7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelRichards View Post
    My guild teamed up with another 25-man guild who also had trouble getting Lich King on heroic down and we managed on the 2nd night together! I NEVER thought I would win the one thing I wanted most from that boss but I freakin' did. Imagine my happiness right there and then!
    Are you from the future or the past? Anyways, grats on Invincible!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Are you from the future or the past? Anyways, grats on Invincible!
    He's been copying other people's posts (look at page one post 8, see anything familiar?) so he can advertise some crap io game website.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    He's been copying other people's posts (look at page one post 8, see anything familiar?) so he can advertise some crap io game website.
    Oh noes, you found an imposter! *report*

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I reported this guy already and nothign was done :/
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I reported this guy already and nothign was done :/
    Well he had 2 ads up and now he only has one so that's something at least...

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished Layer 8 of the Twisting Corridors - the Maw (and the intro for alts) feels soooooo much better now!

Can you really classify a 100% drop, as a rare mount?

TC8 isn't easy... It's a feat to get (and grats on that), but I wouldn't call it rare, when it's a guarantied drop.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

7+ Year Old Account

TC8 isn't easy... It's a feat to get (and grats on that), but I wouldn't call it rare, when it's a guarantied drop.
    I guess it depends on your definition of rare? Does it mean not many people have it? Or just rare drops. I guess people have to decide for themselves - we also had people posting keystone master mounts in the past. Besides that, technically, mythic endboss mounts are also 100% drops for the time being. Last but not least, with 567 collected mounts according to Mounts Journal, the amount of possible rare drops isn't really that high anymore for me haha.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

First of all...it's subjective what is rare and what isn't. To some people Invincible is still incredibly rare to this day, to others it's a complete pleb mount. The point of this thread is to share the happiness caused by the acquisition of a mount. Not for fun policemen telling people what they can and cannot post. There's no official guidelines about it, just like there's no official definition of what "rare" means.

Secondly, there are different understandings of rare".Something can have an incredibly rare chance of dropping from a trivial source, or something can have a 100% drop rate from completing a challenging piece of content, and potentially a couple other variations. I'm sure many would argue that the latter is actually way rarer than the former.

Of course this will differ on a case-by-case basis, but I'd say that Corridor Creeper is definitely rarer than 1% raid mounts (Invincible, Ashes, Blazing Drake, and the like). Clearing tbc and wrath raids takes no almost no time and for sure no skill. Getting a character ready to clear them takes like 3-4 hours these days. Twisting Corridors is a 15 hour struggle, and while it's not the hardest thing in the world it requires good command of your character and knowledge about it.

Finally, using your logic, one would have to assume that gladiator mounts are not rare because they are 100% rewards as well, doesn't make much sense now does it?
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    First of all...it's subjective what is rare and what isn't. To some people Invincible is still incredibly rare to this day, to others it's a complete pleb mount. The point of this thread is to share the happiness caused by the acquisition of a mount. Not for fun policemen telling people what they can and cannot post. There's no official guidelines about it, just like there's no official definition of what "rare" means.

Secondly, there are different understandings of rare".Something can have an incredibly rare chance of dropping from a trivial source, or something can have a 100% drop rate from completing a challenging piece of content, and potentially a couple other variations. I'm sure many would argue that the latter is actually way rarer than the former.

Of course this will differ on a case-by-case basis, but I'd say that Corridor Creeper is definitely rarer than 1% raid mounts (Invincible, Ashes, Blazing Drake, and the like). Clearing tbc and wrath raids takes no almost no time and for sure no skill. Getting a character ready to clear them takes like 3-4 hours these days. Twisting Corridors is a 15 hour struggle, and while it's not the hardest thing in the world it requires good command of your character and knowledge about it.

Finally, using your logic, one would have to assume that gladiator mounts are not rare because they are 100% rewards as well, doesn't make much sense now does it?
    1% drop is per definition rare, as you can do 1000 runs and never see it drop, or see it drop and loose a roll, if in a group (happened twice for me for Barron's mount while levelling, when drop rate was still 1:2000), but a "do X event and you get Y reward" is never rare, as you can literally wait until it's trivial to get (e.g. Sarth3D mount); it's only a question of determination.

