeon.

- - - Updated - - -

I see you on here everyday, talking you strangers. They almost always give you criticisms and you haven't died yet. How come you can do that on here but not in game?
    There's a huge difference between making forum posts and running content in-game.

For one, I don't need to know people and form up a group to make a forum post. I can also hop on here anytime i want, and leave just as easily.

But here you are, being a "tryhard", getting mad that people are getting better gear than you.

- - - Updated - - -

I never once said I was personally mad. I simply said that the people who get upset about players getting gear when they're not a mega-tryhard like they are just shows they're elitist jerks. It's pixels on a screen. Getting mad at people because they're not playing the game YOU want them to and getting rewards is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I never once said I was personally mad. I simply said that the people who get upset about players getting gear when they're not a mega-tryhard like they are just shows they're elitist jerks. It's pixels on a screen. Getting mad at people because they're not playing the game YOU want them to and getting rewards is pathetic.
    I mean, you keep downplaying the importance of these pixels - thats the CORE of your argument - that they hold no value.......so why do "casuals" need them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

The gear random battlegrounds gives me does not help with random battlegrounds.

It would be like requiring Mythic raid gear before you're allowed to queue for a heroic dungeon.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a huge difference between making forum posts and running content in-game.

For one, I don't need to know people and form up a group to make a forum post. I can also hop on here anytime i want, and leave just as easily.
    I'm talking about pve.

You dont for pve either. You create a group for m0. Grab any 1 tank 1 heal 2 dps with like 160+ ilvl. Run it and get a +2 key. Go to group finder and list it as "(abbreviation of dungeon) +2" and invite literally anyone at like 180 ilvl or higher (way higher than needed) . Dont even need to type hello as ppl join. First 2 run to stone and summon everyone else. Once all in dungeon, wait like 5 secs and type/readycheck. If all are ready, put key in, type/countdown 5 then hit enter. Play like a buffoon and still time it cause its a +2. Will prob still 2 chest. Do this up to a level where it's too difficult. No one expects good play until like 7

It's a game and rewards for my effort spark the dopamine in my brain that tells me I'm having fun, if I could get the same reward for less effort it would make the greater effort feel meaningless and the reward less impactful and as such means I have less fun. To me putting effort into challenging content is fun but so is being rewarded for my efforts and I don't care about those who say "If removing the reward means you wouldn't do it that means you don't want to in the first place", no. Shut up. Don't tell me how to have my fun. It's my fun and aslong as I am having fun I don't care why.

I'm talking about pve.

You dont for pve either. You create a group for m0. Grab any 1 tank 1 heal 2 dps with like 160+ ilvl. Run it and get a +2 key. Go to group finder and list it as "(abbreviation of dungeon) +2" and invite literally anyone at like 180 ilvl or higher (way higher than needed) . Dont even need to type hello as ppl join. First 2 run to stone and summon everyone else. Once all in dungeon, wait like 5 secs and type/readycheck. If all are ready, put key in, type/countdown 5 then hit enter. Play like a buffoon and still time it cause its a +2. Will prob still 2 chest. Do this up to a level where it's too difficult. No one expects good play until like 7
    That is the solution if you're not scared of people and being yelled at for messing up, sure. Random blind pugging is just not something I can bring myself to do out of fear.

I would just feel safer running content with a pre-set group with people I know won't rage, or a good community. That is what I'm trying to find right now.

That is the solution if you're not scared of people and being yelled at for messing up, sure. Random blind pugging is just not something I can bring myself to do out of fear.

I would just feel safer running content with a pre-set group with people I know won't rage, or a good community. That is what I'm trying to find right now.
    You will not find this magical community. 99% of players will not rage in the 2-5 range. I think your wow experience and overall life will greatly improve if you work on this anxiety. I used to be the same way

You will not find this magical community. 99% of players will not rage in the 2-5 range. I think your wow experience and overall life will greatly improve if you work on this anxiety. I used to be the same way
    I guess I somehow keep attracting the 1% that do.

Once in Legion, I unretired my DK and wanted to re-learn blood tanking. Posted a "chill run, please be gentle" description for 0 Halls of Valor. The DPS DK I invited got tired of me pulling cautiously and took the run into her hands. After I kicked her shortly before the dog boss she said all sorts of nasty stuff about me being a trash tank and whatnot despite be specifying that I was trying to learn.

Can you understand why I might be scared of forming groups after that?
    And are you telling me there's not a single guild or community out there that wouldn't be welcoming to an anxious learning player?

For the record I do plan on seeing my counselor again after I get vaccinated for COVID, but atm I am too scared to leave the house until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    People who get mad about others getting loot simply see loot as a reward. For them loot is the end goal. It's not so much about beating a hard boss but about getting the cool stuff that this boss drops. And if everyone gets the cool loot from a boss, then it's not so special anymore that they beat that boss and got that loot.
    Without this mentality the game would dry up, but it is a completely toxic mindset that damages a lot of areas of the game.

I think the same applies more in pvp, there are several factors in pvp, toolkit of your class/spec/race, player skill and gear.

PVP ought to be the expression of player skill over others, class balance has a significant effect on the interaction between players, along with rng and other things, but gear is probably one of the biggest offenders. Moreso because pvp gear is obtained quicker by skilled players.
    In a pvp setting skilled players double down by picking the most powerful classes and are rewarded with superior gear, which is a completely unnecessary bonus to the already skilled players that they dont need. This creates an unnecessary gap between new, moderate and skilled players where even a moderate player making a skillful play isnt rewarded because his actions are mitigated by inferior gear.