Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    he's american... his government is the american government... what the fuck machismo... for all the complaining you do about racism and xenophobia... you're engaging in the very same thing here lol...
    I'm pointing to his devout defense of the Chinese government, that's the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Yes they absolutely did, to say otherwise is outright holocaust denial.
    Oh, I absolutely think it was genocide, and a shitty thing to do. The Nazis were much more blind to their own atrocities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hplaner View Post
    not sure where you get that idea. I do not agree with CCP's handling on many things, like how they are handling with intellectual theft, censorship on media (i.e. movies cannot contain reincarnation, games cannot show bones), their pressure on HK, their handling on the southern seas. But I am also reasonable to listen to their reasonings even if I don't agree. Same as I am critical of the US's handling on COVID response under Trump, of anti-maskers, migrant crisis at the border, treatment against Huawei, progression (if any) on mass murder, etc.
    And yet, you do agree with their attempts to... checking... commit genocide.

See the disconnect?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    he's american... his government is the american government... what the fuck machismo... for all the complaining you do about racism and xenophobia... you're engaging in the very same thing here lol...
    What the fuck?

He hadn't actually claimed to be an American (and I still seriously doubt it, considering his posting history, and the very abrupt change in the account after a 3-year absence). Considering his utter defense of the Chinese government committing genocide, and it literally being the only thing the account had posted in almost 3 years, it was a reasonable assumption to make. I was basing it off of word choice, referencing the "west" as a foreign concept. Then, there's also the misuse of simple verb conjugations, based mainly on the singular versus plural, as well as the tenses. These are things that get picked up rather rapidly over time when living in a country, but a person with only a tenuous grasp of a language makes mistakes with... as you would probably know, since you speak more than one language. I certainly made those mistakes when learning a foreign language. There's also the sentence structure, length of sentences, and use of punctuation. People each type a bit differently, and their choices act as a bit of a fingerprint. For instance, one may notice that I use a lot of ellipses when I type, even when it is grammatically incorrect. One could go back through my post history, and see such things. Meanwhile, those things shift over time on that account, and not in a way that one would expect.

Now, as someone who has a hobby of tracking word usage, and how it impacts societal shifts, I'll gladly continue explaining it further, if you like. We could even discuss how that word usage has led to continued hatred towards Asians, both here, and abroad.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    There's nothing random about it, its a Republican party platform.
    Right, which is why all the data suggests that it is in fact not white Americans who discriminate against Asians in the majority of cases and that recent incidents are isolated incidents

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Yep, look at the violence at his rallies from 2016. You see all of those black people that were getting pushed out, some even physically assaulted, and some of the assaulters weren't even arrested. And he pushed that shit being fully racist with his "China Flu" and "Kung Flu" bullshit.
    LMAO, you seriously think being sarcastic about the origin of the second major coronavirus pandemic in the last 20 years is some how racist against Chinese people? Man you are really grasping for straws. But seriously, in case you forgot, SARS in 2003 also originated out of China. Both viruses aren't really the fault of the people of China, though one can make the argument that a part of their culture that is wet markets will continue to lead to these issues unless they get some serious regulation and oversight from the government to better protect people from animals carrying diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Right, which is why all the data suggests that it is in fact not white Americans who discriminate against Asians in the majority of cases and that recent incidents are isolated incidents
    No it doesn't, it suggested that it spiked during the Trump administration.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

You should have no problem linking that data from the source then.

- - - Updated - - -

LMAO, you seriously think being sarcastic about the origin of the second major coronavirus pandemic in the last 20 years is some how racist against Chinese people? Man you are really grasping for straws. But seriously, in case you forgot, SARS in 2003 also originated out of China. Both viruses aren't really the fault of the people of China, though one can make the argument that a part of their culture that is wet markets will continue to lead to these issues unless they get some serious regulation and oversight from the government to better protect people from animals carrying diseases.
    Trump tried to blame it on China, even though he was the dumbass that literally overrode the CDC and WHO about the people infected with the virus being let into the US. He said, at the time we had 15 cases and soon to be zero. And now we have over 500,000 people dead because of his fuck ups. Not to mention the people he killed because of his shitty medical advice with Hydroxychloroquine and Bleach injections.

And yes, hate crimes against Asians rose, because of Trump's rhetoric. To say it didn't, is fucking asinine.

10+ Year Old Account
    LMAO, you seriously think being sarcastic about the origin of the second major coronavirus pandemic in the last 20 years is some how racist against Chinese people?
    Yeah, total sarcasm that is also still an ingrained GOP talking point. You know what happened after the first pandemic? US got the pandemic response team and had millions more since, with health insurance, through ACA. What did Trump do? Dismantled the pandemic response team and made kicking millions off health insurance, literally one of his successes. Obama didn’t call it the China virus... Obama never called Ebola, the Africa virus, despite it being played as the end of the US by Trump and GOP in 2010.

It’s abundantly clear, the only reason Trump used China Virus, was because the catastrophic numbers he was denying in US, was making it the Trump Virus. It was a marketing choice, to avoid having Trump Corporation, be associated with a virus. Basically, Trump reacted to the virus, as if the demands of scientist and other members of government, were scams like the one he pulled with Ebola.