Turtle from fishing is easy but still rare: I have 7600ish attempts logged in Rarity, which probably means 10.000+ casts since WotLK, but it still eludes me.

TC8 mount is (currently) hard to get, as it's current content. It will change in a patch or two..

I got my TC8 mount after I made the above remark. I still don't see it as rare, but I do acknowledge that it takes effort (I congratulated her with it), but it's not rare in my eyes.

Hope it makes sense.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

TC8 mount is (currently) hard to get, as it's current content. It will change in a patch or two..
    Or in other words, it's currently rare, because barely anyone has it. It's pretty simple. You did not address us pointing out that the same logic can be applied to final raid bosses on mythic difficulty and gladiator mounts. These are both 100% "chance" rewards for doing content. Are these not rare?

No, 1% chance is not rare "per definition", because everyone can have a different definition of what the threshold for something becoming rare is. As someone who has 50 characters I don't personally see them as rare at all, but I definitely understand other viewpoints and I'm not bitching about people posting 1% drop rate mounts as achievements, I even do so myself because it's still decent luck to get them quickly. It is definitely way easier to get a 1% mount than the Torghast mount, or any rated pvp mounts, that's just a fact.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

1% drop is per definition rare, as you can do 1000 runs and never see it drop, or see it drop and loose a roll, if in a group (happened twice for me for Barron's mount while levelling, when drop rate was still 1:2000), but a "do X event and you get Y reward" is never rare, as you can literally wait until it's trivial to get (e.g. Sarth3D mount); it's only a question of determination.

Turtle from fishing is easy but still rare: I have 7600ish attempts logged in Rarity, which probably means 10.000+ casts since WotLK, but it still eludes me.

I got my TC8 mount after I made the above remark. I still don't see it as rare, but I do acknowledge that it takes effort (I congratulated her with it), but it's not rare in my eyes.

Hope it makes sense.
    You are correct!

This thread has been largely devoid of sematic bitching.

Let's keep it that way, hmm?

BTW grats on the Creeper, it does make the Maw marginally less awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post

If you find the Maw so awful without mounts, why haven't you collected the quest mount? It's completely free, with no hard content; just tedious to grind..

If you find the Maw so awful without mounts, why haven't you collected the quest mount? It's completely free, with no hard content; just tedious to grind..
    I have the Creeper.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't you need Venari reputation to max to even start the quest mount? If so, that's not really an option for people who hate the current version of the Maw without mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news - got Aeonaxx today

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Don't you need Venari reputation to max to even start the quest mount? If so, that's not really an option for people who hate the current version of the Maw without mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news - got Aeonaxx today
    Grats!

Aeonaxx for me was the hardest camp for any mount ive gone for.

I spent days/weeks AFK in deepholm and I had several close calls including one where I paniced and actually dismounted myself midair causing me to die and miss my chance.

I am so glad Blizzard dont do ludicrous spawn windows for rare mounts anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Grats!

Aeonaxx for me was the hardest camp for any mount ive gone for.

I spent days/weeks AFK in deepholm and I had several close calls including one where I paniced and actually dismounted myself midair causing me to die and miss my chance.

I am so glad Blizzard dont do ludicrous spawn windows for rare mounts anymore.
    Thanks! And yeah, while they improved it with the WoD-style rares, it still was quite unhealthy. That said, Fabious wasn't so different either so ....

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    You are correct!
    No, he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post

This. The thread doesn't need a committee deciding which mounts people are allowed to post and which not. Especially when the self proclaimed judges are wrong and deem mounts that are among the hardest to get as not rare.

Some of my new acquisitions:

Nerissa Heartless after 58 attempts. Finally put some more effort into that one and did it with 4 characters for a while:

Hopecrusher gargon - 107 attempts. This one took me ages. Until literally yesterday I only did it with my main every day while doing anima WQs and such. Finally got my 2nd character to farm it and I got it next day after that

Last edited by Azerate; 2021-04-10 at 07:17 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

7+ Year Old Account
    Just finished Solo HC Plaguefall and got the Slime Serpent <3

Prolly not so rare anymore tomorrow, but it was a fun solo challenge!
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2021-04-17 at 07:34 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE