Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    That still doesn't explain how we went from a country where anyone with enough effort could make it, to a nation where the poor get poorer and the rich get richer and there's very low economic mobility.
    I agree that it doesn't explain it - which is normal as there's usually no single explanation for complicated developments, and neither is there a simple fix for it.

That still doesn't explain how we went from a country where anyone with enough effort could make it, to a nation where the poor get poorer and the rich get richer and there's very low economic mobility. .
    you lost the "greed for success" . people living on better level become "weaker" and "less ambitious" - they rhater consumate then save invest and achieve something. new generations dont realise that capital is build from hard work and determination for generations - not from spending $$$ on anything you want right now at this very moment.

dont worry it happens to every single powerfull country . and empire

US atm could be compared to late roman empire - with "barbarians" at the game . or to late ZSRR - when America was the "cool country" and ZSRR was the "Falling empire"

the danger for the rest of the world is if your "empire" wont want to desperately keep power they are loosing by starting open war with China - the new raising empire.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you lost the "greed for success" . people living on better level become "weaker" and "less ambitious" - they rhater consumate then save invest and achieve something .
    Seems to me your describing yourself. After all had you not been born into a country that already gives you so much, you'd be in poverty were you in the US.

15+ Year Old Account
    you lost the "greed for success" . people living on better level become "weaker" and "less ambitious" - they rhater consumate then save invest and achieve something. new generations dont realise that capital is build from hard work and determination for generations - not from spending $$$ on anything you want right now at this very moment.

dont worry it happens to every single powerfull country . and empire

US atm could be compared to late roman empire - with "barbarians" at the game . or to late ZSRR - when America was the "cool country" and ZSRR was the "Falling empire"

the danger for the rest of the world is if your "empire" wont want to desperately keep power they are loosing by starting open war with China - the new raising empire.
    Ah yes, so every single poor person in the US simultaneously became more lazy and frivolously spend all their money. It couldn't possibly be that the system is being rigged so that the poor get their hard work barely paid for and the wealthy reap the benefits. Nope. Everyone's just gotten lazy and the ones who do work 70 hours a week just spend all of their money on luxury items. Of course. It all makes sense now.

If it wasn't obvious, that was incredibly heavy sarcasm.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Ah yes, so every single poor person in the US simultaneously became more lazy and frivolously spend all their money. It couldn't possibly be that the system is being rigged so that the poor get their hard work barely paid for and the wealthy reap the benefits. Nope. Everyone's just gotten lazy and the ones who do work 70 hours a week just spend all of their money on luxury items. Of course. It all makes sense now.

If it wasn't obvious, that was incredibly heavy sarcasm.
    ask yourself what kind of work it is that pays so low. puting stuff on shelves of shop ? being cashier who just accepts credit cards ? someone who fries burgers in mac ?

you want a good suggestion on jobs that pay good in US ? listen to people like Mike Rowe describing those jobs for years now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Seems to me your describing yourself. After all had you not been born into a country that already gives you so much, you'd be in poverty were you in the US.
    once again since its getting boring - i remind you i live in country that is in theory way poorer then US. and yet people here live on relatively better and safer level then many people in your country from what i read here. the irony because it should be the other way around. sure poor people here cannot afford stuff like newest iphone - but they do have free healthcare and free education
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-03-31 at 11:13 AM.

once again since its getting boring - i remind you i live in country that is in theory way poorer then US.
    You're also a liar. Although perhaps your "theory" is something you tell yourself...because you know I'm right in that you'd be dead were you born in poverty here. You try to convince yourself that your shitty ethic wouldn't probably be met with an early grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    I mean they subsidize space X sure but not tesla.
    lol kinda possibly getting another subsidy from taxpayers

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/31/us-e...ture-plan.html

President Joe Biden is prioritizing a national EV charging network under his $2 trillion infrastructure bill, promising to have at least 500,000 of the devices installed across the U.S. by 2030.

