Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bepples View Post
    *Screech*
    Okay, buddy, it sounds like you've been too salty for years. Melee SV is here to stay, maybe use your screech energy on something more productive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Survival needs a buff. Once it's buffed to be viable or even fotm, we'll see does it need a revamp or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Survival needs a buff. Once it's buffed to be viable or even fotm, we'll see does it need a revamp or not.

There were times when MSV was the correct choice dps wise already, so we already know the answer for that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Bepples View Post
    Supposing they reverted it, which I'm unfortunately very skeptical about, how do you think they would deal with Legion content that basically revolves around the melee artifact? If they leave the option to level through Legion content with a revamped ranged Surv, it's basically impossible.
    Revamp the Survival artifact? Lol, no.
    So Bepples, as much as being the OP in this thread, I think we're left with just wishful thinking.
    By any chance, did you ever consider this matter? Really curious to hear suggestions from people that are positive about an eventual revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by renatompassos View Post
    Really curious to hear suggestions from people that are positive about an eventual revamp.
    Old content isn't going to be what stops blizz if they decide a revamp, a 4th spec, or some other solution is the correct choice going forward. If we believe it is (because Blizz doesn't want to add onto Legion content) then that would also mean no new classes or specs of any sort.

Those are major selling points, and I cannot reasonably see Blizz not adding at the very least a new class in the future regardless of whatever happens with survival. So it'll have to be addressed at some point in the future regardless.

They could make the survival story line unplayable by removing it (personally, would rather a 4th spec and don't think this is a great solution by any means, though it wouldn't be the first time for Blizz to remove content) and make the revamped SV just play MM / BM's storyline.

They could as part of the intro into Legion give new classes a generic weapon that works with artifacts and not give a class story. Which is lazy but requires little work on Blizz's part so they don't have to revisit Legion every time 5hey want to add or revamp something, etc.

I don't think Legion is as big of an issue as it is made out to be. Or rather, it shouldn't be. I don't think Blizz is going to let old content dictate what they can or cannot add to the game if they want to.

It’s different peon... New classes (at least the hero ones) start at higher levels and tied to the expansion they’re brought into. So our tinker or whatever won’t ever be allowed to play Legion class-specific content. Which also suggests they won’t ever do a Monk situation again (new class starting at lvl 1).
    Revamped specs of basic classes on the other hand... and it gets even worse given the fact this was the 1st situation of its kind: ranged to melee or vice-versa.
    Last edited by renatompassos; 2021-03-25 at 05:22 PM.

Not every new class has been a hero class (Monk). Not every new class is guaranteed to be a hero class either.

Beyond that, there's literally nothing from stopping someone from going back to do old content even if they do release a new hero class if they want.

The class storyline are not the only storyline from Legion and there is still the dungeons and raids people enjoy farming for various reasons.

It's quite literally something they are going to have to address eventually anyway which is why I'm not overly concerned about it concerning a potential revamp with SV. And again, I'd rather they just implement a 4th spec so as not to repeat the mistakes they made with Legion.

By any chance, did you ever consider this matter? Really curious to hear suggestions from people that are positive about an eventual revamp.
    Yes I have considered it. Now that Legion content is optional the solution to this doesn't have to be perfect. The cheap, fast way of handling it is giving ranged SV Hunters the Marksmanship artifact. The more involved solution is tacking on a ranged weapon to the end of the current Survival change and retconning some lore explanation in as to why you don't get the spear. The most involved solution is making a new chain entirely, but this would never be worth it.

As for existing artifact weapons, they can make their appearances account-bound so you can use them on other classes. They could also add a cosmetic-only melee weapon that you can see on your character but don't actually use.

Just keep the theme as it is but change their spears into thrown ranged weapons (through a passive, not making all polearms ranged weapons). That way, you wouldn't need to even mess with the Legion stuff. It can be like that quest in Bastion where you become an ascended in the void realm and they throw spears.

Raptor strike/mongoose bite and carve/butchery would become ranged abilities, same with muzzle and wing clip. Aspect of the eagle would need a new function, and harpoon might need a targeting circle or be made to work on friendly targets like intervene.

A spear thrower ranged spec with traps and grenades sounds really fun actually.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Just keep the theme as it is but change their spears into thrown ranged weapons (through a passive, not making all polearms ranged weapons). That way, you wouldn't need to even mess with the Legion stuff. It can be like that quest in Bastion where you become an ascended in the void realm and they throw spears.

