Page 48 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    the same Wrath in which i oneshoted full resist pvp geared ppl with 1 lavaburst? or the same bc i oneshoted ppl with one roflcopter as MS warr?
    No you didnt.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I love how it took a few pages more to bring this into the equation, it always appears.

I will give the answer i have always given to this completely retarded argument.

Unless you have 3 kids and make 6 figures by the age of 25, there is no excuse as to why you are getting outplayed by pixels because you lack the reflexes to do basic eye coordination and hand movement.

Better players do not care about anyone outside their own circle, they dont care what you are doing, you are literally ants in a time of spaceship travel for them.

The people that complain about this matter, are literally the people that try to escape their ant hole and get stuck because they simply cant improve for whatever actual reason.

The only people to blame is literally the people you are defending, you guys are creating your own endless cesspool of badness, but somehow the people that dont even care if you are playing or not are at fault.

I aint even a top player, i just have my own circle of 15-30 half-decent players to get the things i need to be done whenever i want, AoTC or KSM.
    1, not everyone is at the same skill level, nor dies everyone have the potential to be. There are plenty of disabled players, elderly and older players out there whose reflexes have slowed down. There are also plenty out there that have no desire to want to be that good.

My argument isn't, nor will it ever be about every good player, but rather the subset that is vocal about this very subject. You cannot say it exists. We have seen hundreds of threads about it and it's derivative thread about why LFR should be removed(same mindset).

So this isn't about a skill issue. But there are plenty of better player that vehemently care about what others are doing. Hence these topics. While there may be topics related to having more pathways to gear up, the majority of threads made are about keeping those without skill, time, confidence, or whateve keeps them from participating in the more difficult and organized activities from getting ahead.

To sit here and act like this doesn't happen is completely in bad faith. Just because you don't do it and are surrounded by people that don't do it or care about what others do, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I don't care what others do, advocate for more options and accessibility all the time, yet I see it in chat and on forums all the time.

Yet the more I read, you actually seem to fit the bill. You need to point out how good you and your group of friends while denigrating others around you for being less than. Classic insecurity/bad self esteem.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    1, not everyone is at the same skill level, nor dies everyone have the potential to be. There are plenty of disabled players, elderly and older players out there whose reflexes have slowed down. There are also plenty out there that have no desire to want to be that good.

My argument isn't, nor will it ever be about every good player, but rather the subset that is vocal about this very subject. You cannot say it exists. We have seen hundreds of threads about it and it's derivative thread about why LFR should be removed(same mindset).

So this isn't about a skill issue. But there are plenty of better player that vehemently care about what others are doing. Hence these topics. While there may be topics related to having more pathways to gear up, the majority of threads made are about keeping those without skill, time, confidence, or whateve keeps them from participating in the more difficult and organized activities from getting ahead.

To sit here and act like this doesn't happen is completely in bad faith. Just because you don't do it and are surrounded by people that don't do it or care about what others do, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I don't care what others do, advocate for more options and accessibility all the time, yet I see it in chat and on forums all the time.

Yet the more I read, you actually seem to fit the bill. You need to point out how good you and your group of friends while denigrating others around you for being less than. Classic insecurity/bad self esteem.
    I agree with you. The real issue is people that have a superiority complex and feel the need to insult anyone they believe is below them. Then they act like they aren't the cause of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Then they act like they aren't the cause of the issue.
    So the players that actually complete the content giving 0 fucks about anyone else since they just do their thing in their guild, have personal interviews with blizz so blizz keeps designing the game around them? people like u are actually so delusional xd you try to make it seem like the top 5% cares about you, sorry to burst your bubble but they dont, blame blizz for not implementing what you actually want, that is when you actually realize what you really want.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    So the players that actually complete the content giving 0 fucks about anyone else since they just do their thing in their guild, have personal interviews with blizz so blizz keeps designing the game around them? people like u are actually so delusional xd you try to make it seem like the top 5% cares about you, sorry to burst your bubble but they dont, blame blizz for not implementing what you actually want, that is when you actually realize what you really want.
    You are literally proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You are literally proving my point.
    Not actually, how is the 5% at fault when they arent designing the game neither they care what you do or get? xd im talking about the actual 5%, not the people on this thread, i am part of the % that actually gets CE on tiers, and i dont care if blizzard gives you 220 gear via wq or w/e you actually want (since you guys dont even know what you want), you already dont do any content, so you having full 220-226 tomorrow means nothing to me, you gonna do world quests faster WOW, are you gonna suddenly get 2400 rating with that ilvl? no you wont, are you suddenly gonna get Cutting Edge with that ilvl? no you wont, are you suddenly gonna improve your logs with that ilvl? no you wont, you dont even do the content, so what was your point again?

