Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    go for the chest m8

my group and I run +14 now after months of running and we're at 220 now, just be patient and get friends.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

OP: Your solution is the same solution that everyone in your situation has available to them: Make your own groups. Grats, now you're getting heroic drops and higher level Mythic+ runs.

Not willing to do that? That's your problem, not ours.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I second this. I thought at first that in higher brackets I wouldn't see anymore $&#@ like ppl taking massive amounts of avoidable damage. There is little difference between a M6 and a M14 in that regard, at least in my experience. DDs who use their defensive CDs at the right time are a rare find... Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a guild, who are very nice folks btw, so thanks for your (unsolicited) advice. Thing is, guildies aren't available 24/7 nor they should be - so you have little chance but to pug at times.
    So it is possible to "fast track" without boosting?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    So it is possible to "fast track" without boosting?
    Yes, if your guild is willing to carry you, which I personally dislike.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ofc! but it seems not designed to go with 202 into HC raid or +10 dungeon ? i play wow since 15 years without interruption and this seems not intended when i look at actual stuff.

202 itemlevel and invite (even as healer) in HC pug ? no chance.
    202 itemlevel and 4 other ppl with itemlevel 200-205 doing +10 ? have you ever tried this ???

so.... ????

- - - Updated - - -

y, ofc! but is +10 designed to go there with 202 item level grps ???

and why in the hell should anyone, as another example, ever go 7, 8, or 9 when he did 6, when there drops NOTHING higher than 200 until +10 ??? this means your progression route in m+ is: ...6,10,... does this makes any sense ???
    umm 202 is more than enough for heroic raid lol make your own group if you're having a tough time getting into one. PUGs arent meant to be easy to get into. and if you can do a +7 you can do a +10 np. timing it is a different story but should be fine

1400 for a Resto Shaman isn't out of the question. I am 100% confident you can reach that in either 3s or RBGs, the latter is probably a much better option. 2s can be hit or miss, but given the insane burst from 3/4ths of the classes out there, it's probably not quite as easy. 1600 and 1800 will take quite a bit of time and determination, but given the fact you heal and play a healer in demand (for Rbgs), it may be a lot smoother for you.

Wow is NO LONGER designed around fun or practicality, it is designed for treadmill gameplay. In other words, they purposely design the game to eat away at a player's time played. And they want players paying gold for carries in M+ and Pvp so they can sell more tokens. It's borderline pay2win. How and why Blizzard gets away with this is kind of pathetic, but they know their fans. People continue to play and pay no matter how much the game deteriorates and how often Blizzard screws their consumers.

M+ isnt supposed to be the main way of gearing. They said its supposed to be supplemental. M0 prepares for normal. Normal prepares for M+. M+ repairs for heroic cn. HCN prepares for higher keys. Vault should help move you a long as well. Wow is still an MMO so you will need to do group content. Blizzard has said M+ will never outpace raid gear.

You never completed a +8 or couldn't find the great vault.

You said you couldn't get to CR1400 either.

In both cases you're a bloody noob and don't deserve better upgrades for your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Blizzard is not the problem, the players are.

Too many loots ->QQ
    Not enough loots -> QQ
    having to do content for loots -> QQ
    loots being given too easily -> QQ
    Warforge -> QQ
    Having to upgrade loot with a currency -> QQ
    etc etc
    What bugs me with this is not that people QQ, we are different after all. What bugs me is that still, 15 years later, people act as if their opinion and desire somehow reflects the majority and what is good for everyone.

Statements like "no one complained about X". Yes, yes people did. "everyone loved X". No, no they didn't. It boggles my mind that people still uses this as arguments. "no one asked for this!". Yes, people did ask for this.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I timed my first 11 key with a group of around ilvl190, that was before waves of nerfs to M+ and waves of buffs to classes (my own in particular). But it's not easy to pug your way up because you're so late to the party and people don't want to carry lesser geared alts and new players who don't have much experience with the dungeons. But if you're saying "I won't do pvp, I won't join a guild to raid or to progress in M+" then your problem is looking at you in the mirror.

You can't expect Blizzard to hold your hand all the way, take some inititive. It's easy to gear up in Shadowlands, but you have to actually take some steps towards that and not just get mad because pugs don't want to carry you.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Wow is NO LONGER designed around fun or practicality, it is designed for treadmill gameplay. In other words, they purposely design the game to eat away at a player's time played. And they want players paying gold for carries in M+ and Pvp so they can sell more tokens. It's borderline pay2win. How and why Blizzard gets away with this is kind of pathetic, but they know their fans. People continue to play and pay no matter how much the game deteriorates and how often Blizzard screws their consumers.
    Disagree, the problem is the playerbase who keeps thinking they can do end-game content as SOLO players. Look at the OP argument, as a SOLO player your progression is limited (in terms of gear) because to advance further you need to be in a guild or on regular team (whether that's a raiding team, a M+ team, or a rated PvP team).

