Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    He's clearly going to turn into US Agent.
    Yeah but that doesnt have to happen just around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Punchable face, or the fact he is an arrogant douche who comes off a bit like Homelander?
    A bit of the former, more of the latter. Plus his line to Sam and Bucky, "...stay out of my way!", could be seen as threatening.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean the signed and delivered my reason to hate Captain Murica when his wannabe Falcon popped up. I couldn't have agreed more with Bucky when he refused to ride in the truck and longer.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Something is off with John Walker. I just can't place it at the moment.
    Steve Rogers was the epitome of American Military of his time.

John Walker is the epitome of American Military of his time.

That's what's off with John Walker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Battlestar is a wannabe Bucky(a role he actually filled in the comics for a while). Not a wannabe Falcon.
    At least this time around they were smart enough to introduce him as John's Partner (not sidekick) and to not call him "Bucky"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Steve Rogers was the epitome of American Military of his time.
    ....mmmmmmmm. He may have been the epitome, but he wasn't representative of that military at all.

Steve was exceptional inasmuch as he wasn't racist or misogynist, which the U.S. Armed Forces were very much so in the 30s and 40s. It should be shocking to us he didn't call Peggy Carter Toots and slapped her on the ass a couple times. Steve is literally a caricature of our modern view of "the Greatest Generation."

But in-universe, yes, Steve is a paragon of virtue, compared to the more modern, geo-political tendancies of John Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Steve was exceptional inasmuch as he wasn't racist or misogynist, which the U.S. Armed Forces were very much so in the 30s and 40s. It should be shocking to us he didn't call Peggy Carter Toots and slapped her on the ass a couple times. Steve is literally a caricature of our modern view of "the Greatest Generation."

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

....mmmmmmmm. He may have been the epitome, but he wasn't representative of that military at all.

But in-universe, yes, Steve is a paragon of virtue, compared to the more modern, geo-political tendancies of John Walker.
    Yeah, I Didn't phrase that very well. I'm not suggesting he reflected the average American Male of his time. Just that both he and Walker would be the Poster boys of their respective times.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2021-03-29 at 01:41 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

It should be shocking to us he didn't call Peggy Carter Toots and slapped her on the ass a couple times. Steve is literally a caricature of our modern view of "the Greatest Generation."
    We got a bit of that in Peggy Carter Agent of SHIELD.

Episode 3 is out, and things are heating up.
    Nice action scenes, and the actors do their job very well.
    Story-wise what i expected but i don't want to spoiler
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lots of moving parts. Stuff they could have just expected people to ignore being part of the story. Sharon is up to some shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

5+ Year Old Account
    I loved the first 2 episodes, the action really gave the falcon n winter soldier cool stuff to do, they feel way more relevant now.

But this episode...meh..

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Wait, what was Isaiah wrong about? The part where he was turned into a lab rat for decades? I’d be pretty pissed too.
    He means "wronged" idk why he can't say it.

IDK, Sharon's actress doesn't do it for me. She's trying to play a morally grey (perhaps even villainous) character and it just isn't believable. Overall, I don't.....what's the word?.....narratively accept that she's so cynical? Yeah, she became a fugitive, but now she's totally disillusioned by the idea of "heroes" and it sounds like the Avengers too?

And then she blames folks like Sam because he was able to get a pardon, as if she wasn't related to Peggy Carter and a friend of Cap's too, and could have probably just as easily get pardoned?

Like, is the fallout for Civil War still around for literally anyone else? It's like 8 years later, at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Rest of the episode was great. Madripoor was excellent, real Cyberpunk vibes. Music was great. Looks like we know at least 8 of 20 vials were used.

I imagine the rest of the series will be about the 12 remaining. I imagine Cap/Battlestar/Falcon will probably get at least 3 of them, Sam only after he realizes that he has to counteract a burgeoning U.S. Agent arc from John Walker, who will probably kill some Flag Smashers and take some serum for himself.

I also liked the outright villainous turns from Walker and Karli. Both of them seem to have lieutenants unwilling to commit to those kind of levels.

