Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Honestly the wowhead horse is super sweet and would love that in game. Kudos to the designer.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    bet you're fun at parties.
    Based on what? My distaste of forced, obvious jokes which are not even jokes really? Why don't you use your supernatural powers to win in a lottery or something, mr. "i-read-people-on-the-internet-like-a-book".

Redeemed Sylvanas Windrunner...?

Also, will TBC Classic store mounts be usable in Retail? Because that Fel Reaver mount is sweet! But I'm not playing TBC Classic.

Agree with some sentiments that these are no longer funny. I may have laughed at the first two. The way I remember it, which may be wrong obviously, is that they ramped up the campiness in these Aprils jokes year by year, until now it's like a parody of itself. I couldn't find a single thing to laugh at for the first 30 lines of text, and then gave up.

I accept it. It is I. I am the problem. So all you people who keep saying stuff like "you must be great at parties" and "you sound like a cool person", please do me a solid one, and explain to me what's funny about a Fungus? That one of your group mates has to hunt you? BWHAHAHAHAHAH! 100% killer. <insert your favorite comedian here> can just take a hike!!! Or what about this:

"New Profession: Sea Shanty Singing

A successful stage singer said she’d savor some songs sung in a straightforward style. Simple solution: score the several significant schemes surrounding so many societies sans substance with satisfying strains of soulful sounds about sailing from sunrise to sunset. Seek and speak to your Sea Shanty Sergeant in any sizeable city to start."

PURE LMMFAO, that's so funny. Shanty Singing, LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO! OMG! K-I-L-L-I-N-G M-E!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even understand any of this. Like, I honestly don't get it, and I get jokes. I laugh at all the memes. This isn't that. Just stop defending other people/entities/things than yourself as if Blizzard need you. And please, to my feeble mind, please explain what's supposed to be funny about this, if you can. Also, don't tell me jokes are subjective. If that were true, there wouldn't be any memes or jokes out there, cause only one person would get them. People can agree something is funny, and they can explain what's funny about it and why. Which is why something like a meme wiki even exists. Some jokes are so good that everyone laughs at them, regardless of their socio-economic background/subjective humor/whatever else could be used to explain it away. Some jokes or memes are just that good. So please, enlighten us naysayers. Teach us how to understand teh funney.
    Last edited by Preach07; 2021-04-02 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    You can tell how little faith people have in the Activision-Blizzard dev team, if they can't tell a cash shop mount in a classic TBC is an April Fools joke or not.
    I get what you're saying, but I don't know, if someone believed those were real for even a second they probably have brain damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Based on what? My distaste of forced, obvious jokes which are not even jokes really? Why don't you use your supernatural powers to win in a lottery or something, mr. "i-read-people-on-the-internet-like-a-book".
    He probably just meant that you seem like a very miserable person to be around.

Quote Originally Posted by Preach07 View Post
    Agree with some sentiments that these are no longer funny. I may have laughed at the first two. The way I remember it, which may be wrong obviously, is that they ramped up the campiness in these Aprils jokes year by year, until now it's like a parody of itself. I couldn't find a single thing to laugh at for the first 30 lines of text, and then gave up.

I accept it. It is I. I am the problem. So all you people who keep saying stuff like "you must be great at parties" and "you sound like a cool person", please do me a solid one, and explain to me what's funny about a Fungus? That one of your group mates has to hunt you? BWHAHAHAHAHAH! 100% killer. <insert your favorite comedian here> can just take a hike!!! Or what about this:

"New Profession: Sea Shanty Singing

A successful stage singer said she’d savor some songs sung in a straightforward style. Simple solution: score the several significant schemes surrounding so many societies sans substance with satisfying strains of soulful sounds about sailing from sunrise to sunset. Seek and speak to your Sea Shanty Sergeant in any sizeable city to start."

