Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by yuze View Post
    When the tree mount was released first 2 days everybody using it.... now Its nobody using it. Maybe this is why Blizzard don't release content?
    Not at all - nothing wrong with our attention span at all. Speaking of spans, have you seen the new Snyder cut? Man that thing is MASSIVE! actually, you know that ship that got stuck? that thing was HUGE! you know some Mexicans used SUBMARINES to smuggle drugs? You know Pablo was spending like, thousands of dollars a month on rubber-bands just to hold all his money together? Crazy man, totally crazy - not as crazy as the song CRAZY TRAIN! though, what a song! some say black sabbath invented heavy metal, but i really dont think so. Ozzy is pretty awesome though, the man, not the country - actually, the country is pretty ok too - lots of Australians there though, but thats ok. Member when wow didnt have any servers in australia? that was some dark times man, dark times. Speaking of wow, this is a wow sub forum, we really should be talking about wow, not ozzy osborne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

The guy that talked about practicality was right.

Also, the one that said this is the internet.

None of this is news. Why are you more excited about getting a game on release day rather than 6 months down the line? It's the buzz/excitement. It's new, everyone showed it off, and now it's over. It's not a practical mount so people don't use it much.

There is also a generalization you are making based on personal experience. Likely, there are still quite a few people using it, but in the universe of WoW, it's no longer a big deal.

This literally happens with all entertainment. It's not the atention span, it's consumerism. It got exacerbated with social networks.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-04-01 at 05:01 AM.

When the tree mount was released first 2 days everybody using it.... now Its nobody using it. Maybe this is why Blizzard don't release content?
    Because isnt rare nor esclusive, people want to play MMO RPG to "show off" and "flex" their achievements, if everybody has the same gear/mount/title is no longer "special"

Like everybody has "%player, Light of Dawn" in 2021 so it isnt any special even if it is related to something very special back in WOTLK, meanwhile "Hand of A'dal" or "Champion of the Naaru" are more special-rare due to the fact that these title are no longer obtainable, unless you still have the last quest step, so these are more special.

For example in Shadowlands the "Fun Guy" title that you get from the mushroom npc if you are Night Fae, is more unique.

In a game with over 500 mounts and really FEW of them no longer in the game, is pretty easy to understand what is wrong with the game

please close this thread. A new account with just a other : wow is dead thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    replace wow community with the internet

there you go
    Replace the internet with the world.

And it has nothing to do with attention span. People just used it to see what it's like then went back to the mounts they worked for or like better.

I'm not a mount collector and i have like 300+ mounts... like me im sure most people random summon their mounts so yeah...1/300 chance you'll see it if you run past

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    we most certainly do not... oh look a butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Replace the internet with the world.

And it has nothing to do with attention span. People just used it to see what it's like then went back to the mounts they worked for or like better.
    ..wouldn't the internet constitute the world? I mean even most third world countries have at least SOME access to it these days

10+ Year Old Account
    People will usually use a mount either because it matches their class/transmo, because it took hard work to get, or because it is prestigious.

The ancient falls in the first category, and only for a selected few, so people got rid of it rather quickly even though it's cool. For example I still use the Kor'kron War Wolf because of bragging rights and the RBG war ram because it took me ages to get

*shrug* It's an okayish mount, but it will never replace my Bee. I only switch too another mount when in the Maw or when I need to repair.

Best thing is that this Bee has sworn allegiance to the Alliance and not like those duplicitious Pandas that are playing both sides! One day we will see that the Pandas are behind it all, they have a plan and we will all be destroyed!

While mounts have nothing to do with attention span,the answer to your question is still yes

Despite of all Blizzards' attempts to push no flying, ground mounts just aren't interesting for me. I have only one favorite ground mount and don't use anything else.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

remember free hong kong? they sure dont.

I don't even know wtf that means? Define a "low" attention span

Useless thread is useless, measuring the attention-span of a population based on something like that would get you laughed out of every scientific circle.

After getting 300-350 mounts idgaf about them anymore.

I just stick with my Ghastly Charger. Have done so since WoD

A mount that everyone has is not something exciting

I think my free firey destrolock class mount is perfect for Revendreth and screw the other zones!

I gotta drop by and add a big YES.