10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    capital on lockdown again, some car tried to charge a checkpoint

reports still coming in
    How did it go again? It's their fault for blocking the road?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

The suspect (who was shot by officers after brandishing a knife) has died.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

https://twitter.com/JacquiHeinrich/s...32633293201410

Lot of police activity.

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/stat...33434082344972

Apparently Capitol police landed a helicopter on the East front which is a bit of a first?

https://twitter.com/ARodTV/status/1378049434441838595

Suspect dead, two officers injured and in the hospital. Sounds like the suspect died at the hospital.

Man...this is not great and the motivation is gonna be important.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Two officers were injured when the car rammed into them, they've been transported to the hospital. The suspect is in custody.
    The suspect is dead....

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The suspect is dead....
    He was in custody and being transported to the hospital, seems like he died in transit or after arriving.

- - - Updated - - -

Capitol police briefing now, one of the two officers hit by the car has died. Still listening...Metro police briefing now

Edit: And that's it. Investigation ongoing, didn't know who the cat was and wasn't on their radar, they don't think there is an ongoing threat but are treating this seriously.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-04-02 at 06:48 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He was in custody and being transported to the hospital, seems like he died in transit or after arriving.

- - - Updated - - -

Capitol police briefing now, one of the two officers hit by the car has died. Still listening...Metro police briefing now

Edit: And that's it. Investigation ongoing, didn't know who the cat was and wasn't on their radar, they don't think there is an ongoing threat but are treating this seriously.
    I hope this was just a lone act and not a trial run for futures events.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I hope this was just a lone act and not a trial run for futures events.
    We'll find out more in the coming days, the suspect dying is not great since it makes the investigation a bit more difficult. I'm not gonna speculate, we'll see what law enforcement come up with.

15+ Year Old Account
    We'll find out more in the coming days, the suspect dying is not great since it makes the investigation a bit more difficult. I'm not gonna speculate, we'll see what law enforcement come up with.
    Republicans going to republican is my guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

I'm expecting a Facebook page filled with MAGA and Q-Anon.

I'm going to hold my opinion on this one... this happens more than people realize in that part of DC. Yes, this act was definitely deliberate, but there is no end to the number of batshit crazy people who want to protest just about anything right near that spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Preliminary reports say that it's a 25 y/o who lost his job a few months back, was struggling, and had Facebook posts filled with weird religious rants.

I'm going to say this wasn't politically motivated, and it truly was someone who was unwell and going through rough times this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Preliminary reports say that it's a 25 y/o who lost his job a few months back, was struggling, and had Facebook posts filled with weird religious rants.

I'm going to say this wasn't politically motivated, and it truly was someone who was unwell and going through rough times this time around.
    Where did you get those reports?

There is some suspicion that it may have been a "suicide by cop" type thing. Authorities are not operating under the presumption of a terrorist attack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's on the news.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    There is some suspicion that it may have been a "suicide by cop" type thing. Authorities are not operating under the presumption of a terrorist attack.

- - - Updated - - -

It's on the news.
    I just read... he's apparently from Indiana.

If he really went all the way from Indiana, I don't see how it's a suicide by cop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    There is some suspicion that it may have been a "suicide by cop" type thing.
    Ehhhhh...

Maybe.

I'm a little hesitant, because one does not usually try to kill cops, when trying to get killed by one yourself. And if he was trying to kill cops, why use a car wield a knife? It's just weird.
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington news 24 (or something like that) reporter

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Washington news 24 (or something like that) reporter
    Thanks, I'll check the local DC affiliate

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...pitol-n1262917

Four senior law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation identified the suspect as a 25-year-old man from Indiana, Noah Green.

Law-enforcement sources said Green recently lived in Virginia. In postings on social media, he said he'd been unemployed and had a "tough" past "few years." He also said he was a follower of Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, who has long used anti-Semitic and homophobic rhetoric. The Nation of Islam has been deemed an extremist hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Well, shit. Might not be a disgruntled Trump worshipper, after all.

I just read... he's apparently from Indiana.

If he really went all the way from Indiana, I don't see how it's a suicide by cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Ehhhhh...

Maybe.

I'm a little hesitant, because one does not usually try to kill cops, when trying to get killed by one yourself. And if he was trying to kill cops, why use a car wield a knife? It's just weird.
    I'm not saying it is or it isn't...it was just something they were reporting at the time. The authorities were looking into if there was a "suicide by cop" motivation here.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...pitol-n1262917

Four senior law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation identified the suspect as a 25-year-old man from Indiana, Noah Green.

Law-enforcement sources said Green recently lived in Virginia. In postings on social media, he said he'd been unemployed and had a "tough" past "few years." He also said he was a follower of Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, who has long used anti-Semitic and homophobic rhetoric. The Nation of Islam has been deemed an extremist hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Well, shit. Might not be a disgruntled Trump worshipper, after all.
    The same theme still stands imo, the poor and down on their “luck” are very vulnerable to extremist ideology.