PURE LMMFAO, that's so funny. Shanty Singing, LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO! OMG! K-I-L-L-I-N-G M-E!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even understand any of this. Like, I honestly don't get it, and I get jokes. I laugh at all the memes. This isn't that. Just stop defending other people/entities/things than yourself as if Blizzard need you. And please, to my feeble mind, please explain what's supposed to be funny about this, if you can. Also, don't tell me jokes are subjective. If that were true, there wouldn't be any memes or jokes out there, cause only one person would get them. People can agree something is funny, and they can explain what's funny about it and why. Which is why something like a meme wiki even exists. Some jokes are so good that everyone laughs at them, regardless of their socio-economic background/subjective humor/whatever else could be used to explain it away. Some jokes or memes are just that good. So please, enlighten us naysayers. Teach us how to understand teh funney.
    They're not meant to be "LMFAO SO HILARIOUS", they literally never have been. They're a mix of pop culture references(A Fungus is Among Us, how did you miss that?) or smart-funny word usage, like the Sea Shanty is just an alliteration poem, or references to memes/jokes in WoW(Like the DH patch note about DHs picking the non-edgy convenants).
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    They're not meant to be "LMFAO SO HILARIOUS", they literally never have been. They're a mix of pop culture references(A Fungus is Among Us, how did you miss that?) or smart-funny word usage, like the Sea Shanty is just an alliteration poem, or references to memes/jokes in WoW(Like the DH patch note about DHs picking the non-edgy convenants).
    I probably played a little dumb to get a point across to the people who feel the need to defend this attempt at humour to those it didn't resonate with. You sound more reasonable, and at least you can admit something smells fishy in here. I wish they would just try something else. A completely different style of humor, or heck, forget the whole "fake patch notes" thing and do something a little more creative. At least I'd give them for effort, then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    This stopped being funny a decade ago, if it ever was.
    Dont let the scrubs here get you down they all would let blizz take them from behind
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach07 View Post
    I probably played a little dumb to get a point across to the people who feel the need to defend this attempt at humour to those it didn't resonate with. You sound more reasonable, and at least you can admit something smells fishy in here. I wish they would just try something else. A completely different style of humor, or heck, forget the whole "fake patch notes" thing and do something a little more creative. At least I'd give them for effort, then.
    I mean a lot of it were pop culture references. Among Us, the recent trend of people singing sea shantys for whatever reason, WandaVision, Queen's Gambit, a Simpsons reference, Cobra Kai, the fact that George RR Martin has been writing his book for what seems like forever and so on. you might not find them funny per se but cmon you gotta give them some credit for some clever references they worked in

I thought April Fools was supposed to make you feel bad and then when you realize it's a joke you should feel relief. Aside from Redeemed Sylvanas which made me feel annoyed (the way april fools is supposed to make you feel) for a few seconds until I realized what date it is, the rest didn't make me feel like that at all. And this isn't just Blizz, it's mostly every company.

Maybe they just don't want to accidentally insult people or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone, we need to have a moment and press F for all the Tinker class wishers out there.

So we could have different colors of the same armor... Where's the dye system?

The only one I found funny was the world buff to end all world buffs, +5 to spirit.

HAte Aprils fools.

The tinker one was amusing, though not directly, just the reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Okay but the problem is that pop culture references and word play are used regularly in game. There’s quest names that reference pop culture as well as npcs named after celebrities. And furthermore there was one april fools joke that had these malformed draenei models that were supposed to be the new updated models and it was clearly a joke. The pepe with the crown of domination, the horse, the classic mounts, etc all seem like actually things that could be in game. It’s not funny in any way

Quote Originally Posted by cczx2bx6 View Post
    The pepe with the crown of domination, the horse, the classic mounts, etc all seem like actually things that could be in game. It’s not funny in any way
    None of these were made by Blizzard though. They were Wowheads April Fools, not Blizzards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Dude that Undermine expansion looks great! I wish it was real.

I checked the name of the zone, it's Fool's Atoll. Then i noticed the name of the quest that was tracked. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want the lich king pepe to be real.

WoW, Undermine > shadowlands

its a joke that only makes me sad