Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does WoW community have a low attention span?

When the tree mount was released first 2 days everybody using it.... now Its nobody using it. Maybe this is why Blizzard don't release content?

replace wow community with the internet

there you go

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yuze View Post
    When the tree mount was released first 2 days everybody using it.... now Its nobody using it. Maybe this is why Blizzard don't release content?
    Doesn't really have anything to do with low attention span. I mean, the mount is meh, and even I used it the first day because, "Eh, it was free".
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Low attention span seems to be a pretty normal thing in the whole world anymore. it is always about what's best, what's newest, and getting to it as fast and efficiently as possible and then forgetting about it as soon as the second hand ticks getting onto the next one.

Not quite sure what a new mount has to do with attention span.

Mounts aren't something you really need to pay any attention to. You set it and forget it.

People don't like to use extremely common mounts, but like to own them.

Welcome to WoW.

Its cool the first 2 days then you realize that
    1 the model is big and gets stuck somewhere or you cant see sheet in front of you for some reason
    2 everybody has it so its not that special anymore (dont try to argue that it doesn't matter because rarity matters a lot)

Another mount that sucks is the current +15 one, why? elemental model (cool looking, shitty to use for day to day stuff. do you see many shamans running around with their class mount? or people with jaina's elemental? and a lot of people have jaina's mount because of the boosting that was going on)

The coolest all around mounts are small and good looking. Big is just for afking in town
    Last edited by Zakajz; 2021-03-31 at 06:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like getting some new, badass shoes. Then the next day, every single person in your entire school shows up wearing the exact same shoes.
    Are the shoes still badass? Yes. Do you get tired wearing them on day 2? Yes.
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

IF everybody has something it looses its value in seconds. That is just the way it is. Everywhere. Not just wow. RL. Everywhere.
    This can be applied to a bunch of things people in this forum ask for.
    If everybody in the world gets gifted the same car, it will be the most hated car in the world two days later and no one will ever buy another car of that brand ever again.

when the wow community cant even read that the game time changes were only for prepaid game time and not subs you should realize that they can barely read or even realize that theyre a toxic bunch lol oh well thats why im in a guild and not talking to randoms that are aholes in the game

I used it one time to see it, then went back to the main mount I always use that matches my mog and my RP theme. Has nothing to do with attention span and everything to do with preference.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wait, what was the topic again?

I use mine off and on, but there are also a shit ton of mounts to use. I tend to default to certain ones for certain characters (HH for my rogue, chargers for my pally) and change it up with things like the tree.

There's literally hundreds of mounts in the game. Any particular one that doesn't have a special function(e.g. Vendor mounts) not getting used by many people is expected, not surprising.

I guess you could say we just...

(•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

...couldn't see the forest through the trees.

My Night Fae druid is a dryad character concept and will use this mount always for long runs in non-flight areas.

As to the actual topic line: Yes. So does everyone in the 21st century. That's the market. Any product that "hopes you have a long attention span" exists at its own risk. That's life now, the future can't be asked/assumed to exist in the modern climate.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2021-03-31 at 07:37 PM.
    Diablo IV is the best MMORPG Blizzard has ever made!

I was in an RBG where the entire enemy team used the tree. They all charged in on us and it looked like lord of the rings. It was glorious.

Free mounts lose a lot of interest due to them being free. Doesnt really matter how cool it looks if its takes 0 effort or money.

What does it have to do with attention span?

It's neat, we've all seen it by now, goes into the random favorite mount tab with the other 50 neat mounts that everyone has seen by now. When there's 400 neat mounts already... 1 more just doesn't do a whole lot. It's no longer new, the novelty has worn off, it's just a mount. No mount without a certain amount of prestige or exclusivity to it will ever be popular for more than 1 or 2 days. They've created this situation themselves by putting 700 different mounts in the game, and by 700 I mean 100 unique mounts and 600 reskins or recolors.