Page 1 of 3
LastLast

April Fools 2021 - Community Round-Up

April Fools 2021 - Community Round-Up

World of Warcraft Patch 9.0.5.0.5
    World of Warcraft Patch 9.0.5.0.5 early notes have been leaked! Highlights include a new raid "The Winter Queen’s Gambit", a new dungeon "A Fungus", and two new professions "Sea Shanty Singing" and "Wand Vision".

The Bengal Tiger Secret Mount
    Kruithne has found the Bengal Tiger secret mount!

World of Warcraft: Undermine
    Handclaw has shared a presentation of "Undermine", the 10th expansion for World of Warcraft. This expansion finally brings out the Tinker, a new heroic class that comes in three specs: Mekgineer (Tank), Chemist (Healer) and Demolition (DPS).

Patch 9.1 Seasonal Affix: Imprisoned
    Raider.IO have noticed that a new Keystone Affix "Imprisoned" has been added on the Tournament Realm over the weekend. While this affix is active, players have to burst Mawsworn mobs before the 6-second Imprison cast is finished, otherwise they get chained for 8 seconds (and ultimately stunned for 12 seconds if the chains aren't broken).

TBC Classic Store Mounts Revealed
    Reddit user MethixYo has shared the upcoming TBC Classic Store Mounts.

Encrypted 9.0.9 PTR Build 38241
    Wowhead has datamined the Encrypted 9.0.9 PTR Build 38241. Highlights include the Reverence Mount, Redeemed Sylvanas Windrunner Model and a new Kich King costume for Pepe!

Last edited by Lumy; 2021-04-02 at 06:57 PM.

So funny .. ha-ha-ha.. :/

Honestly i don't play the game anymore right now but seeing these models... those are hella neat. cudos to whoever made them.

5+ Year Old Account
    The best joke is that appart from redeemed Sylvanas, this is better than we have for real.

I Dont the the Mourneblade here, wtb that as mog

So the TBC store mounts were april fools jokes?

You can tell how little faith people have in the Activision-Blizzard dev team, if they can't tell a cash shop mount in a classic TBC is an April Fools joke or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    This fake shit is so fucking annoying just put out some real content not bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    This fake shit is so fucking annoying just put out some real content not bullshit
    you seem like a real cool guy

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait is the Viridian Phase Hunter a joke or not? Cause I recall wowhead saying they data-mined it way before April fools.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    Yes. Because:
    a) These community-made April Fools' jokes surely were made by Blizzard.
    b) The community manager who comes up with Blizzard's April Fools jokes is the same game developer that works in the actual game.

Seriously, what the fuck, people? It's like you don't even TRY to think before posting anti-Blizzard shpiel.

This stopped being funny a decade ago, if it ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    The best joke is that appart from redeemed Sylvanas, this is better than we have for real.
    Yeah a few years ago the april fools things were funny, but at this point we've been waiting a long time for new content, and the resources that went towards this could have gone towards things worth while like the heritage armors or the new options for allied races like nightborne, who never even got updates.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    This stopped being funny a decade ago, if it ever was.
    bet you're fun at parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yes. Because:
    a) These community-made April Fools' jokes surely were made by Blizzard.
    b) The community manager who comes up with Blizzard's April Fools jokes is the same game developer that works in the actual game.

Seriously, what the fuck, people? It's like you don't even TRY to think before posting anti-Blizzard shpiel.
    To be fair though Blizzard is pretty fucked and has been for a while when it comes to giving paying customers content for the insane 21CAD they except us to pay every just to access the same content you have been paying that for. They do kind of suck as a whole now when it comes to Warcraft as a franchise.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Wait is the Viridian Phase Hunter a joke or not? Cause I recall wowhead saying they data-mined it way before April fools.
    The Phase Hunter isn't a joke, the others are.

Besides a legitimate chance of a "redeemed sylvanas" (*puke*) happening in one form or another, at the end of the day this is just a sad collection of things that sound more interesting than most of the shit we actually get. I'd totally take a properly armored undead horse for my DK for example, without having to sell my soul to the gods of utter shite content and their apostels of garbage PvP. Even if these are community made, they aren't really funny so much as a sad reminder of what could be. Some of the stuff is obvioulsy just stupid, but that in itself isn't exactly funny.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-04-02 at 11:35 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    To be fair though Blizzard is pretty fucked and has been for a while when it comes to giving paying customers content for the insane 21CAD they except us to pay every just to access the same content you have been paying that for. They do kind of suck as a whole now when it comes to Warcraft as a franchise.
    But that's a whole different matter altogether, though. The poster I replied to heavily implied in his post that making those April Fools jokes somehow detracts from working on the actual game.

That's like saying the guy standing outside in the streets handing out flier ads for this new restaurant should instead be in said restaurant kitchen cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    But that's a whole different matter altogether, though. The poster I replied to heavily implied in his post that making those April Fools jokes somehow detracts from working on the actual game.

That's like saying the guy standing outside in the streets handing out flier ads for this new restaurant should instead be in said restaurant kitchen cooking.
    People want less work put into the April Fools joke?
    Hot damm...maybe thats why nowadays they are so bad and awful i want better ones like the good ol days ...but is kinda pointless i know

You monsters. I wanted that LK Pepe!