Also, as a passing thought: Sharon might be a total fake. The car she got into, with a driver/bodyguard, and the place she lived in screamed more of CIA station chief more than renegade art dealer.

IDK, Sharon's actress doesn't do it for me. She's trying to play a morally grey (perhaps even villainous) character and it just isn't believable. Overall, I don't.....what's the word?.....narratively accept that she's so cynical? Yeah, she became a fugitive, but now she's totally disillusioned by the idea of "heroes" and it sounds like the Avengers too?

And then she blames folks like Sam because he was able to get a pardon, as if she wasn't related to Peggy Carter and a friend of Cap's too, and could have probably just as easily get pardoned?

Like, is the fallout for Civil War still around for literally anyone else? It's like 8 years later, at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Rest of the episode was great. Madripoor was excellent, real Cyberpunk vibes. Music was great. Looks like we know at least 8 of 20 vials were used.

I imagine the rest of the series will be about the 12 remaining. I imagine Cap/Battlestar/Falcon will probably get at least 3 of them, Sam only after he realizes that he has to counteract a burgeoning U.S. Agent arc from John Walker, who will probably kill some Flag Smashers and take some serum for himself.

I also liked the outright villainous turns from Walker and Karli. Both of them seem to have lieutenants unwilling to commit to those kind of levels.

Also, as a passing thought: Sharon might be a total fake. The car she got into, with a driver/bodyguard, and the place she lived in screamed more of CIA station chief more than renegade art dealer.
    I thought that Sharon was off too and even Bucky pointed it out, so my guess would be it's not actually Sharon.

And my impression from Walker was that he is even somewhat more intelligent than I would have given him credit for until now. And has a lot less anger problems than I thought. I expected him to beat the guy into a pulp that spit in his face, but while he wasn't exactly nice with him, he reacted a lot less aggressive than I thought he would.

I did not like the villainous turn from Karli. It seems unneccesarily cruel and serves no purpose in the flag smashers' goals, it only makes them higher priority targets. Them and everyone who granted them safe places. She also did not consult her own group or fill them in. They might have liked to know that she was going to paint a bigger target on their backs. But I guess for her telling everyone that they need to be committed is enough of a warning before you have a change of philosophy. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Solid episode. Seeing Bucky let loose a bit in the bar was fun. Madripoor looked cool. Bosozoku! It was nice seeing Zemo and Sharon again. She was wrecking fools! Walker looks like he's about to snap. Karli already has.

I got excited when I saw Latvia, until I remembered that it wasn't Latveria.

Really enjoying the series so far. Lots of balls in the air.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Madripoor was extremely Cyberpunk to me. Freaking loved it. And I'm guessing we're going to see more of it in the future. They could have used any other South Asian metropolis, but they went out of their way to introduce this one to the MCU.

- - - Updated - - -

I've also seen suggestions that Sharon could be the Power Broker.

Yea, totally loved the Cyberpunk theme of Madripoor too, there even was a secret entrance inside a container Honestly, I'd take more stories in that city any day. It's great.
    Does anyone know what city it was filmed in or rather, what city they used for the skyline shots?

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Yea, totally loved the Cyberpunk theme of Madripoor too, there even was a secret entrance inside a container Honestly, I'd take more stories in that city any day. It's great.
    Does anyone know what city it was filmed in or rather, what city they used for the skyline shots?
    Shanghai maybe? Or CG inspired by Shanghai.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Shanghai maybe? Or CG inspired by Shanghai.

<snipped the pictures>
    That's definitely a possibility, especially the tower towards the left looks similar.
    Shanghai really has a nice skyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    Y-You do know that Steve Rogers used a gun, right? Quite often, too. You... you do realize that, yeah?

Batman is the (completely and utterlycharacter who refuses to use a gun.
    I guess those things on all of batman's vehicles are just simply there to make noise and flash lights?

Why do I keep wanting Steve Rodgers to show and face the "new" Capt. American and say, "Son that isn't yours". Even if he is an old man.