Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

[TV] Disney+ Star Wars Clone Wars: The Bad Batch.

That we have an actual trailer in contrast to the other promised shows, so much animation from several episodes, I would hope this gets released in the beginning of next year, at least no later than spring..
    Killing Jedi? Bad batch are not good guys...I like the music in the trailer though

When is Star Wars: The Bad Batch release date? Latest news on Disney+ Clone Wars spin-off.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/s...-release-date/
    By David Craig Friday, 18th December 2020 at 2:55 pm

While Star Wars fans were sad to see acclaimed animated series The Clone Wars come to an end earlier this year, creator Dave Filoni is already preparing a follow-up to continue his epic saga.

The Bad Batch will follow the eponymous squad of clones introduced in the preceding series, each of whom has a genetic mutation which sets them apart from their brothers.

Set in the aftermath of Order 66 and the fall of the Republic, the show will see the former soldiers attempt to find a place in this unforgiving new galaxy.

Read on for everything we know so far about Star Wars: The Bad Batch.

When is Star Wars: The Bad Batch released on Disney+?

There’s no official release date for Star Wars: The Bad Batch just yet, but we do know that the series will be released on Disney+ in 2021.

What is Star Wars: The Bad Batch about?

In the days after Order 66, we return to see how the devastating event affected the elite troop of mutated clones known as The Bad Batch, first introduced in The Clone Wars.

Each member possesses a singular exceptional skill which helped make them among the most successful soldiers of the entire Republic, but in the post-Clone War era, they find themselves lacking purpose.

Taking on dangerous missions as mercenaries, they attempt to forge a new path through the galaxy.

Star Wars: The Bad Batch cast

Dee Bradley Baker will return to voice the members of The Bad Batch, having also voiced the entire clone army in Star Wars: The Clone Wars and some episodes of Rebels.

It has also been announced that The Mandalorian star Ming-Na Wen will reprise her role as Fennec Shand in the series, which will offer insight into her earlier years.

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-05-04 at 11:33 AM.

Seems like Republic Commando as a show.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I hate the title The bad bitch
    But that is a good title.

10+ Year Old Account
    SW needs a thread like the MCU one at this point.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    SW needs a thread like the MCU one at this point.
    Which is kind of worrying to me.
    Don't get me wrong, i love to see more of that show, but the numbers of (interconnected) TV-shows reminds me too much of the Arrowverse. They risk over-saturation with the sheer amount of shows, then the problems with people not liking one show and missing those cross-overs ...
    It's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for them.

The trailer itself is fine, if a bit too generic for me. Shots under 3 seconds and a very used song-setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

5+ Year Old Account
    https://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...-premiere-date
    Lucasfilm and The Walt Disney Company announced today that Star Wars: The Bad Batch — the next Star Wars animated series – will debut on May the 4th, a.k.a Star Wars Day, exclusively on Disney+, with the second episode premiering on Friday, May 7. Subsequent episodes will premiere on Fridays.

5+ Year Old Account
    New trailer

Was that Saw Gerrera?

Who is that kid? Hmmm he is on Kamino, is he a force-sensitive clone? He is called Omega.

this reminds me of Yoda talking about the force n clones
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-03-30 at 05:56 PM.

The show seems to be of the same high quality as the last seasons of CW, which is good. Visuals, audio, everything seems top notch. So it should be highly entertaining.

Just one problem IMO:
    It has a fix cast of 7 people, which is bad. Unlike CW and just like Rebels having such a small roster of characters means that nothing permanently bad is going to happen to them. The same way i can't take the action scenes in Mandalorian serious and skip through them, knowing that NOTHING can harm them takes the fun out of watching these characters go to town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

5+ Year Old Account
    They might all die though? Except Saw n Fennec

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    The show seems to be of the same high quality as the last seasons of CW, which is good. Visuals, audio, everything seems top notch. So it should be highly entertaining.

Just one problem IMO:
    It has a fix cast of 7 people, which is bad. Unlike CW and just like Rebels having such a small roster of characters means that nothing permanently bad is going to happen to them. The same way i can't take the action scenes in Mandalorian serious and skip through them, knowing that NOTHING can harm them takes the fun out of watching these characters go to town.
    Rebels had no problem risking the lives of its fixed cast. For what Resistance was, it's characters also weren't assumed safe.

Mandalorian has plot armor issue for sure but we still got at least two meaningful deaths in the first season.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

it looks cool but its a shame i wont be able to watch it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    it looks cool but its a shame i wont be able to watch it.
    Gotta ask - why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Gotta ask - why?
    money issues.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I have to say out of all the announcements over this past year this one was one of the ones I was pretty meh about when I heard about it. But this trailer really sold me on giving this a real go. I am fairly interested in the Revenge of the Sith to New Hope (R1) gap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    They might all die though? Except Saw n Fennec
    Um this is no Rogue One lol

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Um this is no Rogue One lol
    they don't look like the crew planning to die of old age though..

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    money issues.
    Well, we do not discuss the, uhh, alternative here, but if there is a will, there is a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

5+ Year Old Account
    Didn't expect to see 'Caleb' aka Kanan Jarrus (name he changed into), the jedi from star wars rebels as a kid.

was a very long episode, nice!

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Didn't expect to see 'Caleb' aka Kanan Jarrus (name he changed into), the jedi from star wars rebels as a kid.

was a very long episode, nice!
    That was a nice fit. Just a little weird hearing adult Freddie Prince Jr's voice coming out of a teenager.

The episode was pretty good set up for the series. I wonder if they are going to set up Crosshair being the source for the Death Troopers later or rather used as the baseline. And while not yet confirmed, it seems that Omega is a female variant of the Jango clones. Appearance wise she looks like she could be Boba Fett's sister.

Also betting that Omega will be revealed to be Force Sensitive at some point.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    I really liked omega, hope nothing bad happens to her, a good kid

Star Wars: The Bad Batch Season 1 Has 16 Episodes

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-bad...episode-count/
    BY RICHARD FINK - 9 HOURS AGO

Star Wars: The Bad Batch season 1 has been confirmed to have sixteen episodes. The series, a spinoff of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, will follow an elite group of Clone Troopers with genetic mutations from their fellow clones as they navigate their way through the galaxy as the Clone Wars come to an end and the Galactic Empire rises. The characters were introduced in the first four episodes of the final season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

In an interview with CNET, director Brad Rau revealed the first season of Star Wars: The Bad Batch will consist of sixteen episodes. That is four more episodes than the final season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars and on par with the first and final seasons of Star Wars: Rebels. He added that he could not confirm if Lucasfilm had any more seasons planned after that.

Similar to the first season of The Mandalorian, which aired two episodes in its first week and then shifted to a weekly schedule afterward, this means Star Wars: The Bad Batch will run for fifteen weeks on Disney+. At one episode a week after the initial premiere week, Star Wars: The Bad Batch will run through most of the summer and finish season 1 by August 13, 2021. Coincidently, that will be close to the 13th anniversary of the release of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars film, which was released on August 15, 2008.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-05-04 at 12:01 PM.