Page 44 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I'm casual af myself. I just don't like arrogant people demanding things like it's owed to them. Which pretty much goes for both skilled players whining about casual players, and casual players whining about skilled players.
    Once again, casual and unskilled do not mean the same thing guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Once again, casual and unskilled do not mean the same thing guys.
    Depends on the context. Ppl on forums use both definitions and it gets really confusing. Some ppl even use a 3rd definition, something about not being able to commit to a schedule, or some ppl use it as a synonym for being a solo player.

Why should a casual be showered in the best gear availible, if he is just doing casual stuff and not mythic raiding, m+ high keys or doing high rated arenas?

So he can have superior gear to kill low level toons more quickly in warmode and random ques in bgs? Tell me the reasion?

If anything the difficulty could be raised, but HUGE organization obstacles removed - like alliance pvp player looking for high rated rbg groups in lfg - usually you are starring the screen half a day before anything happens at all, raiders and mythic+ key players have it really good they find groups instantly.(and might get rejected, but at last there is something on the screen)

More could be done with Thorgast its not on par with visions mask +5 and i wonder why? Add higher layers and increase difficulty similar as in corridors and put in weekly gear on par with at least m+10 keys in the big vault.(ilvl220)

One barrier for casual is finding groups that carry them, at least in visions +5 you could carry yourself and could improve on that basis, read some guides and improve solely on your own without any organization headache.

I would definately benefit from that playing alts, too.

But i guess the high IQ people at blizzard allready left a sinking ship or work on diablo titles.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Depends on the context. Ppl on forums use both definitions and it gets really confusing. Some ppl even use a 3rd definition, something about not being able to commit to a schedule, or some ppl use it as a synonym for being a solo player.
    It is very confusing, and irritating. Gotta go find that thread about annoying phrases people use and add that to the list.

I don't think the "not able to commit to a schedule" crowd are necessarily wrong, with some exceptions. A casual might be someone who cannot commit to a schedule and that might even be the reason they play casually, but that doesn't mean someone who can't commit to a schedule is a casual by default.

Though I think it should be pretty clear that under no circumstances are casual player and unskilled player synonymous with one another. Thinking casual = bad is just categorically wrong.

assuming casual and solo are synonymous is even worse.
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont boost and I think unskilled players shldnt get the best gear.
    good for you, notice I didn't say 'all' people....
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

It is very confusing, and irritating. Gotta go find that thread about annoying phrases people use and add that to the list.

I don't think the "not able to commit to a schedule" crowd are necessarily wrong, with some exceptions. A casual might be someone who cannot commit to a schedule and that might even be the reason they play casually, but that doesn't mean someone who can't commit to a schedule is a casual by default.

Though I think it should be pretty clear that under no circumstances are casual player and unskilled player synonymous with one another. Thinking casual = bad is just categorically wrong.

Agree on basically everything. The only scenario in which casual/no commitment = bad is when a player "wastes" his time doing activities that are basically not useful for his character progression. Example, you have limited time to play and you level multiple characters, jumping from one another - it's not bad per se, because someone can have fun just leveling characters and playing different classes, but then if time constraints are a thing, AND you want some kind of advanced character progression, you need to make choices, due to how the game is structured.

The "bad" lies in setting the wrong goals to pursue or not focusing on the right activities to achieve such goals. If i want 2400 PvP ranking, i need to do PvP and train myself, not expect that doing some arenas sometimes will over time bring me up there (just an example).

This is really the only case i can see as "bad". I have personally been there - refusing to do M+ because i don't like them, but once i got into it i found it wasn't THAT terrible and it was actually the missing piece i have to do. I still don't like them, but doing 4/week is not a huge time sink and nets me good rewards. It's things like this that improve both progression and gametime a lot.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I agree. And since casual does not mean unskilled, there is nothing stopping them from doing m+, a few arena games, and rbg, or pugging a heroic raid. The thread should be retitled to replace "casual" with "unskilled player"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    good for you, notice I didn't say 'all' people....
    Notice I never implied you did...
    You said you think it could be a large reason. I was just giving you my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    WoW is 50% about getting loot and another 50% depriving others from getting loot. Always was always will be. Half the "fun" is getting something the other half of the "fun" is others not getting it.

Getting loot = feeling exclusive. People don't feel special if everyone else gets the same shit as they do. If you ask me why? Because they aren't special themselves so their value is defined by loot. If all have same loot they are back to square one. Not being/feeling, special.
    Well, that depends. I don’t play for the loot. I would like to get to KSM to prove myself I can do something “difficult” even with really few spare time.

