Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I've always ran with the definition of p2w being any advantage one can obtain by paying for it, where there exists no alternative through gameplay. That last part being the most important. If the only method to max level was buying it, I'd consider that p2w, but since there exists alternatives, the "win" condition isn't solely "My Wallet".
    Does that mean if blizz sold full end game mythic raid gear it wouldn't be p2w?

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Still not really. Anyone wanting to play BCC will either get the boost or level beforehand. I highly doubt there will even be one person show shows up on release with a level 1 character.
    If this would have been in Classic on day one. Yes that would have been problematic. But is isn't. And all you skip is irrelevant content at point of a race where everyone else is allready over the finishline and queues for the next race.
    The boost is for people who would play BC but did not have fun with classic. These people will probably not play BC if they can't skip classic. More players in BC better game for everybody.

There is no advantage as there are next to no people to have an advantage over at that point. Either you are allready max level or your are not. Those who are not won't play it now as they have no interest in classic and spend days and days playing content they have zero interest in
    The boost is available in retail as well. So it still gives people an advantage over players not spending that $60 to jump right into an expansion. Just because it's not a gigantic advantage doesn't negate the fact that it's still an advantage by definition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    That is a very bad way to think. That kind of mentality is cancerous, selfish and people who think like this really need to screw off. In fact if anything this makes me even less sympathetic to people with popular requests. Its one thing to want something that is just more popular. Its another thing to want to screw over a more niche fanbase and actively act like they don't matter at all. Besides. Like I said before. If blizzard catered to popular requests always then it would be a slippery slope and lots of things we think of as popular right now would suddenly become the new niche. You realize that even if they did cater to popular requests there would always be one at the bottom. There is so many issues with this kind of thinking.
    Lmao right right. Sorry but gnome and goblin players absolutely should not be catered to AT ALL. They make up such a tiny portion of the playerbase that I really don't understand why Blizzard decided to be ridiculous and make mechagnomes. As I said, gnome and goblin fans make up less of the playerbase than mythic raiders do. I couldn't care less if gnome and goblin players are unhappy because they are such a tiny minority that their complaints should just be ignored. Catering to them does nothing but waste resources when it could have been better spent elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The boost is available in retail as well. So it still gives people an advantage over players not spending that $60 to jump right into an expansion. Just because it's not a gigantic advantage doesn't negate the fact that it's still an advantage by definition.

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao right right. Sorry but gnome and goblin players absolutely should not be catered to AT ALL. They make up such a tiny portion of the playerbase that I really don't understand why Blizzard decided to be ridiculous and make mechagnomes. As I said, gnome and goblin fans make up less of the playerbase than mythic raiders do. I couldn't care less if gnome and goblin players are unhappy because they are such a tiny minority that their complaints should just be ignored. Catering to them does nothing but waste resources when it could have been better spent elsewhere.
    Ah well...
    Don't care^^ The Advantage is so negligible that there is no reason to get annyoed by it. If oyu meat anyone in BC you will not see if he is boosted or not. Because in the end there is no advantage.

Retail maybe a bit. Because new players maybe would level through the old world and it is faster than ever before.
    Still negligible... no one cares about leveling after the first month of the expansion. And boosts tend to come at the end.

Hoenstly. This is even less P2W than the fact you could buy mythic loot by spending thousands of "insert-currency"s on the AH in retail. That gives you an actual advantage. But is way to expensive for anyone really.
    I don't see what people are afraid here. What do people actually think will happen with the boost? How will it affect you or anyone in anyway? They get literraly nothing in the current content. People bossting won't level faster from 60 to 70. They won't clear anything faster. They are exactly as anyone who played classic but waaaay weaker as they only get 58 and dungeon blues.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Ah well...
    Don't care^^ The Advantage is so negligible that there is no reason to get annyoed by it. If oyu meat anyone in BC you will not see if he is boosted or not. Because in the end there is no advantage.

Retail maybe a bit. Because new players maybe would level through the old world and it is faster than ever before.
    Still negligible... no one cares about leveling after the first month of the expansion. And boosts tend to come at the end.

Hoenstly. This is even less P2W than the fact you could buy mythic loot by spending thousands of "insert-currency"s on the AH in retail. That gives you an actual advantage. But is way to expensive for anyone really.
    I don't see what people are afraid here. What do people actually think will happen with the boost? How will it affect you or anyone in anyway? They get literraly nothing in the current content. People bossting won't level faster from 60 to 70. They won't clear anything faster. They are exactly as anyone who played classic but waaaay weaker as they only get 58 and dungeon blues.
    Regardless of the size of the advantage, it still is one and therefore is a form of P2W. I'm not campaigning for it to be removed. I'm just sick of people saying it's 100% not P2W.

10+ Year Old Account
    When people equate casuals as bad players and hardcores as good players.
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You missed the point of this post by around 4/7.
    subjective 10/10

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    subjective 10/10
    No. This thread is about opinions, 4 out of your 7 points are your opinions about the game or blizz. Not opinions you are annoyed about.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    There has never been a point in any video game where you couldn't pay someone to play it for you.
    Fortunately, it was considered cheating in many of those games, and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Care to respond to anything I said instead of things I didn't?
    You didn't say anything verifiable, so why should I bother?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    That casuals don't deserve character progression and should stick to playing barbie dress up.
    What a dishonest post. No one makes this argument, that is pure reductio ad absurdum

Quote Originally Posted by Shyning View Post
    What a dishonest post. No one makes this argument, that is pure reductio ad absurdum
    There are people in this very thread that prove otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    You didn't say anything verifiable, so why should I bother?
    If you had to "verify" speculation on this forum we'd never be able to discuss anything. When you refuse to acknowledge the argument presented and instead cling to the idea of authenticity it seems more likely that you simply don't have a valid rebuke.

"Just wait guys, when Shadowlands comes all will miss BfA".

The notion that the current expansion is always the worst and it will be praised when the next comes. Those who have that mindset got some serious evaluation issues.

Never worked like that, never will. BfA was so bad during the expansion, thinking about it now, its even worse. Its not an automatic thing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    If you had to "verify" speculation on this forum we'd never be able to discuss anything. When you refuse to acknowledge the argument presented and instead cling to the idea of authenticity it seems more likely that you simply don't have a valid rebuke.
    I don't have a rebuke of any kind because *drumroll* there is nothing to rebuke. Basic debate rules, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I don't have a rebuke of any kind because *drumroll* there is nothing to rebuke. Basic debate rules, you know.
    You never addressed a single fucking thing I said. You completely dismissed everything because speculating about how people actually buy boosts is inconvenient for your argument that the WoW token somehow makes the game P2W.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-04-02 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caracra View Post
    That argument is spammed in trade chat on RP servers, especially Moonguard, just fyi, lol.
    then it should be easy to prove

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    There are people in this very thread that prove otherwise.
    Arguing that casuals don’t deserve the same level of progression as hardcore players is not arguing that they don’t deserve any progression. That is, again, reductio ad absurdum