It’s transparently obvious that Trump did it, because a wall down a Mexican border with Trump brand associated with it, is far better advertising than a virus with Trump’s name. You can see the jokes coming... ‘What vaccines do I need to rent the presidential suite?’...

Just like everyone, outside Trump sycophants, told him what covid would do, those who told him his rhetoric would bolster racist crimes like these, were right. Instead of admitting fault in a president, the remaining seem to think the issue is people falling for Trump trolling... not the trolling that leads to this... Maybe the whole problem here, is that a president being a greedy prick, is being justified as trolling. Maybe, Trump’s trolling is contributing to the problem, instead of being a solution.

This is the part that will sting, consider this a content warning. If Trump did what Democrats were asking him to do, there would be thousands of Americans still alive... and more importantly for Trump supporters... Trump would still be president. Imagine a world where Trump mandates masks being sent to every American. Imagine if he forced corporations to make ventilators, like Biden has done with vaccines. Imagine if he shut down travel from all countries weeks sooner than his limited China ban, then started extensive tracing and targeted shut downs, based on tracing. Imagine every tweet telling people to “LIBERATE” and blame China, was instead a tweet to encourage masks. In that imagination land... Trump is still president... the violence being discussed here is reduced and thousands of Americans are still alive... Trump is still president... sorry... trolling can only take a president so far...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    And yes, hate crimes against Asians rose, because of Trump's rhetoric. To say it didn't, is fucking asinine.
    Because it would mean everyone, other than Trump, was right. He didn’t do it because it would lead to violence, but because he didn’t care. The point was saving his own ass and he can’t fathom that it might involve saving the asses of his constituents. It’s why he was always a horrible choice... people just mistook an out of touch NYC oligarch billionaire, as a troll... somehow justifying his actions.

The fucker had to reissue his EU travel ban, because the original excluded every country where Trump owned hotels or golf courses. If he thought he could get away with something that transparent. Him giving a shit about warnings that this violence was the result of his rhetoric, wasn’t going to stop him from protecting his brand, by calling it China Virus... as a I said... a Trump Virus, is not a good name to rent hotel rooms or golf courses.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

And yet, you do agree with their attempts to... checking... commit genocide.

See the disconnect?
    Yes like I said, your definition of a genocide differs from mine and that is fine. The CCP is not perfect (no government is), but I agree on what they have done with Xinjiang. Do I doubt that some were forced out of their will? Of course not, we're talking about millions of people here. But did the end justify the means? Yes I believe so since Xinjiang has now prospered and its Uighurs are living a much better life.
    Do you know what the alternative would have been had China not taken such a stance? Xinijang would have become another Afghanistan, and Uighurs would have been left rotten and die from constant terrorist attacks.

He hadn't actually claimed to be an American (and I still seriously doubt it, considering his posting history, and the very abrupt change in the account after a 3-year absence)
    I literally said I'm a long time forum reader and a Chinese AMERICAN citizen. Do you need me to show you my US passport? Why have I started to chime in now? I don't know, maybe perhaps, ASIAN/CHINESE HATE CRIME is the new hot topic and I can correlate to? Not even sure why you're being a grammar police. We're on a forum here, not taking a SAT exam.
    Last edited by hplaner; 2021-04-01 at 02:14 PM. Reason: fix quote

Quote Originally Posted by hplaner View Post
    Yes like I said, your definition of a genocide differs from mine and that is fine. The CCP is not perfect (no government is), but I agree on what they have done with Xinjiang. Do I doubt that some were forced out of their will? Of course not, we're talking about millions of people here. But did the end justify the means? Yes I believe so since Xinjiang has now prospered and its Uighurs are living a much better life.
    Do you know what the alternative would have been had China not taken such a stance? Xinijang would have become another Afghanistan, and Uighurs would have been left rotten and die from constant terrorist attacks.
    It's genocide by the very definition of the word. It's ethnic cleansing by the very definition itionnof the term. I don't much care what your opinion is... you're defending genocide.

Such things have nothing to do with anti-Asian hate, because the complaints about genocide are about the authoritarian actions of the Chinese government, not Chinese people.

Hitler also thought the end justified the means.

As for anti-Asian violence in the United States, it is a worsening issue, and one that needs highlighted.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-04-01 at 02:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I absolutely think it was genocide, and a shitty thing to do. The Nazis were much more blind to their own atrocities.
    They were not. They approved of their atrocities. Not the same thing, at all.

Hitler ran for office on a campaign of "the Jews are the problem and need to be eliminated". Among other platform points. His antagonism towards the Jewish people was not remotely a secret. The Nazis knew full well what they were doing to the Jewish people. And the shock and horror some of the Wehrmacht and citizenry expressed after the war was over and films of the death camps were shown did not stem from the idea that there were death camps, it stemmed from surprise that they were being so efficiently slaughtered. That the camps existed was public knowledge. That Jews were arrested on specious grounds, their worldly possessions stolen from them, and their lives sent to the camps to be consumed in the name of the Reich was public knowledge. The average German (read; Nazi, at the time) just thought they were being "worked to death", rather than "worked to starvation and then gassed en masse to make room for more new victims".

