... LastLast
    World of Diablo please
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ulululu View Post

I can totally imagine you few years back causing the issue partially.
    So devs release $#&@ that caters to a reduced % of the playerbase, leaving everyone else out in the cold, so when the latter leave they have to be blamed on as well? Sorry if I don't share your twisted reasoning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    World of Diablo please
    It's called post-Legion WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    the game I haven't even remotely enjoyed for 7 years
    Sounds like you are happier elsewhere.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    Sounds like you are happier elsewhere.
    I am. Absolutely.

I am. Absolutely.
    Then why waste time complaining about this game when you are absolutely happy elsewhere? Why should your negative opinion about the game trump someone's positive experience with it?

5+ Year Old Account
    Then why waste time complaining about this game when you are absolutely happy elsewhere? Why should your negative opinion about the game trump someone's positive experience with it?
    First, just because I am happy with one game, it doesn't mean I can't check how other games are doing. I don't intend to live in a bubble where only my current favorites exist. Also, not everyone I see is as happy and content as you are. Others haven't even branched out by their own admission. Bottom line is, there is a lot to discuss with a lot of people. And while I may not enjoy WoW, I do enjoy these little discussions.

First, just because I am happy with one game, it doesn't mean I can't check how other games are doing. I don't intend to live in a bubble where only my current favorites exist. Also, not everyone I see is as happy and content as you are. Others haven't even branched out by their own admission. Bottom line is, there is a lot to discuss with a lot of people. And while I may not enjoy WoW, I do enjoy these little discussions.
    But you're not really checking on how other games are doing. You are singling out a game that disappointed you 7 years ago and are still haunting the forums out of some personal need to trash talk the group that disappointed you rather than simply moving into the FF Forum and having interesting and enjoyable conversations about a game you are actually enjoying. If you were just talking facts and not bringing your own baggage into all of it, I could see your posts having some merit, but the more I read, the more it just has this "that bitch broke my heart 7 years ago and I still have to bitch about it" vibe to it.

5+ Year Old Account
    But you're not really checking on how other games are doing.
    Yes I am. Or do you have access to the hard drives to both my computers? No you do not. This year I have played five different MMOs. And, tired as I am to repeat myself, I do enjoy the conversations here for the most part. Or are you just upset this page isn't your personal echo chamber? Go, enjoy the spring weather, have some tea.

But you're not really checking on how other games are doing. You are singling out a game that disappointed you 7 years ago and are still haunting the forums out of some personal need to trash talk the group that disappointed you rather than simply moving into the FF Forum and having interesting and enjoyable conversations about a game you are actually enjoying. If you were just talking facts and not bringing your own baggage into all of it, I could see your posts having some merit, but the more I read, the more it just has this "that bitch broke my heart 7 years ago and I still have to bitch about it" vibe to it.
    The mentality of people who spend their time shitposting forums about games they quit playing the better part of a decade ago is something I will never understand, but this forum sure does have a lot of them

Or are you just upset this page isn't your personal echo chamber?
    Pot meet kettle. You don't seem to enjoy the conversations here. You seem bitter about WoW and are happy to spew that bitterness on anyone who doesn't bow down to FF, or some other lackluster MMO that will never fully measure up to the juggernaut that is Blizzard. Do I like everything they do? No. So when I stop enjoying something I simply move on rather than passive aggressively sharing my disdain for the product. Maybe if you had even something tiny in the way of a positive statement about the game, I might believe things like "I do enjoy the conversations for the most part", but just like the others who are jaded or entitled, when the game stops catering to your playstyle, then it must be garbage. Ah well. There's no changing that opinion since the last 7 years have not been so great according to your other post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baksheesh View Post
    The mentality of people who spend their time shitposting forums about games they quit playing the better part of a decade ago is something I will never understand, but this forum sure does have a lot of them
    Agreed. I have lost track of the number of "I stopped playing years ago but still come here to whine about it" users over the past few years. I hate CNN but you won't find me on their fan site bashing their crappy media. Great observation by the way.

This has been my least favorite expansion so far. The zones, while nice to look at, are a pain in the ass to traverse. I'm not a fan of the anima farm and the season pass style ranks either. Don't even get me started on how you can't use your regular mount in the maw. I realize that's changing in 9.1, but the damage is done for me. I just hate the zone now.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    This has been my least favorite expansion so far. The zones, while nice to look at, are a pain in the ass to traverse. I'm not a fan of the anima farm and the season pass style ranks either. Don't even get me started on how you can't use your regular mount in the maw. I realize that's changing in 9.1, but the damage is done for me. I just hate the zone now.
    Feel 100% the same.
    the more alts you level the maw becomes just increasing miserable

This expansion feels very hollow and passionless. Just systems piled on top of systems, designed to drip feed content and keep people subbed. I really hope they can turn things around in 9.1 but I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTrolling View Post
    This expansion feels very hollow and passionless. Just systems piled on top of systems, designed to drip feed content and keep people subbed. I really hope they can turn things around in 9.1 but I'm not holding my breath.
    This is the most accurate, succinct description I have read. I loved Legion and BfA but Shadowlands is empty for me. This is the first expac I have played where I can't even motivate myself to do all of the dungeons atleast once.

5+ Year Old Account
    I can second this. Legion was pretty good, all things considered, and BfA, while being a crippled Legion when it came to gameplay, was at least more casual friendly than SL, go figure. SL has the most transparent retention mechanisms ever put in place, so my desire to play nosedived after a couple of months - something that not even the Azerite !@#$show of early BfA had managed.

Dont forget that its just thematically a mess to the point that you only are aware its Warcraft because you're told it is. Its not only a hot mess of an expansion, it's going to go down as the most forgetable by a mile.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's more likely Kotick would sell the Warcraft IP and games to Tencent.
    Oh boy, funny enough they might have handled WoW better considering their handling of games.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Actually a good take. Say for instance anima grind...Been on that wheel since January, but Im still not done with my covenant buildings. Or what about cosmetics/mounts locked behind covenants - I already have all the dropable zone-mounts but 1 (theater of pain), but later on when covenant crap gets easier to switch Im back grinding something Id rather work on now.

WoW's gating systems sucks, always had.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Actually a good take. Say for instance anima grind...Been on that wheel since January, but Im still not done with my covenant buildings.
    Up until this reset, you wouldn't even have had enough souls.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baksheesh View Post
    Assuming that everyone who criticises some aspects of the game is "a shit poster who quit ten years ago" is such a stretch that I'm really worried about your shoulders. And if you don't understand, it's common sense to shut the #$&@ up until you do.