Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I read japan cares a lot about names so slapping yuji naka on the box seemed like free sales
    That would be hilarious since that man hasn't been part of making a decent game since Sonic Adventure 2 and his last like actual really good games where all 2D.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    That would be hilarious since that man hasn't been part of making a decent game since Sonic Adventure 2 and his last like actual really good games where all 2D.
    Yeah. I feel the same way about miyamoto and kojimber, but they can get anything to sell

Anyone excited for Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster?

Is my favorite RPG of all time
    But i just played it at a certain time of my life where the "lonely feeling" of this game was confy to me
    I think if i played it today for the first time it wouldnt be my favorite ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing Rise for a few hours and... yeah I really want a Switch Pro. It's kinda jarring playing my PS5 and PC and then playing a game that goes for somewhat of a more realistic look on Switch. It's really fun so far, but the graphics are definitely jarring coming from World.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    Anyone excited for Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster?

Is my favorite RPG of all time
    But i just played it at a certain time of my life where the "lonely feeling" of this game was confy to me
    I think if i played it today for the first time it wouldnt be my favorite ever.
    I'll probably pick it up. I recent beat Persona 5 Royal and I'm interested in seeing what the SMT series is like.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I'll probably pick it up. I recent beat Persona 5 Royal and I'm interested in seeing what the SMT series is like.
    From what i barely remember...
    The SMT series has a bigger focus on the mythical/folklore/demon/angel creatures.
    Is like Pokemon but really dark.

You have a full team of creatures of your choosing plus the main character.....you can also have Dante from DMC series a bonus

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing Rise for a few hours and... yeah I really want a Switch Pro. It's kinda jarring playing my PS5 and PC and then playing a game that goes for somewhat of a more realistic look on Switch. It's really fun so far, but the graphics are definitely jarring coming from World.

- - - Updated - - -

Much more dungeon crawling jRPG, much less lifesim is probably the biggest difference between SMT and post-Persona 3 persona games.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

All monster collecting, demon negotiation and dungeon crawling no life sim stuff. Oh and a lot of RNG trolling.

Loving Rise so far but i'm going to be interested to see what "worldbabbies" make of it as their first sequel. For a series veteran it feels easy in the same way styles made Generations and Double Cross a cake walk. Mostly because the 'b team' always lean a little more to character action over the 'a teams' dragons dogma style leanings. Its still very good and feels in some ways like the proper successor to 4 and in a wierd way like a fair few ps3 era capcom games, which makes sense given the teams past credits outside monhun, but its going to be interesting like i said to see what people newer to the series make of it.

Beyond the ease of play from the wire moves the little changes are interesting. You can now turn weapons into scrap for buddy gear and to balance that they no longer sell base weaponsm, as far as i can tell thus far, but the cost of weapon creation is as low as a quarter of what it used to be and you can roll back anything you made to refund stuff. It feels like they really want you to have a bigger variety of weapons this time where a slight detriment to world was it feeling like 3 or 4 of a weapon type could effectively cover the entire game so i'm interested to see the variety at end game this time, especially when 2.0 hits in april.

Now back to getting used to one thing in my charge blade moveset being changed for the wire counter thats going to take some getting used to in the muscle memory.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Loving Rise so far but i'm going to be interested to see what "worldbabbies" make of it as their first sequel. For a series veteran it feels easy in the same way styles made Generations and Double Cross a cake walk. Mostly because the 'b team' always lean a little more to character action over the 'a teams' dragons dogma style leanings. Its still very good and feels in some ways like the proper successor to 4 and in a wierd way like a fair few ps3 era capcom games, which makes sense given the teams past credits outside monhun, but its going to be interesting like i said to see what people newer to the series make of it.

Beyond the ease of play from the wire moves the little changes are interesting. You can now turn weapons into scrap for buddy gear and to balance that they no longer sell base weaponsm, as far as i can tell thus far, but the cost of weapon creation is as low as a quarter of what it used to be and you can roll back anything you made to refund stuff. It feels like they really want you to have a bigger variety of weapons this time where a slight detriment to world was it feeling like 3 or 4 of a weapon type could effectively cover the entire game so i'm interested to see the variety at end game this time, especially when 2.0 hits in april.

Now back to getting used to one thing in my charge blade moveset being changed for the wire counter thats going to take some getting used to in the muscle memory.
    Started with World and imo it barely feels different.
    Given i have only played lance so far and once with hammer in the demo, but the new wirebug moves feel really good. Having what is pretty much a taunt with lance could be really good in multiplayer and the other one that increases the dmg when successfully blocking also feels very satisfying (especially when it's the kill hit). And the additional little QoL changes like all equipment being organized by sets instead of just all in one box helps a lot, or that you only have to mine/gather once to empty a gathering spot. Only really still have to figure out how to effectively mount monsters
    But imo the best thing so far is the soundtrack. Jesus christ does it sound great, especially the normal battle theme for the Frost Islands so far (only finished all 3 star quests so far).
    Always glad to see when a series still continues to try to improve or atleast keep the quality, instead of being "ok guys, the last game sold tens of millions, we can keep it low"

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Started with World and imo it barely feels different.
    Given i have only played lance so far and once with hammer in the demo, but the new wirebug moves feel really good. Having what is pretty much a taunt with lance could be really good in multiplayer and the other one that increases the dmg when successfully blocking also feels very satisfying (especially when it's the kill hit).
    The best other example i've thought of that feels the same way is when devil may cry 4 came out with the devil bringer. It was technically the same moveset for the most part and this new addition just made the movement between you and the enemy change in some way where you spend less time closing the gap in one way or another and its a specific feeling that makes the fights feel like they have far less downtime even if they might be about the same overall time wise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmm wish i could play monster hunter rise right now but no the gamestop i had it reserved at didnt get their shipment and possibly wont be getting it till monday.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

well i love my switch. i enjoyed pokemon sword until after i became champion, the raid battle got annoying and Zacian was a pain to catch.
    I do love that people treat you like the champion. Sure sun and moon working kind of like that but in sword it felt better.
    well time work work on shield now then think of what game to get next. i wish nintendo had more game sales. sure there is kind of a sale going on now at gamestop but none of the games i want are on sale.

anyway everyone have a nice day.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    well i love my switch. i enjoyed pokemon sword until after i became champion, the raid battle got annoying and Zacian was a pain to catch.
    I do love that people treat you like the champion. Sure sun and moon working kind of like that but in sword it felt better.
    well time work work on shield now then think of what game to get next. i wish nintendo had more game sales. sure there is kind of a sale going on now at gamestop but none of the games i want are on sale.

anyway everyone have a nice day.
    If you actually enjoyed Sword and Shield then you'll probably enjoy the dlcs as well assuming you are fine with paying your regional equivalent of $30.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    If you actually enjoyed Sword and Shield then you'll probably enjoy the dlcs as well assuming you are fine with paying your regional equivalent of $30.
    i might once my tax return shows up.
    why is shocking someone enjoyed them?

You must have skipped over the pokemon thread in fun stuff or some of the comments in this thread. But I also enjoyed the games as well. I adore my little apple pie dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You must have skipped over the pokemon thread in fun stuff or some of the comments in this thread. But I also enjoyed the games as well. I adore my little apple pie dragon.
    i dont let others opinions influence my fun.
    no game is 100% perfect anyway.

You're supposed to hate the game cause of tree graphics and not all the pokemon being in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Swisted View Post
    You're supposed to hate the game cause of tree graphics and not all the pokemon being in the game
    unless the tree is a pokemon i dont care.

unless the tree is a pokemon i dont care.
    Well Sudowoodo does look great.