The Holocaust was public knowledge. The scale of the Holocaust was the surprise.

As they say; there's a word for the average German citizen or Wehrmacht soldier of the era, just doing their jobs and supporting their government out of some sense of nationalism, economic anxiety, or what have you. And that word is "Nazi". The idea that the Nazis were an exploitative tick on the back of good Germans is just colossally, historically incorrect. The Nazis enjoyed massive popularity, and their rhetoric was straight-up blatantly genocidal in nature.

Hitler also thought the end justified the means.
    See, this is honestly misleading.

To Hitler, the mass extermination of the Jews wasn't the "means" that had to be justified in pursuit of some greater goal. It was the "end" that he explicitly and openly desired and campaigned upon, to populist acclaim by the German people. It wasn't a terrible sacrifice he felt was necessary, it was explicitly what he felt was the desirable outcome and what he framed most of Germany's social structures in pursuit of achieving.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    We're not doing a "blame x- racial group" blame game and that needs to cease immediately.
    yea this is load of shit, you let "white people ____" go all the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    Only if, in your own head, you translate "white supremacists" or "white nationalists" as "all white people". Which is a "you" problem, not a forum inconsistency problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They were not. They approved of their atrocities. Not the same thing, at all.

Hitler ran for office on a campaign of "the Jews are the problem and need to be eliminated". Among other platform points. His antagonism towards the Jewish people was not remotely a secret. The Nazis knew full well what they were doing to the Jewish people. And the shock and horror some of the Wehrmacht and citizenry expressed after the war was over and films of the death camps were shown did not stem from the idea that there were death camps, it stemmed from surprise that they were being so efficiently slaughtered. That the camps existed was public knowledge. That Jews were arrested on specious grounds, their worldly possessions stolen from them, and their lives sent to the camps to be consumed in the name of the Reich was public knowledge. The average German (read; Nazi, at the time) just thought they were being "worked to death", rather than "worked to starvation and then gassed en masse to make room for more new victims".

The Holocaust was public knowledge. The scale of the Holocaust was the surprise.

As they say; there's a word for the average German citizen or Wehrmacht soldier of the era, just doing their jobs and supporting their government out of some sense of nationalism, economic anxiety, or what have you. And that word is "Nazi". The idea that the Nazis were an exploitative tick on the back of good Germans is just colossally, historically incorrect. The Nazis enjoyed massive popularity, and their rhetoric was straight-up blatantly genocidal in nature.

See, this is honestly misleading.

To Hitler, the mass extermination of the Jews wasn't the "means" that had to be justified in pursuit of some greater goal. It was the "end" that he explicitly and openly desired and campaigned upon, to populist acclaim by the German people. It wasn't a terrible sacrifice he felt was necessary, it was explicitly what he felt was the desirable outcome and what he framed most of Germany's social structures in pursuit of achieving.
    You are correct.

I should have stated that they had no problem justifying their genocide.

- - - Updated - - -

Citation requested.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Only if, in your own head, you translate "white supremacists" or "white nationalists" as "all white people". Which is a "you" problem, not a forum inconsistency problem.
    Full time forum no lifers like you label everything white supremacy.
    from math and meritocracy to black on Asian violence.

Edit: Like clockwork, Endus has his mod buddys come save him
    Last edited by infinit; 2021-04-02 at 12:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Full time forum no lifers like you label everything white supremacy.
    If only white supremacy tears tasted as sweet as liberal ones... am I right? Your priorities are totally fucked...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    "I'm not racist against Asians, just a particular group of Asians tyvm"
    That is not what he said. He does not like China as its politics and such

reread what he said, or do you not know the difference between a country and a race.

You just win all sorts of battles in your own mind, don't you?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why yes I do how did you know? And you all are assuming just as much as I am lol.
    In my mind:

I hate China = I hate the Chinese government.

I hate the Chinese = I hate the people of China.

One is racist. The other is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

a combination of

- the Chinese not owing up to releasing a bioweapon, accidentally or not, and their actions of aggressive denial, illegal expansion, and cultural genocide putting everyone at unease.

- White nationalism, aggression, and ignorance being encouraged by America's own leaders and media. While China is evil to the core, the news really does a lot to unnaturally stir unease with clickbaity headlines.

- lockdown effects on mental health in a nation notorious for low IQ (or at least easily gullible) population at large

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    a combination of

- the Chinese not owing up to releasing a bioweapon, accidentally or not, and their actions of aggressive denial, illegal expansion, and cultural genocide putting everyone at unease.

- White nationalism, aggression, and ignorance being encouraged by America's own leaders and media. While China is evil to the core, the news really does a lot to unnaturally stir unease with clickbaity headlines.

- lockdown effects on mental health in a nation notorious for low IQ (or at least easily gullible) population at large
    Evidence for your claims, please.

Considering you support the people doing your second bullet point... this seems odd.