Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    I would argue, "actual raiders are the ones doing it without buffs"

The ones using the buffs are the...what are they? Hardcore Tryhard Heavy Pumper of Steroids no Effort Raiders?

I dont get it any of this...
    Wasnt Classic WoW said to be MEGA EASY?
    Why do people need this buffs then?
    It is mega easy, but it's also mega tedious and time consuming. Buffs make the tedium parade go by faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I think if you store them that way it should make them half effective when you use the displacer. That way they'll feel less mandatory.
    No, that would just make the status quo of buff-locking your raid main feel mandatory still.

Not sure if April Fools joke. Either way, the world buff problem should have been addressed long ago. Giving players incentive to log off to preserve buffs was always terrible game design.

IMO world buffs should only be active when out in... the actual world
    Last edited by Froggy; 2021-03-31 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    so what blizzard wants you to do is lo in, gather your buffs, hit your thing, then go do other fun stuff.

What is going to happen is people are going to log in, gather, buffs, hit the thing, then log out to an alt. just like before.
    Disagree completely. I stepped away from my raiding guild that was clearing Naxx and I am 8/9 T3 warrior with a Thunderfury because the MT/RL/GM told me I was disrespecting the guild by getting my buffs the day of raid and not ahead of time. That the 1 time I was ganked by 3 rogues in Orgrimmar when I had a summon pending (went to repair) and the one time I missed ZG buff that it had "failed" me to do so. He also raged at me to get Songflower because I rarely get it. I usually don't get it because if I do, I pull threat. That same week, I missed a ZG buff because I got confused at the time of the drop and read the server drop list wrong, but got Songflower. We went on to Patchwerk, I waited the few seconds I usually do for him to establish threat and immediately tore it off him and had to stop. Which I told him beforehand, I don't get songflower because I constantly have to watch my threat and stop attacking if I do so.

TL;DR version is it would benefit me (too late now though) because I would be able to get my buffs and play normally and not waste my $15 a month when I need to use my main for something. Ironic, now I barely log into my main and have since joined another guild as their RL in preparation of BC.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    what about the fact that we are still in march ? April first is not until tomorrow
    There is no rule that you can't do it a day or 2 early. Wouldn't be surprised if they say something corporate like "even with Covid we are ahead of schedule so we decided to make april fools a little early" If they do it on the first everyone KNOWS it's not real. The wording in it alone sounds over the top and is a MASSIVE change that wouldn't be so jokey.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    so what blizzard wants you to do is lo in, gather your buffs, hit your thing, then go do other fun stuff.

What is going to happen is people are going to log in, gather, buffs, hit the thing, then log out to an alt. just like before.
    Some people will, but others will continue to play. We won't have to sit there building a raid group with 80% of the raid logged out and only able to talk on discord because we can't stay logged into the game while the group is being built.

As someone who rarely gets world buffs, I think this is a great change. On the off chance I do, I can actually use them and don't have to stop playing my character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    It is mega easy, but it's also mega tedious and time consuming. Buffs make the tedium parade go by faster.
    Pretty much this. Tedium and Time Consuming describe the Vanilla experience far better than "Difficult".

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Why just why don't they disable this idiocy????

A very "practical" solution to the problem.

It however conflicts with the strong fantasy and "it makes sense" element of Classic that makes it so great. I know some people hate this but it's one of the things I really love about Classic. You have to do quests to learn different druid forms, not just appearing in your spellbook on next level. You have to go out of your Wolf form to talk to quest givers. You have to take care of your pet by feeding it and leveling it, getting "loyalty levels". Undead monsters are immune to bleed effects. Fire elementals are immune to fire spells. All of these things are just "impractical" but it adds to the "it just makes sense" element of the game.

You kill a boss and feel accomplished, hence the buff. Your city is in good spirits as heroes has killed the dragon Onyxia. This is why you get a world buff.

This item just uses "time travel lol" as an excuse to store them in an item. It kind of reduces immersion a lot. But who cares, it fixes the world buffing meta issue I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    You can call it rich as much as you want, but looking at amount of players and how successful it has been. How many still activly playing and really hyping for TBC. Yepp, without a doubt atleast one of the most successful, and in my eyes _the_ most successful remaster of a big game.
    WoW Classic is not a remaster. W3 Remastered is. WoW Classic is just copy paste of vanilla code, you literally had the same bugs there which had to be fixed in advance instead of waiting for a major patch.

But I'll just leave you in your bubble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post

This item just uses "time travel lol" as an excuse to store them in an item. It kind of reduces immersion a lot. But who cares, it fixes the world buffing meta issue I guess.
    But you get it from a bronze dragon in WPL. Chromie already mentions temporal displacement in the quests you do for him from classic.
    If only i could learn to be sneaky like the damn Fel Reavers

This is just stupid now every raid will require world buffs

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    A very "practical" solution to the problem.

It however conflicts with the strong fantasy and "it makes sense" element of Classic that makes it so great. I know some people hate this but it's one of the things I really love about Classic. You have to do quests to learn different druid forms, not just appearing in your spellbook on next level. You have to go out of your Wolf form to talk to quest givers. You have to take care of your pet by feeding it and leveling it, getting "loyalty levels". Undead monsters are immune to bleed effects. Fire elementals are immune to fire spells. All of these things are just "impractical" but it adds to the "it just makes sense" element of the game.

You kill a boss and feel accomplished, hence the buff. Your city is in good spirits as heroes has killed the dragon Onyxia. This is why you get a world buff.

This is pretty much how I feel about it, was going to make a super similar post until I read this. A part of the reason people like the classic game is that it didn't have shit like this specifically designed for the 1% of players who want to no-life it and treat a 10+ year old game like it's a competitive esport.

When they specifically design the game with the intent of pleasing players like that it sucks just a bit of the magic out of the kind of stuff that made me interested in playing an RPG to begin with. I don't want a specifically curated and pruned game designed for raiders, I want a world that happens to also have raiding be one of the aspects you can enjoy and, if you'd like, inconvenience yourself minmaxing.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Haters will move on to tbc and everyone's happy - solid teamplay will always be stronger than worldbuffs tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Not sure if April Fools joke. Either way, the world buff problem should have been addressed long ago. Giving players incentive to log off to preserve buffs was always terrible game design.

IMO world buffs should only be active when out in... the actual world
    Or only active in dungeons and raids.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

The right think to do was to dispell them as soon as you get in a raid like in BC. That would give back Classic some of its challenge that got completely cheesed time and time again by fury warriors getting 60% damage increase from those.

lmao this is an april fools joke and its got some people seething LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Not sure if April Fools joke.
    It's still March, so, no.

Patch 1.13.7, almost beliveable April Fools, good that classic team still exists

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    April Fools jokes come out on April 1st.

It's still the 31st for almost 24 hours since this posting.
    Christmas is December 25th, doesn't stop people from starting it November 1st.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fix the real issue entirely: World buffs only active in the WORLD. Make them HIDDEN (yet still counting down duration, or until you die) until you exit raid.