Keep pretending the high end cares about what you do or want if that makes you happy, maybe thats how you get some validation, meanwhile ill just play the game and take some breaks inbetween, heres some advice, the time you spend here is useless when you could be using it getting more ilvl ingame, getting better or giving actual feedback on the sites that blizz actually cares, ooooor you can keep believing that the top% cares about you, im sure people like Avade, Trill or Fragnance would be furious if you get 226 gear, peak delusion xd

I can give you one example. In my guild we have couple of players who are relatives to guild leader/officers. They play very few hours, mostly raiding and high keys carried by the guild. They are in no way bad players, just don't play many hours.

Would you call these players casuals? If so, who are the skilled players we are talking about here? 1% of playerbase who clear mythic raiding content and don't play until PTR for the next major patch comes out? Why would they care?

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Do... "skilled" players bitch like this actually? I havent seen it myself. The only time I see them bitching about anything related to this is when they feel they need to do lower content to progress, not so much when others also get good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    1% of playerbase who clear mythic raiding content and don't play until PTR for the next major patch comes out? Why would they care?
    Some people actually get it xd thought this thread was full of Jimmys butthurt for being declined in group content and blaming the top% for their lack of ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    I can give you one example. In my guild we have couple of players who are relatives to guild leader/officers. They play very few hours, mostly raiding and high keys carried by the guild. They are in no way bad players, just don't play many hours.

Would you call these players casuals? If so, who are the skilled players we are talking about here? 1% of playerbase who clear mythic raiding content and don't play until PTR for the next major patch comes out? Why would they care?
    I've fully admitted in this thread that I am the direct opposite of that. I don't really see myself as a casual player, as when I did have my computer I would play up to 12 hours a day. I'm just not great at the game. I struggle with a lot of the rated competitive and organized group content, the finer aspects of my class as well as all the stuff about scoring and logs and all that. Things like M+ make me extremely nervous. I also not great with the social aspect of things. I don't have many friends at all and I genuinely struggle at making and maintaining relationships with people. For the most part I've always been happy just keeping to myself and trying to stay out of everyone's way.

I used to be able to have fun and progress in my own way despite that, at least until Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Tadkins; 2021-04-03 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    I've fully admitted in this thread that I am the direct opposite of that. I don't really see myself as a casual player, as when I did have my computer I would play up to 12 hours a day. I'm just not great at the game. I struggle with a lot of the rated competitive and organized group content, the finer aspects of my class as well as all the stuff about scoring and logs and all that. Things like M+ make me extremely nervous. I also not great with the social aspect of things. I don't have many friends at all and I genuinely struggle at making and maintaining relationships with people. For the most part I've always been happy just keeping to myself and trying to stay out of everyone's way.

I used to be able to have fun and progress in my own way despite that, at least until Shadowlands.
    You haven't played shadowlands yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Lighter View Post
    You haven't played shadowlands yet...
    Read plenty of things on it and watched plenty of videos. Plenty of time to do that without a computer after all. None of my suspicions about that expansion have been proven wrong yet.

"Have lots of friends or geeeeeyet out!" is the impression I am getting.