The Biden administration is rolling out Wednesday a $174 billion plan to spur the development and adoption of electric vehicles that includes money to retool factories and boost domestic supply of materials, tax incentives for EV buyers, and grant and incentive programs for charging infrastructure.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean they subsidize space X sure but not tesla.

Sorry Elon Tusk, but Tesla selling $1.7 billion in government given carbon emission credits ... is just a subsidy with extra steps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    lol kinda possibly getting another subsidy from taxpayers

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/31/us-e...ture-plan.html

President Joe Biden is prioritizing a national EV charging network under his $2 trillion infrastructure bill, promising to have at least 500,000 of the devices installed across the U.S. by 2030.

The Biden administration is rolling out Wednesday a $174 billion plan to spur the development and adoption of electric vehicles that includes money to retool factories and boost domestic supply of materials, tax incentives for EV buyers, and grant and incentive programs for charging infrastructure.
    Link isn't working for me, but good, everyone should be driving electric by 2020.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Sorry Elon Tusk, but Tesla selling $1.7 billion in government given carbon emission credits ... is just a subsidy with extra steps.
    That's other companies subsidizing Tesla not the government.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Link isn't working for me, but good, everyone should be driving electric by 2020.
    Not without a time machine and better battery technology than we have, they won't be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Not without a time machine and better battery technology than we have, they won't be.
    Battery tech is great as is and it's only getting better.
    Driving on Sunshine.

True! But if you want "everyone" to drive an electric car, batteries need to be able to provide considerably more range than they already have. Someday we'll get to the point where you can drive several hundred miles in a day in an electric car, but we're not there yet.

And we certainly won't somehow get there by last year. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    True! But if you want "everyone" to drive an electric car, batteries need to be able to provide considerably more range than they already have. Someday we'll get to the point where you can drive several hundred miles in a day in an electric car, but we're not there yet.

Done it loads of times we are already there. Price could be better but I'd rather pay more to not pollute in people's faces.
    Driving on Sunshine.

That's other companies subsidizing Tesla not the government.
    Semantics. its a subsidy for Tesla.

- - - Updated - - -

umm several hundred?

When was the last time you looked at electric cars, 2002?

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Actually battery technology is one of the few places where innovation has slowed to a crawl in comparison to everything else. There hasn't been any groundbreaking progress in that area in a very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Actually battery technology is one of the few places where innovation has slowed to a crawl in comparison to everything else. There hasn't been any groundbreaking progress in that area in a very long time.
    I do suppose that slowing is the same a stopping
    Driving on Sunshine.

Seeing chargers in some nearby areas from me...

If this particular model becomes available and I suddenly find myself awash in disposable income, I will consider this;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Seeing chargers in some nearby areas from me...

If this particular model becomes available and I suddenly find myself awash in disposable income, I will consider this;
    What, you don't want to drive a rhombus?
    Driving on Sunshine.

What, you don't want to drive a rhombus?
    Gods no! Ugh

15+ Year Old Account
    ask yourself what kind of work it is that pays so low. puting stuff on shelves of shop ? being cashier who just accepts credit cards ? someone who fries burgers in mac ?

you want a good suggestion on jobs that pay good in US ? listen to people like Mike Rowe describing those jobs for years now.
    And yet menial labor used to be able to pay for people's living expenses. Now people in those jobs can't make ends meet most of the time. Why should I ask myself what kind of jobs those people do? Is there something WRONG with those jobs? Are you implying people doing those jobs shouldn't be paid a living wage? Are you looking down on those people? Are you implying those jobs are easy?

There's nothing wrong with those jobs. Those people should be paid a living wage. Only privileged assholes who have never had to work a minimum wage job look down on such people. Those jobs are more strenuous, draining, and hard on the body than any desk job that pays more money. Menial labor doesn't require any kind of special skill, but it's extremely hard on the body to work 60-70 hours a week just to make ends meet.

People aren't lazy, nor are they don't easy jobs. You just look down on them because it's easier than putting aside your insular sheltered privileged views and admitting there's a problem.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"