Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    @postman1782 Here's another one that happened recently.

https://abc7ny.com/arrest-in-brutal-...urch/10461853/

Seeing as how you can't accept the idea that most Asian hate crimes are done by blacks I'm guessing you're in the "it's all Trump's fault and all his conservative followers" boat. Well where is your evidence on that? Because he said "China virus"? Well there is plenty video evidence showing the mainstream Trump hating media calling it the same thing so why couldn't it have come from them?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    @postman1782 Here's another one that happened recently.

https://abc7ny.com/arrest-in-brutal-...urch/10461853/

Seeing as how you can't accept the idea that most Asian hate crimes are done by blacks I'm guessing you're in the "it's all Trump's fault and all his conservative followers" boat. Well where is your evidence on that? Because he said "China virus"? Well there is plenty video evidence showing the mainstream Trump hating media calling it the same thing so why couldn't it have come from them?
    Just gonna quote Frogoil, unless something changes drastically in 2020 the data points to it not being mostly blacks, rather there trump supporters or not you can make up
    Your own mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    When comparing hate crimes in the US 2019 (figures for 2020 and 2021 are not out yet) with 2013 the most obvious conclusion is that hate crimes just increased across the board, against all and by all. And in 2019 the perpetrators of hate crimes against Asians seemed close to the demographic average in the US (except that they likely are predominately male); majority white, a strong minority of blacks, and a few Asians and others.

It's possible that it changed in 2020 (and Q1 2021), but far from certain.

As far I could see the only hate-crimes that decreased were anti-Atheist (well from 7 to 6), anti-Lesbian (from 185 to 142), and anti-Heterosexual (from 24 to 17). (There was a bit of change of labels for other hate-crimes making a comparison more complicated - e.g. the various Christian groups.)

And oddly the anti-Black/African American didn't increase in proportion to the rest; but just slightly increased. However, it's still the dominant category with more than double the amount of offenses than the next group.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2019/...es/table-5.xls vs. https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2013/...ation_2013.xls

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That you consider them alone "mainland Chinese" is problematic, all by itself, since you're clearly excluding the rest of those groups as being such.
    Because it's necessary, for the sake of discussion, to differentiate between the Uighurs and the Hans. Unless you are saying the people who are talking about Hans versus Uighurs at large are also racist?

So I see what your problem is: my label is inaccurate(whether this is true or false), so I am racist.
    Then, they got out.
    So for the purpose of discussion, she's not mainland Chinese, because she got out. So why would what I am saying apply to this cousin's wife of yours? Confused.

That is literally prejudice, dude. Everyone else is right, here. Any targeting of Chinese people, of any ethnicity, is completely indefensible on any level. And any hate against those who support human rights abuses and genocides should just as much be leveled against Republicans pushing for voter suppression as against Chinese nationals who support the CCP's actions in that respect. That hate should be directed against ideals, not against ethnicities. Bringing up ethnicity is entirely the problem, and not defensible at any level.
    Even though it's true that the vast majority of mainland Chinese, support the Uighur genocide. Sorry, I disagree.

Prejudice is only prejudice because of the "irrational" identifier in the definition. Since it's statistically supported, it's impossible to say it's "irrational".
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Everyone told Trump and his mainstream media this was going to happen, now you want evidence that it’s happening for no other reason? I don’t think acting as if blaming black people are to blame will change that... Trump was president... Trump did get attention of a president... he didn’t exist in a blame free void.

Edit: If Trump just listened to experts, there wouldn’t be this anti Asian bullshit... there would be 10s if not 100s of thousands of Americans alive, that aren’t... and Trump would still be president... just because Trump refused to listen to experts.
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-03-31 at 02:53 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If all Uighur are in jail and are being silenced, who do think is reporting these issues? Oh... the people you hate...
    Assuming all Uighurs are incarcerated and there's absolutely no stragglers, which is basically impossible as is.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Seriously, dude, China's a country that's almost entirely "mainland". Outside of Taiwan and Hainan, it's pretty much all mainland, and the vast majority of China's ethnic groups are on that mainland. It's just as accurate to just say "Chinese". If you mean Han, then say Han.

That'll still be racist, but at least it's a label that actually means something.
    So, indeed, your problem is the specific label used, and not actually what I was referring to with the label. Interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Assuming all Uighurs are incarcerated and there's absolutely no stragglers, which is basically impossible as is.
    Assuming that there are no Chines in those prisons, that were simply trying to help Muslims, makes me realize that you don’t actually understand how this works.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Even though it's true that the vast majority of mainland Chinese, support the Uighur genocide. Sorry, I disagree.

Prejudice is only prejudice because of the "irrational" identifier in the definition. Since it's statistically supported, it's impossible to say it's "irrational".
    Not only have you still not backed it up your using the same argument that other racist use, “blacks are statistically supported to be more criminal I’m not racist it’s rational”.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes just like there were no non Jews in
    Germany helping out in Ww2 it was just Jews who hadn’t been caught.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-03-31 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You forgot an important detail in his parole. Dude murdered his mother.
    Sure... be outraged about him, that wasn't hte point of my post.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2BN167

Asian woman gets stomped on the head three times in midtown Manhattan in public daylight. The worst part apart from this dude already being on a lifetime parole (that is a thing?) is this:

This is a sign of a decrepit society with zero civil courage to do the right thing. Granted, NYC is probably not the best place to begin with, but it's an old woman... and nobody had the decency to step in. Despicable.
    Uhm, it's new york....quite common there..don't expect help if u get attacked there, even in broad day light with lots of people around, and never ever travel with the subway or walk alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    No, they generally want to sow unrest .....................dude.......................