And since WoW is a MMORPG where the foundation is to be in a group, guild, or team do accomplish end-game content like raids, rated PvP or M+.

Yes we know how amazing it is that you could PuG your way up the chain and get AoTC but that's not the design intent.

Why do you think that the baseline response to "why can't I progress past X" is create your own group and then do X?

Alternatively, you could just wait until the content is no longer relevant and then players can solo the crap out of it. Throne of Thunder is easily Soloable at this point or good ol' Molten Core.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    M+ isnt supposed to be the main way of gearing. They said its supposed to be supplemental. M0 prepares for normal. Normal prepares for M+. M+ repairs for heroic cn. HCN prepares for higher keys. Vault should help move you a long as well. Wow is still an MMO so you will need to do group content. Blizzard has said M+ will never outpace raid gear.
    Thata wrong tho.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ables/652040/5

"The design intent is for all three paths to provide parallel progression over the course of a tier, while providing players who engage in multiple paths at a comparable level a faster advancement experience. "

They are all equal

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    OP: Your solution is the same solution that everyone in your situation has available to them: Make your own groups. Grats, now you're getting heroic drops and higher level Mythic+ runs.

Not willing to do that? That's your problem, not ours.
    Making your own group is not synonymous of timing the key, else everyone would have got KSM ages ago since everyone almost always run others’ groups.

SL gearing is pretty much your weekly vault item and the most time efficient way to get a high ilvl from it is by doing one Mythic+
    +9 is harder than +10 or +11 even I bet since the pride buff helps a lot with bosses.
    The problem with SL gearing is that when they removed titan forging they should also remove weekly chest and let people get higher ilvl just from killing bosses.
    Weekly Vault is the easiest way to get best loot to the point that Normal, Heroic and even Mythic raiding is just pointless and not worth the time or effort.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Making your own group is not synonymous of timing the key, else everyone would have got KSM ages ago since everyone almost always run others’ groups.
    I time 90 +% of my own keys. Just gotta spend extra time being selective of who you invite.

Its because ots infinitely repeatable. If m+ end of dungeon loot was any better, you could spam ot and be done gearing in the first week.
    I understand that, but it's still a bit weird that the chest reward is not on par with the dungeon ones. If I'm correct, the raid and pvp ones are on the same ilevel.

I'm honestly fine with it, as I see the chest reward as more of a bonus from the dungeon's and not the dungeon's as a downgrade from the chest's.

Thata wrong tho.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ables/652040/5

"The design intent is for all three paths to provide parallel progression over the course of a tier, while providing players who engage in multiple paths at a comparable level a faster advancement experience. "

They are all equal
    Not gonna listen to a CM talk about anything but even he is wrong. +7 only gives 213 from the vault but a 200 from the actual dungeon. theres a reason why M+ caps at 210.

Quote Originally Posted by haiyken View Post
    I understand that, but it's still a bit weird that the chest reward is not on par with the dungeon ones. If I'm correct, the raid and pvp ones are on the same ilevel.

I'm honestly fine with it, as I see the chest reward as more of a bonus from the dungeon's and not the dungeon's as a downgrade from the chest's.
    Raid has a weekly lockout. Conquest has a weekly cap.
    If m+ could give best item level, ppl would farm a full set in a week. If m+ didn't give ilvl near the top, it wouldn't be a viable gearing path.

As it stands now, it let's u hit 210 in a week of u really farmed it. And the great vault acts as the weekly cap so you can progress at a similar rate to the other 2 gearing paths

- - - Updated - - -

Not gonna listen to a CM talk about anything but even he is wrong. +7 only gives 213 from the vault but a 200 from the actual dungeon. theres a reason why M+ caps at 210.
    I dont see anything wrong with 213 from a +7 vault, and 200 from the dungeon drop. What do you see wrong with that?

I dont see anything wrong with 213 from a +7 vault, and 200 from the dungeon drop. What do you see wrong with that?
    Nothing is "wrong". Only that they are only "equal" on tuesday

Nothing is "wrong". Only that they are only "equal" on tuesday
    I think its a good thing that top players get BiS gear at a rate of about 1 piece a week. The very fastest being mythic raiders doing close to a full clear. At 10 m+14+ a week, thays 3 options of 226. With average luck, yhats 1 upgrade almost every week,woth valor filling in the gaps with 220