Raptor strike/mongoose bite and carve/butchery would become ranged abilities, same with muzzle and wing clip. Aspect of the eagle would need a new function, and harpoon might need a targeting circle or be made to work on friendly targets like intervene.

sounds like amazon from d2 and i kinda like it.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    In 2v2 arena, where survival is very strong you see it more than MM or BM.

If survival was strongest spec for M+ and raiding you'd see them everywhere. But if class has 3 dps specs, it's only normal lowest simming spec will be overwhelmingly less popular. How many arcane mages you see compared to fire? How many demo locks? Outlaw rogues?

That's the problem with all pure dps classes.
    even if survival sims higher hunters will avoid speccing to it because melees simply arent as useful at dealing with mechanics, which is what hunters generally excel at over all other classes.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Im really not sure anymore are people at this point troll with these topics, feel the need to feed their whatever it is or are they really serious.

Since melee rework hunters community got split, both side have their own valid arguments and points, all of them are on point and justified.
    Why the fuck people feel the need to poke beehive again and again when this battle was fought over vast internet field of forums, hundred of times over countless of pages.
    And it always ends up the same, no point at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    Im really not sure anymore are people at this point troll with these topics, feel the need to feed their whatever it is or are they really serious.

Since melee rework hunters community got split, both side have their own valid arguments and points, all of them are on point and justified.
    Why the fuck people feel the need to poke beehive again and again when this battle was fought over vast internet field of forums, hundred of times over countless of pages.
    And it always ends up the same, no point at all.
    Because the issue hasn't been solved and still pisses people off? We'll keep bringing it till the end of days, sorry.

Changing topics
    From the April 1st joking blue post:
    "Priest
    Power Infusion now exclusively targets Survival Hunters.
    If no Survival Hunters are in your group, Power Infusion is applied to a “random” friendly target."

LOLLLL. Them joking about Survival hunters was the best! Good sign that it's also internally recognized as a failure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post

Oh the dream... That was the best suggestion so far and it solves the Legion issue. Too bad we'll have to wait a couple years till 10.0 announcement to find out their plans for Surv (if any)

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Here's the thing. The others are already playing and paying, because MM and BM still behave similarly to old Survival. New Survival players are still playing.
    That's just not true though. I've played all the specs as a progress spec... Neither of the current ones play as SV used to play in Dragon Soul lets say.

10+ Year Old Account
    As inevitable as SMF or 2h frost. I think the only reason we didn't get it in SL is because it would take more work than slapping on a passive with minor tuning. Even if i'm wrong, we'll have it in 1.5-2 years when wotlk classic comes around. Ranged SV enjoyers stay winning.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2021-04-06 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    sounds like amazon from d2 and i kinda like it.
    Exactly, and it has WoW lore with the troll headhunters too .

The artist made this for a marksmanship class skin, but I think it could work equally well (or perhaps even better) as survival abilities:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...KINS-Yes-or-No

Oh the dream... That was the best suggestion so far and it solves the Legion issue. Too bad we'll have to wait a couple years till 10.0 announcement to find out their plans for Surv (if any)
    Yea its too bad. I wish they would do a class rework during a major patch, survival needs it!

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I'd rather see a complete reversal back to the MoP version, thanks.
    This. All the this. MoP SV was so fun.

SV would be so easy to fix. Blizz just doesn't care enough to fix it for whatever reason. First off, its rotation is great, but only if you talent into Mongoose Bite and Wildfire Infusion. Without either of those talents, the quality of the rotation instantly tanks. Those two talents need to be baseline (so I can finally take Chakrams and not feel bad about it). Next, SV needs some kind of unique utility. As it is now, there's no reason to bring a SV Hunter to your group over BM or MM, since they can do everything SV can do, but at range. SV just needs something unique that BM and MM can't do, and it'll be golden.

Melee survival should be moved to the third demon hunter spec, and hunter survival reverted to a ranged spec.

It doesn't matter how good melee survival is (and it is excellent, a really fun spec). Hunters didn't choose the class with a bow icon 15 years ago to sit in melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Melee survival should be moved to the third demon hunter spec, and hunter survival reverted to a ranged spec.

It doesn't matter how good melee survival is (and it is excellent, a really fun spec). Hunters didn't choose the class with a bow icon 15 years ago to sit in melee.
    NO but the fantasy of Rexxar is what they wanted and not what they got! Had they put in where you could use two one handers, use pets to include BM only pets and traps I think it would have been a bit more popular. Just my opinion