Idk about a debate between skill players and casuals but for me, I spend a lot of time in this game, mainly doing m+. Ive literally been farming mists for weeks trying to get an unbound changling which I can upgrade to 220 and its yet to drop for me. In this time Ive helped numerous guildies who come on for one key a week and people who are just leveling new characters which they will probably never play again, and so far 4 have dropped for them. Call me salty but yea its kinda a pisstake that people who havent put the effort in get the gear Im after.

Its actually one of the main reason I absolutely hate playing alts. Imagine getting that drop youve been after on an alt after the first dungeon. This actually happened back in bfa. I was after a certain corruption piece and decided to boost the same class for lols. Less than 10hours playtime, I got the corruption piece which I was after on my main on a bis item.

As for skill, just because you are casual doesnt mean you are a bad player in the slightest, Im fine with people not in a hardcore raiding environment getting good drops, as long as they actually put the effort in rather than a 1 off dungeon

Read plenty of things on it and watched plenty of videos. Plenty of time to do that without a computer after all. None of my suspicions about that expansion have been proven wrong yet.

"Have lots of friends or geeeeeyet out!" is the impression I am getting.
    No, you are being told that you can ding 60, and start pvp straight away. You will obtain gear very quickly, as it is arguably the fastest gearing method in SL. You are choosing to ignor that advice, even though it is the majority of this thread. People who actually play SL (Unlike you) are telling you VERY CLEARLY that your "fears" are entirely unfounded, and if you actually played the game you would find this out for yourself.

You are choosing to put your fingers in your ears and scream "LALALALALA NOT LISTENING, I READ A THREAD ON A FORUM AND CHOOSE TO BELIEVE THAT INSTEAD BECAUSE IT FITS MY NARRATIVE LALALALALALA".

This is on you, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Because reward should be adequate to the content

Because reward should be adequate to the content.

GW2 tried this everyone get the same gear/Horizontal progression style and it's trash now, it just doesn't work for MMO, if WOW adopt similar model then i'll just move to other MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    The "edge" you speak of is fictitious.

If someone wants better gear to compete with the duelists, they can improve at the game and become better players. Contrary to popular belief PvP does not require thousands of hours of investment to get a high rating in a season.
    Some players just don't become better no matter how hard they try...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Effort should reflect reward... otherwise what incentive is there to do harder content?

And don't give me the typical bullshit response of doing it for the 'fun' of it.
    I would say that this stands true for most guilds/players. For high end guilds (smth like top 20-50 or so) the reward is getting as high rank as possible, and gear is just a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    But I don't care how people gear their toon. The rewards should match the content
    Thus you do care, because if they were given something slightly better than what you determine as "reward for the content" you would care. Instead of actually not caring and ignoring the fact they got the better gear. Which is how more people need to be, ignoring other people's rewards and concern themselves with themselves and stop being stuck up about this concern over pixel "rewards" from content that will stop being relevant in the very next major patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Thus you do care, because if they were given something slightly better than what you determine as "reward for the content" you would care. Instead of actually not caring and ignoring the fact they got the better gear. Which is how more people need to be, ignoring other people's rewards and concern themselves with themselves and stop being stuck up about this concern over pixel "rewards" from content that will stop being relevant in the very next major patch.
    Thank you for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Not if said better gear was awarded for much easier content - you are completely ignoring this core aspect. Not a single person i know actually cares what gear someone else is getting SO LONG AS SAID GEAR MATCHES THE CHALLENGE OF THE CONTENT THAT REWARDED IT.

Let me slow it down a bit. I have no issue at all with pvp rewarding the same ilvl gear as mythic raids - no issue AT ALL. But if mythic raids are at such a high difficulty that only 5% of the playerbase are willing and able to beat it, then the same or similar needs to be said regarding pvp. So high rated pvp players, the top 5-8% (for example) being rewarded with gear of the same ilvl as mythic raids? Yup, totally cool.

The issue arises when spamming random bgs and "farming" honor (afking 50% of the time watching tv) with no expectation or demands on performance, is awarding the same gear as a mythic raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for this.
    For what? Not understanding the concept at all and contradicting themself?
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-04-03 at 07:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.