Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

MMOC should require character linked to account

Hey guys. Anyone else think MMOC should require that you link your character to your profile to post in the WoW section? Seen a lot of people posting about shadowlands but then come to find out they don't even play. Or they talk about specific content they've never even done. I think it would really help to know who to take actual advice from. Would add some weight to their opinions.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Hey guys. Anyone else think MMOC should require that you link your character to your profile to post in the WoW section? Seen a lot of people posting about shadowlands but then come to find out they don't even play. Or they talk about specific content they've never even done. I think it would really help to know who to take actual advice from. Would add some weight to their opinions.
    The official forums are ------> that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Anyone else think MMOC should require that you link your character to your profile to post in the WoW section?

No, I do not think that.

White knights now coming up with more convoluted ways to protect their dearest Blizzy.

You can quite literally see everything you need to know about this game right now by watching a stream for an hour.

The corporation that made me believe I was part of the culture is under attack. Defenders of the icy storm from the north, Blizzard, unite!

No, it shouldn't.

Nope. Not today, Galvatron. Nor tomorrow. Or the day after.

There's no reason whatsoever to require this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Go get unbanned on the forums if you want that.

I fully agree!

The astronomy forum I'm member of also requires you to be an active astronaut to be able to post something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    White knights now coming up with more convoluted ways to protect their dearest Blizzy.

You can quite literally see everything you need to know about this game right now by watching a stream for an hour.
    Where did the evil white knight touch you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of people post for other video games or even for non-gaming forums here, so, no.

Wouldn't this just cause people to dismiss good points and reasoning on the basis of character progression? You'd just invite a new level of toxicity to the Forums. Gatekeeping discussion away from people, even if they don't know what they're talking about, means it becomes more of an echo chamber - there's a lot less ideas that'll be thrown around that you might not have heard otherwise.

For better, and for worse, but if you think WoW's failings is purely because people can't differentiate the difference between a good idea and a bad idea without knowing how experienced a player is, doesn't that say something about the judgment of being able to take the right advice and less about the people offering up ideas? Good ideas can come from less experienced people, too, and bad ideas can come from more experienced people as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    My apologies. While your idea sounds good in the official view - and could be interesting to see people's characters but, it is not good on user levels. People can discuss and join discussions about World of Warcraft as much as they wish without having to show credentials for still playing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    I just assume that what everyone says online is nonsense.

Worked for me for the past 20 years.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

You don't have to clear <x> thing to be able to point out it's bad. Opinions do not require qualifications; I think golf is probably one of the most boring sports on Earth despite having never played it in my life.

Sounds like you're one of the folks who need to seek validation from others in everything you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    NO WAY...

I will refuse to link ANYTHING to my Blizzard account.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post

Oh definitely. Watching a stream is basically the same as playing the game.

If you watch the stream well enough, you can consider yourself a top player.

Aa for the OP ... people will just link a lvl 1 alt.

How about passport? Maybe driver's license? Credit card? That "Ingame/real life shame censoring" makes me sick.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.