Also, considering how the Chinese dump their nationals in Africa if you really think they give a shit about their own people you are probably in for a rude awakening.
    Lol what possible benefit would that give? None.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-03-31 at 03:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because it's necessary, for the sake of discussion, to differentiate between the Uighurs and the Hans. Unless you are saying the people who are talking about Hans versus Uighurs at large are also racist?

So I see what your problem is: my label is inaccurate(whether this is true or false), so I am racist.

So for the purpose of discussion, she's not mainland Chinese, because she got out. So why would what I am saying apply to this cousin's wife of yours? Confused.

I'd like a source for it still.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Ah, Mr. "CHINA VIRUS CHINA VIRUS CHINA VIRUS" himself.
    I'm not racist towards asians. I just fucking hate China and rightfully so.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is that useful to the discussion of anti-Asian hate in the USA, in any way whatsoever?

Also, the problem is not "Han vs. Uighur". It's "the CCP vs the Uighur people". Presuming that all Han Chinese are CCP supporters is, you guessed it, prejudice.

Two separate, though dimly related points.

The racism is in presuming that all Han Chinese support the CCP's actions. That remains racism regardless of the label you're using for the group.

Yeah, no. She's Han Chinese. She's still a Chinese citizen, as far as I know. I actually don't know if she's gotten her Canadian citizenship, yet; she was put on a citizenship track before she came to Canada, but it's a process, and she's definitely got landed immigrant status at least, not a temporary visa.

Why would living in another country invalidate your ethnicity? That's bananas.

Literally the same argument white supremacists make when they claim black people are mostly criminals. Equally racist as that, dude. You aren't defending your position, you're just explaining why you're prejudiced against Han Chinese people.

How is that useful to the discussion of anti-Asian hate in the USA, in any way whatsoever?

Also, the problem is not "Han vs. Uighur". It's "the CCP vs the Uighur people". Presuming that all Han Chinese are CCP supporters is, you guessed it, prejudice.

Two separate, though dimly related points.

The racism is in presuming that all Han Chinese support the CCP's actions. That remains racism regardless of the label you're using for the group.

Yeah, no. She's Han Chinese. She's still a Chinese citizen, as far as I know. I actually don't know if she's gotten her Canadian citizenship, yet; she was put on a citizenship track before she came to Canada, but it's a process, and she's definitely got landed immigrant status at least, not a temporary visa.

Why would living in another country invalidate your ethnicity? That's bananas.

Literally the same argument white supremacists make when they claim black people are mostly criminals. Equally racist as that, dude. You aren't defending your position, you're just explaining why you're prejudiced against Han Chinese people.
    So it is racism to think that all russians support Vladimir Putin ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    So it is racism to think that all russians support Vladimir Putin ?
    If by "Russians", you mean all members of the Russian ethnic group, rather than all citizens of Russia, then obviously, yeah.

If you mean all citizens regardless of ethnicity, then it's a different flavor of bigotry, but no more defensible than ethnic racism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I'm not racist towards asians. I just fucking hate China and rightfully so.
    I also hate a lot of countries, but you don't see me also applying that to the ethnic groups living in those countries.

5+ Year Old Account
    I heard they are going to give old asian ladies whistles so that "help" could come...

eh...united states of apathy, also with covid-19 people have the perfect excuse not to get involved.

Or you could have pizza in your hand, that is a perfectly valid reason too.

That model minority BS is problematic. The less well to do minorities resent them for doing better, and the majority resent them for doing better than them and taking their children's places in elite universities.

Case in point, look at the finalists and winners of the last 20 years of Regeneron Science Talent Search competition (formerly Intel Science Talent Search and Westinghouse Science Talent Search).

Because by the own words of the haters, they are directing it at the mainland Chinese.....but they are targeting American Chinese instead.

Again, I don't even think the mainland Chinese should be held responsible for the pandemic, just saying it's the justification given by those who discriminate against them.
    Literally the same argument white supremacists make when they claim black people are mostly criminals.
    The difference here is, black people do not support crime. The mainland Chinese do support genocide amongst other human rights abuses. It's definitely not the same argument.

You aren't defending your position, you're just explaining why you're prejudiced against Han Chinese people.
    Again, prejudice is only prejudice because it's irrational. If it's factual, and based on reality, then it's not prejudice.

Based on the overall response here, I can only say, no wonder genocides happen pretty often, because the good peoples are usually too busy quarreling over irrelevant nonsense like "well but it's racist to hold the culprits responsible...." to anything useful about it.

In the meantime, I am sure the victims of genocide will be so comforted when nobody helps them because "it's racist" or some other cheap high-horsing excuse.

Has anyone provided proof that this "asian hate" is actually some really big new phenomenon or trend or is it just a couple anecdotes the media happened to report on and now these few cases are on people's radars. So now all of a sudden this is some big issue? By selectively ignoring/reporting news stories that are vogue (racism against Asians or blacks or whatever) the media controls what people focus on and the narrative. "I didnt hear about thst before but now I am hearing about. This must be a new thing! Thanks Trump!"