Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    No you're wrong. You're putting your fingers in your ears yelling la la la
    WBuffs are not mandatory to clear any content in Classic. They only make the content faceroll/even more easy (TRUE or FALSE)

This QoL change will make getting WBuffs easier. SO EASY in fact it will be prone MORE THAN EVER BEFORE to be THE META to have them (TRUE or FALSE)

World PvP? Griefers? No more? Hence EASIER to have buffs for every raid (TRUE OR FALSE)

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    WBuffs are not mandatory to clear any content in Classic. They only make the content faceroll/even more easy (TRUE or FALSE)

This QoL change will make getting WBuffs easier. SO EASY in fact it will be prone MORE THAN EVER BEFORE to be THE META to have them (TRUE or FALSE)

World PvP? Griefers? No more? Hence EASIER to have buffs for every raid (TRUE OR FALSE)
    It doesn't make getting them easier. It just allows you to keep playing once you get them. Otherwise you have to log out forever until you're ready to raid.
    Ease/difficulty doesn't factor in at all.

" A persistent world where everybody is traveling around for magical items and spells to maximize their power is fine, but one where they then stop playing to avoid wasting them seems wrong. Having an additional stop that lets you “bottle your buffs” seems like a thematically appropriate change to alleviate that problem.

We know this is a change, and any change to Classic is something we want to be careful with, but in this case, the fact that playing optimally literally requires you to stop playing was just too much for us to sit idly by. "

These assholes sat idly by while it ruined the game for a year and a half and only do something when no one is playing the game anymore.

ahah Yeah QoL = Easier life
    Is what i said.

Unless this buffs are mandatory to clear content...are they?

It will also create a new meta game. This is tooooo weird
    They aren't mandatory to clear content. Thats why its QoL. The change isn't making the buffs stronger or anything, just allowing players to continue to play the game, instead of logging out to save the buffs for raid.

Its not making anything easier, just adding convenience.

Best way to think about it is players would be getting these buffs regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Its not making anything easier, just adding convenience.
    Convenience and "ease" are outright synonyms...i dont understand this talk we are having at all...

Convenience and "ease" are outright synonyms
    Incorrect
    i dont understand this talk we are having at all...
    Correct.

-True

-False, players would just not play/grind/farm mats/etc after getting the buffs. They were going to have them anyway.

-False, you are confusing convenience with difficulty. If anything this may add to world pvp, especially at raid entrances, because without the danger of losing raid buffs people may engage in pvp without fear of losing 10-20 mins of buff farming.

- - - Updated - - -

Convenience and "ease" are outright synonyms...i dont understand this talk we are having at all...
    If you have to drive a mile to a store vs driving 2 miles to a store, which is easier? Neither, you sit on your ass and roll there, they are both equal in difficulty. One just takes longer to get to, so it's more convenient to go to the store 1 mile away.

If you have to drive a mile to a store vs driving 2 miles to a store, which is easier? Neither, you sit on your ass and roll there, they are both equal in difficulty. One just takes longer to get to, so it's more convenient to go to the store 1 mile away.
    I think I would describe it as a college student being asked to do 3rd grade math, and then right after that being asked to do 2nd grade math. Was it easier? How can you even tell? Both of them are easy. The difficulty ceiling is about the same on both, you can't even feel the difference.

Ahahah MMO-Champion...this is peak performance MMO-C.
    This is so good it made me laugh IRL.

What in the actual hell are you talking about

Ofcourse is EASIER to go to the nearest store. ROFLMAO...i feel like im in movie where everyone around me lost their mind

- - - Updated - - -
    @StillMcfuu @chrisnumbers

Riddle me this:

"What is on this planet made EASIER and yet NOT more convenient?"

If you can answer me this...i give this one to you
    One example is enough

Well, pretty straightforward analysis of the situation:

- The community, despite limited changes to Classic, developed the meta. Bosses aren’t tuned for World Buffs, the community decided they were an integral part of raiding.

- As a side effect of the community’s pivot, it became a massive disadvantage to NOT having them. If you’re the only tank, healer or DPS w/o them, good luck. Esp tanks because now your threat is fucked.

- Entire loot systems were built around them (performance based GDKP).

- As a result, not logging into your character in order to maintain buffs became important, which is a fundamentally asinine and detrimental thing for an MMO, but see pt 2.

This wasn’t a Blizzard problem, this is a community problem they’re solving.

Ofcourse is EASIER to go to the nearest store. ROFLMAO...i feel like im in movie where everyone around me lost their mind

- - - Updated - - -

Riddle me this:

One example is enough
    I've concluded that you are being intentionally obtuse.

- - - Updated - - -

Riddle me this:

One example is enough
    You wear shoes with velcro straps, and I wear shoes with laces. Its technically easier for you to bend down and strap up your velcro, but to me either shoe is equal in convenience because I still need to spend a second to bend down and tie my laces.

One example is enough
    One example?

Hearing your opinion. (or anyone's, for that matter)

The internet made it easier, but it certainly is not a convenience.
    Last edited by Prag; 2021-03-31 at 03:39 AM.

You wear shoes with velcro straps, and I wear shoes with laces. Its technically easier for you to bend down and strap up your velcro, but to me either shoe is equal in convenience because I still need to spend a second to bend down and tie my laces.
    In this scenario I would leave the laces tied and just slip the shoes on every time.
    That's what blizzard is doing to world buffs. Just leave the laces tied but you still have to put your shoes on. It's easy no matter what, just better.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    In this scenario I would leave the laces tied and just slip the shoes on every time.
    That's what blizzard is doing to world buffs. Just leave the laces tied but you still have to put your shoes on. It's easy no matter what, just better.
    If I were to compare this to the blizzard buff change, I'd say its more like blizz is allowing me to carry my nice loafers into the raid, instead of having to put them on before traveling there. Its just a nice qol change. It also helps the whole raid too as it can be more flexible on raid time (my server has multiple times buff drops through out the day).

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Well, pretty straightforward analysis of the situation:

- The community, despite limited changes to Classic, developed the meta. Bosses aren’t tuned for World Buffs, the community decided they were an integral part of raiding.

- As a side effect of the community’s pivot, it became a massive disadvantage to NOT having them. If you’re the only tank, healer or DPS w/o them, good luck. Esp tanks because now your threat is fucked.

- Entire loot systems were built around them (performance based GDKP).

- As a result, not logging into your character in order to maintain buffs became important, which is a fundamentally asinine and detrimental thing for an MMO, but see pt 2.

This wasn’t a Blizzard problem, this is a community problem they’re solving.
    There is nothing to disagree here (unlike your next post)

Convenience and ease are synonyms after all, and saying is not is pure lazyness...because u can spend 1 milisecond googling it and see for yourself how im right.

There is absolutely nothing in this world that is made easier and yet not more convenient.

There is absolutely nothing in this world that is made easier and yet not more convenient.
    You’re confusing those two terms. Ease of access is convenience. Lowering a skill requirement is making something easier.

Was reading a reply here more convenient than calling me or waiting for a letter to arrive?

Yes.

Does it being online/instant somehow lower the basic literacy requirement?

No.
    Last edited by Prag; 2021-03-31 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    You’re conflating those two terms. Ease of access is convenience. Lowering a skill requirement is making something easier.
    Problem is...everytime you lower a skill requirement...you make an ease of access (-_-)

Ok you win, it's easier, sort of like lifting 1lb instead of 1.001lbs