Loot helps to give runs a little more % of success chances but I’m not mad about it, I’m more mad being forced to pug and having to play 75% of runs with clueless people. Really, I have no idea on how these many people could reach 1000-1100 rio, it’s just unbelievable.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Blizzard just needs to get an ounce of creativity and put unique rewards in each difficulty and a reason to always do them
    The closest they were to this was when even LFR could drop leggos in Legion, go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

though I think it should be pretty clear that under no circumstances are casual player and unskilled player synonymous with one another. Thinking casual = bad is just categorically wrong.

B-B-But muh mythic set in the mail meme
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I agree. And since casual does not mean unskilled, there is nothing stopping them from doing m+, a few arena games, and rbg, or pugging a heroic raid. The thread should be retitled to replace "casual" with "unskilled player"

- - - Updated - - -

Notice I never implied you did...
    You said you think it could be a large reason. I was just giving you my opinion
    I agree, thread should refer to unskilled players over casual. That's not to say casual players don't have road blocks they run into from time to time, but its hardly a "fullstop you can't play you should quit" type of situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The closest they were to this was when even LFR could drop leggos in Legion, go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

B-B-But muh mythic set in the mail meme
    I mean if you WANT to send me a mythic set in the mail I'm hardly going to protest lol People can talk about how they don't want free shit; they want to earn it, and that is very noble of them, round of applause.

Now send them a stimulus check some boes and see how many return to sender.

(p.s. I'm kidding about the stimmy, that was a joke, couldn't resist)
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2021-04-02 at 04:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean if you WANT to send me a mythic set in the mail I'm hardly going to protest lol People can talk about how they don't want free shit; they want to earn it, and that is very noble of them, round of applause.

Now send them a stimulus check some boes and see how many return to sender.
    Well it's no secret that forums are filled with people thumping their chests, who in reality are not quite so awesome when push comes to shove.

It's WoW community in the nutshell, everyone's a pro until they have to actually do shit.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Well, that depends. I don’t play for the loot. I would like to get to KSM to prove myself I can do something “difficult” even with really few spare time.

Loot helps to give runs a little more % of success chances but I’m not mad about it, I’m more mad being forced to pug and having to play 75% of runs with clueless people. Really, I have no idea on how these many people could reach 1000-1100 rio, it’s just unbelievable.
    Mythic plus is always easier at the start of a season. Mythic raiders spam it the first few weeks and once they are gone the ones that got picked up get left behind.

A good way to look at this is with "completed runs" If they have massive amounts of 10keys done but only one or two 15 be very wary.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    While I dont mean to butt in but:

As has been observed in the Beta, loot quantities overall are reduced in Shadowlands. Following the proclamation “let loot be loot,” we’re entering into a world without Warforging and Titanforging, where getting an item from relevant content should feel rewarding on its own more often, without needing to hope for random upgrades. (https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ables/652040/5)

Also in their initial talk about removing warforge/titanforge they posted a % of how much the loot is reduced in dungeons and in raids. That did include heroic dungeons and normal dungeons. I think it was like 30% for raids and 25% for dungeons or sthing like this.
    they rebuffed raid loot log time ago to 5 pieces for 20 man from 3 and buffed m+ loot too to 2 pieces even if not intime
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Why are ferraris or mansions held in such high regard? Why not give everyone Lambo for the price of a Honda?

The world, and good mmorpgs, are built on a system of haves and have nots
    Then what reason do the have-nots have to keep playing and giving Blizz money if all we have to look forward to is being dumped on all day?

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Then what reason do the have-nots have to keep playing and giving Blizz money if all we have to look forward to is being dumped on all day?
    I mean your not playing the game so why should anyone care?

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Lighter View Post
    I mean your not playing the game so why should anyone care?
    Trying to determine if I should come back when my computer is fixed. It's becoming very clear that Blizz no longer wants my money though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Casual player does not mean he is not skilled LOL vice versa no lifer does not mean he is skilled player Im casual and did KSM 221ilvl am i noob casual dread player ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Trying to determine if I should come back when my computer is fixed. It's becoming very clear that Blizz no longer wants my money though.
    If your idea is progressing far above ilvl 200 by doing only random bgs and world quests, unfortunately the answer is “don’t give Blizzard any other money”.

It’s sad for you, I know it, but as of today it’s like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Casual player does not mean he is not skilled LOL vice versa no lifer does not mean he is skilled player Im casual and did KSM 221ilvl am i noob casual dread player ?
    Casual means a lot of things and everyone has its own definition of the word. So for someone you’re a casual, for someone else you aren’t

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    If your idea is progressing far above ilvl 200 by doing only random bgs and world quests, unfortunately the answer is “don’t give Blizzard any other money”.

It’s sad for you, I know it, but as of today it’s like this.
    Didn't even have to be that high. Hell it doesn't even have to be gear. Implement templates or a PvP stat again, or put in an ilvl bracket for random BGs, and I would have been happy.

But Blizz and the WoW community seem to think I should pay for the game only to take punches to the face and kicks in the crotch, and to them I ask...why should I?

lol people trippin on pixals...